Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

IVing DMT-Advice

SoonAJunkie

Bluelighter
Hi all
I've never shot anything
i got my hands on some white DMT!
And i want to IV it,since smoking will require triple the amount of IVed dmt to induce a breakthrough
Anyway
can someone warn me about the dangers of iv dmt
and how to iv it?
i've heard that i need lemon(2 drops) and water only
heat?
thanks in advance

You need to carefully prepare a sterile solution of your material.
If you are not experienced in how to work in a sterile way, I recommend you find a friend who does and can help you in real life.
Regards

Don't IV lemon juice FFS, you probably heard that because it takes an acid to convert your water insoluble freebase DMT into a salt which will be water soluble. However lemon juice contains a lot of gunk besides acids and you do no want to IV gunk.

Inorganic or synthetic organic acids like pure citric acid, fumaric acid, tartaric acid etc those are alright. Muriatic acid is pretty strong but possible if you know how much to add, acetic acid (as in vinegar) is an option but again you don't want common wine vinegar or stuff like that since those contain a lot of other shite. Ideally you buy some crystalline acid at an old school pharmacy or a brewery shop.

Use sterile water, saline or bacteriostatic water.

You will need to make at least a ballpark calculation of how much acid to add to your DMT to dissolve it, or otherwise titrate it. Meaning adding tiny bits until all DMT is dissolved then stop immediately.

Another thing that is vital is filtering, you will need a wheel filter such as a whatman filter, 0.2 micron pore size to lead your DMT solution through. Even if your DMT looks clean and white to the naked eye that doesn't make it pure!!

How to inject is another matter, check the forum I am sure there are instruction manuals.

Continue here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=374528

A person who has no experience with needles IV ing a breakthrough dose of DMT, sounds very dangerous imo. There is the chance of implications like not getting the needle out in time, and other such things. I dunno if it is really worth doing, when there are ways of breaking through by other means.

:\ mmyeah it really is a lot to ask. Before you can do this you really need the control and skill that comes along with it. You need to take it one step at a time.

I don't know about you, but I've never had trouble dissolving DMT freebase in water. It is a little polar and 50mg should easily dissolve in a few ml of water in my experience. I've never IV'ed DMT though and I don't intend to since smoking usually does the trick for me.

since smoking will require triple the amount of IVed dmt to induce a breakthrough
You sure about that factor? Triple sounds a bit high.

If you just want to IV this to make your white DMT go a longer way and can get yellow/orange DMT much easier, there are ways to clean DMT. Here are a few options, ideally you perform all of them in that order:
-Form salt in acidic water, pull with non polar to remove non polars
-Add base, pull with non polar to extract DMT freebase

-Add 1g DMT to 20ml IPA, add 300mg activated charcoal, keep at 60°C for a day (make sure air can't escape or the solvent will evaporate)
-Filter out charcoal
-Evaporate solvent
Note: Btw the dirtier it is, the more charcoal you should use. For light yellow DMT I'd use no more than 250mg, for dark brown stuff up to a gram

-Recrystallize at least once in heptan to yield shiny white crystals.

The extract I yielded the very first time I did this was supposedly over 99.9% DMT according to GC/MS. I presonally can't verify this, but have had multiple sceptics look at the results...

Just saying, this isn't hard or expensive to do and you can get very very clean shit from the dirtiest DMT.

Last edited:
I saw the thread title " IVing DMT-Advice" and my first thought was: "don't do it."

Really if you've got no experience IVing substances, or even IMing them starting with DMT is a really bad idea.
From your comments about getting "some white DMT!" it sounds like you might not have much experience with DMT anyway, in which case best approach is to smoke it. Don't jump in where angels fear to tread.

You would definitely need a friend to IV it for you otherwise you'd blast off into hyperspace before you had the plunger fully depressed

IV'ing DMT is a very intrueging notion to me. I have a ton of experience with psychadelics, but DMT is among the few that I have not tried(yet). I do have experience with proper IVing however, and I have wanted to try DMT for a while now. I have heard from numerous sources, that smoking it has a much lesser chance of enabling a "breakthrough", and since anything less than a breakthrough would not be worth the trouble, IMHO, I would love to try this chemical as a pure(as possible)form, and a sufficient dose, administered intraveineously by a pro(or at least a trusted friend w/skills)....But if I were to come across some descent DMT, I definitely would NOT rush to grab my hypo lol...

^ There's very few extremely experienced trippers that would. I've only heard of a handful of people who have tried it.

SaJ, you seem to be jumping in the deep end with a lot of substances lately, it seems like you've picked up a needle fixation and that's what you truly crave.

why iv it when vapor works fine... i would not wanna pass out with needle in my arm

why iv it when vapor works fine... i would not wanna pass out with needle in my arm
Because vaping does not always work fine. There's a chance you don't break through, dosage is unreliable, some people find the vapor very irritating to the throat, the onset with iv'ing is faster. many reasons. i personally have no desire to iv dmt and have smoked it way over 100 times, but i can see why some people would want to try it via that route.

Via I.M. you don't really risk going warp with the needle still sticking out, however it does require even greater sanitary care if possible.

Via I.M. you don't really risk going warp with the needle still sticking out, however it does require even greater sanitary care if possible.
Isn't smoking much quicker to hit than IM? Why inject something that can potentially damage tissue when it's not even as hard hitting as smoking? I personally would much rather IV than IM DMT of unknown purity.