Admin Attention I've been trying to establish a subreddit on neuroscience and cognition but....

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
It's not conventional neuroscience and cognition, it's based on a controversial endeavour where I contend potentiation of nerve action potentials as a means to be better at sex basically (better nerve stimulation in partner), via cognitive application, could potentially be the future of nervous system based interventions (alleviating late-life and aging related conditions caused by neural degeneration/reduction in potency of nerve action potentials);

It's difficult to get r/ 's off the ground however.

Basically the question I guess I'm asking is, is it tolerated to link such posts to posts on bluelight (NS&P sub) in attempt to allow discussion/insights/opinions to flourish?

Is cross posting into other forums such as r/ 's allowed on BL..... ?

Sort of off-topic, but I deeply enjoy your blog on here, for what it's worth. Facinating Stuff. 👍

Assuming I have the green light here?

Links to a neuroscience/cognition r/ - ?

Worst that happens is a sub-moderator will delete the thread or edit out the link I'm assuming.

Just to be safe wait until an admin or smod answers your question so as not to have it deleted after you put time into making it. Not sure of the rules on this but i know they don't like links from outside sources.

I don’t see any problem with linking to the subreddit when relevant. I’d appreciate if you don’t make a thread solely to promote it tho, ya know what I mean?

controversial endeavour where I contend potentiation of nerve action potentials as a means to be better at sex
w.r.t to this theory, I’d say if you’re gonna post it in N&PD it should at least have some basis in the neuroscience literature and not be just wild speculation. With all due respect, your thread about the same topic that is now in Best of Bluelight doesn’t give me the much hope. But I’d love to have my mind changed 🙂

Hi Johnboy,

I am a little bit uncomfortable with this proposition. It is fine to link to posts in the NS&PD forum, but much of your writing i have seen lacks basis in established fact. If the content of the subreddit is similar, then i do not think it would be appropriate. There may be less formal places to promote the subreddit.

However, if you are expanding on literature in a manner true to the papers you reference, then feel welcome to link such posts.

Feel free to reach out for clarification/guidance.

Assuming I have the green light here?

Links to a neuroscience/cognition r/ - ?

Worst that happens is a sub-moderator will delete the thread or edit out the link I'm assuming.
Please cross link to Reddit where appropriate. It drives traffic to us.

This is in our favor. I am trying to get r/drugs to link to BL. In a more meaningful way than out of the way.

@Skorpio & @thegreenhand the key is to link very applicable threads to Reddit. I don’t know what that might be for NPD, but I am sure that if a BL user wanted to start a sub THEN MAKE YOU BOTH MODS THERE. That would give you control.

Shameless cross promoting should be avoided. @TheLoveBandit thoughts?

Last edited:
Feedback I'm getting is - do so, but proceed with caution.

In terms of validity of my claims as to this potential "wild hypothesis", I understand the skepticism.

It's like an amalgam of sports psychology with cognitive neuroscience lending from the core concept of neurology (action potential formation/propagation), mixed with some esoteric physics (patterns/fractals).

Much of the point of extensive documenting and blogging on this site is in attempt to really attain reduction on the reams of theory etc down to that ultimate clarity.

On said r/ I have linked to other /r's cognitive-science, neuropsychology, biochemistry and neurology, to which I'm attempting to cross post regularly to get feedback on each concept comprising the overall contention.

I feel there's unquestionable merit in this "wild hypothesis" - in my mind, no doubt about it.

But without some kind of scientific validation or "peer review" in a manner of speaking, realistically that's all it is for the time being.

Thus additionally cross posting in Bluelight and potentially getting perspectives of learned minds there in also is something I felt could behoove the outcome.

I would certainly be open to cross posting both ways or assigning additional moderators if any reliable mods here are open to that.

In any case getting a start on things, feedback I'm getting is "proceed, but do so with caution and the expected application of at least reasonably verifiable scientific rationale".

Last edited: