• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine IV cocaine + nasea

Mass08

Bluelighter
Hey all,

Does anyone else get really bad nausea from IV cocaine? Is there anyway to prevent this? I used the search but couldn't find the answers I was looking for.

Thanks

I would never admit to IV coke use, but when I was into this I never got sick. Just extreme pleasure that is off-the-scale.

I only do speedballs and there honestly really small doses so I don't get wicked retarded or anything. I just get really bad nausea for like 5 minutes that fades into pleasure.

If you do a good blast of iv cocaine nausea and vomiting are hard to avoid. It's pretty normal. I look at it like if i dont puke it wasn't that good. ;-)

lol ok. how long in between shots of coke should you wait for safety?

If you do a good blast of iv cocaine nausea and vomiting are hard to avoid. It's pretty normal. I look at it like if i dont puke it wasn't that good. ;-)

Haha, that's pretty much how I looked at it. Great coke always made me yack if I did a big enough hit... but I was rushing so hard and feeling so damn good I didn't even care.

As far as how how long in between shots you should wait.. it's tricky. I mean, ideally you'd wait at least an hour in between shots but when it comes to IV cocaine... the urge to re-dose is super strong and it's incredibly hard not to want to shoot up again immediately after the rush wares off. Just keep in mind, the longer you wait... the better the next rush will be. So use that reasoning to force yourself to wait a little longer in between shots.

Okay so if I only waited like 20-30 minutes my health wouldn't be in jeopardy? I have literally 1 shot left.

Also I wanna shoot more dope when the coke runs out but I did a decent amount of dope ~30 minutes ago. Should I either wait a much longer time to redose the dope or would it be okay to just shoot a drastically lower amount?

There are no risk free IV cocaine experiences, but of you're been doin that already all session and you haven't been having chest discomfort or anything you would be fine for one last shot.

No more h until you're completely down off the coke.

I bet the heroin is responsible. I know, another poster said it makes him sick, but never a single time in my experience.

Naw man im 99% sure its the cocaine. When I take a monstrous blast of crack I end up almost puking everytime.

I always had extremely pure cocaine when I was IVing. I was already addicted to IV opiates, and I usually used them together (first the cocaine, then a few minutes later the opiates). Whenever I banged my coke, I'd be prepared. I always had a bucket next to me. EVERY time I banged cocaine, I vomited. I wasn't "nauseous", per say, but I felt an intense need to vomit. Usually I'd stop after about three times into the bucket.

I've never once vomited from opiates (well, except for this one time my buddy tells me I was on benzos and then shot heroin - apparently I threw up then, but I wasn't there so I don't count it). But cocaine got me EVERY time.

Methamphetamine never made me vomit, so it wasn't just the fact that I shot stimulants that did it. Something about the pharmacology of cocaine made me vomit, and yet not feel what I call nausea.

Naw man im 99% sure its the cocaine. When I take a monstrous blast of crack I end up almost puking everytime.

Yeah, that's a pretty classic effect of IV coke and crack. If you've never experienced it, either you didn't do big enough shots or your coke was horrible.

^^^

I knew someone would dicksize me and tell me I must have done something wrong, or what I had was less good than what they had. :)

Seems like a classic, conditioned response for people to say that when a response does not fit in with their personal experience.

Throwing up while smoking crack may happen, but I don't think it is the usual response. Same with IV.

Yeah, that's a pretty classic effect of IV coke and crack. If you've never experienced it, either you didn't do big enough shots or your coke was horrible.

He said it, as well as various other people...

Opioids are very common to cause nausea and possibly vomiting, but unless you've shot a ridiculous amount, I find that opiate nausea kicks in with a bit of a delay; you certainly shouldn't feel nauseous during the speedball rush. I've had shots of heroin that made me nauseous later (though still not enough to have me purging me innards), but for me it's pretty much a standard effect that I expect when taking large doses of cocaine - that is, injecting it or smoking big, high-purity rocks. I immediately begin to feel sweaty and kind of (sometimes alarmingly) nauseous. Every time I injected blow I felt nauseous, sometimes so strongly that I felt that if I moved up from my seat I would spew all over the floor. A kind of "so good it's almost bad" feeling - and it is really only inches away from bad. But it isn't - it remains good.

When I'm starting a crack session I always try to go for a bellringer on the first hit, but after that I will not smoke for 20-30 minutes because I'm sure another hit would sent me to the bathroom to vomit.

As far as how how long in between shots you should wait.. it's tricky. I mean, ideally you'd wait at least an hour in between shots but when it comes to IV cocaine... the urge to re-dose is super strong and it's incredibly hard not to want to shoot up again immediately after the rush wares off. Just keep in mind, the longer you wait... the better the next rush will be. So use that reasoning to force yourself to wait a little longer in between shots.

If not just for the rush, there's also the harm reduction side to consider - just because the "rush" is over, you're still very much on cocaine - it just feels so meager in comparison to the rush felt minutes ago. With IV and smoked freebase, the peak of the effect is a massive spike, which ends abruptly, and makes the residual effects seem like you're actually at baseline - but taking more at this point is dangerous.

A) Considerable vasoconstriction will make accurately and safely administering following IV shots more difficult
B) Considerable amounts of cocaine remain in your bloodstream for a while, increasing the chance of (POTENTIALLY FATAL, AND OTHERWISE STILL MANIFESTLY UN-COOL) accidental overdose.
C) This kind of use is gonna attach your tolerance to a space shuttle and blast it into orbit.

Last edited:
Every time I injected blow I felt nauseous, sometimes so strongly that I felt that if I moved up from my seat I would spew all over the floor. A kind of "so good it's almost bad" feeling - and it is really only inches away from bad. But it isn't - it remains good.

Exactly. Hah, it's a weird experience. A good shot of IV coke brings you right to the brink of, "this is too intense..shit this is bad!".. but doesn't completely throw you over the edge, so it's still immensely pleasurable.

Exactly. Hah, it's a weird experience. A good shot of IV coke brings you right to the brink of, "this is too intense..shit this is bad!".. but doesn't completely throw you over the edge, so it's still immensely pleasurable.

Yep. It really feels like the slightest addition of anything psychoactive would push you off the ledge and it would start to suck, hard. Most of the sensations, in isolation, are the kind of shit that I would dismiss as "unwanted adverse effects" if I read them on paper. However, the sum of their parts seems to be scrotum-sucklingly euphoric and pleasurable, for some reason. A good hit of coke made me feel slightly afraid every time (even before I nearly killed myself, shit my pants, and stopped banging blow), but it's still the most euphoric rush I've ever hard - that and a good hit of dope.

Yep. It really feels like the slightest addition of anything psychoactive would push you off the ledge and it would start to suck, hard. Most of the sensations, in isolation, are the kind of shit that I would dismiss as "unwanted adverse effects" if I read them on paper. However, the sum of their parts seems to be scrotum-sucklingly euphoric and pleasurable, for some reason. A good hit of coke made me feel slightly afraid every time (even before I nearly killed myself, shit my pants, and stopped banging blow), but it's still the most euphoric rush I've ever hard - that and a good hit of dope.

Yes. When you do cross that line though into OD territory.. it becomes super scary and unpleasant very quickly.. Hah. OD'ing on IV coke or crack is one of the scariest things I've ever dealt with because you are intensely aware of how bad things are getting.. hah. You don't just loose consciousness like an OD on heroin... you're wide awake and panicking, praying you don't just drop dead of a heart attack or have a seizure.

i have never injected blow but i often get nausea just from snorting it. i think it is a pretty common side effect.