• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines IV Freebase DMT part du? Probably more.

Jediknight36

Greenlighter
Just discovered This Thread , and I have an iv stuck in my arm this week, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I found a tek that shows roughly how much vinegar one should use to convert dmt freebase to salt, but I feel better about using citric acid or lemon juice.

Does anyone know of a good equation for that? I have sterile syringes and saline. Just part of being chronically ill.

Tbh I can't imagine IV to be a massively different experience to smoking, as one must take enough in one lungful to get going. And it hits within one heartbeat.
But I've no experience with IV so give it a gonif you're confident!

So I need to update yall.

I went through with a small dose OK Thursday. 1ml and 30mg of dmt.

It took about 120mg of absorbic acid to dissolve it into the 1ml of bactrostatic water.

It took hold within seconds, but I only got about 2 hits worth in. Aside from my pulse instantly going up, and the nausea, it was pretty nice. All warm and fuzzy.

I should have used more liquid though. Turns out about half got stuck inside the hose above my skin. They flushed the iv later that day, and I got another hit or so. It felt like I was on 200ug LSD in a hospital, watching bright green swirly trees outside.

I was too chicken to try again the next day, unfortunately. If given the opportunity, I would do it again though.

Was it less intense than smoking then? As quite a love dose was used

Or is IV better? Although there would be a little bit of wastage when smoking DMT, it hits you faster than IV I'd imagine (as in it's wise to have someone take the pipe off you if you take a big hit!) IV will give you ,100% bioavailability. Right?

So I need to update yall.

I went through with a small dose OK Thursday. 1ml and 30mg of dmt.

It took about 120mg of absorbic acid to dissolve it into the 1ml of bactrostatic water.

It took hold within seconds, but I only got about 2 hits worth in. Aside from my pulse instantly going up, and the nausea, it was pretty nice. All warm and fuzzy.

I should have used more liquid though. Turns out about half got stuck inside the hose above my skin. They flushed the iv later that day, and I got another hit or so. It felt like I was on 200ug LSD in a hospital, watching bright green swirly trees outside.

I was too chicken to try again the next day, unfortunately. If given the opportunity, I would do it again though.

An IV needs to be flushed after every use. Normal saline is the norm. Flush and close clamp as you are pushing saline.

IV dosage, is it the same as smoked/vaped? I have never tried DMT, but i wish i can soon. I'm not very good at using oil burners so that's why i'm thinking maybe IV is better way for me. I've heard DMT is not completely water soluble, do i need to use citric acid to dissolve it? How much water should i use?

IV dosage, is it the same as smoked/vaped? I have never tried DMT, but i wish i can soon. I'm not very good at using oil burners so that's why i'm thinking maybe IV is better way for me. I've heard DMT is not completely water soluble, do i need to use citric acid to dissolve it? How much water should i use?

Use 20-30mg first go IV. You can smoke DMT just fine sandwiched in some herb. It does need an acid to convert from freebase to water soluble salt form. Hard to know on water but minimal should be good.

-GC

Use 20-30mg first go IV. You can smoke DMT just fine sandwiched in some herb. It does need an acid to convert from freebase to water soluble salt form. Hard to know on water but minimal should be good.
Thanks! I use a lots of water or saline when i IV, maybe 2-2,5ml per shot (I try to avoid burning my veins, i have only 1 left, at my foot so need to be careful). Shooting psychedelics feels little weird to me, only been eating them (shrooms, LSD, bromo-dragonfly, 2c-..)

@Isavela don't use an oil burner, I've tried to make it work several times and it's always been a poor experience. Burnt DMT tastes incredibly foul and caustic in the mouth.

I also highly suggest weed sandwich method. I've used a proper DMT vape aka "The Machine", but always went back to weed sandwich as my preferred method. It works surprisingly well.

@Isavela don't use an oil burner, I've tried to make it work several times and it's always been a poor experience. Burnt DMT tastes incredibly foul and caustic in the mouth.

I also highly suggest weed sandwich method. I've used a proper DMT vape aka "The Machine", but always went back to weed sandwich as my preferred method. It works surprisingly well.
Sandwich??

Sandwich??
Yeah, just put a bit of grinded up weed in a bowl to block the hole, then put in a layer of your DMT and then cover it with a layer of more weed. Like a sandwich. Then just smoke it like a regular hit of weed with a normal lighter.

It works very well and is more efficient than it sounds.

The only downside is if you aren't tolerant to weed it can add a bit of anxiety to the experience, and if you cough easily that can be bad.

Having a coughing fit while coming up on DMT isn't the most pleasant experience.

I would smoke weed in the days before doing weed sandwich just to prepare your tolerance and lungs.

You sort of need 2-3 different pipes at the same time for this, though, if you plan on breaking through. Can't exactly reload the bowl in between hits. You can also use a bong or whatever.

Last edited:
Yeah, just put a bit of grinded up weed in a bowl to block the hole, then put in a layer of your DMT and then cover it with a layer of more weed. Like a sandwich. Then just smoke it like a regular hit of weed with a normal lighter.

It works very well and is more efficient than it sounds.

The only downside is if you aren't tolerant to weed it can add a bit of anxiety to the experience, and if you cough easily that can be bad.

Having a coughing fit while coming up on DMT isn't the most pleasant experience.

I would smoke weed in the days before doing weed sandwich just to prepare your tolerance and lungs.

You sort of need 2-3 different pipes at the same time for this, though, if you plan on breaking through. Can't exactly reload the bowl in between hits. You can also use a bong or whatever.
Oh i see, wow, that sounds pretty easy :)