Welcome Guest
    Please read before posting:
    Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • Current Events & Politics Moderators: Nurse Ratched | Cheshire_Kat | CFC

US Events Jan 6th Attack on the Capitol and the Aftermath

Jerry Atrick

Sr. Moderator: TDS, NSADD
Staff member
Iv watched a good bit of it, not all of it but I just don’t care that much tbh, that’s why I’m asking you guys what you see as proof it was a legitimate attempt at a insurrection
That's the problem. Each hearing is 2-3+ hours. There is so much evidence and information, mountains, it would take for-fucking-ever for any of us to try summarize them for you. Even then, it wouldn't do it justice because much of the evidence is video and first hand interview accounts. This by the way is the reason hearing second hand and edited clips from MSM is not ideal. If you can't be bothered to watch the hearings in their entirety like many of us here, then I don't know what to say. It's not fair for us to watch them all and have to give our second hand rundown when all the videos are on youtube for your viewing pleasure.

It's like asking someone for all the answers on a school test because you couldn't be bothered to study. Sorry bud, it's all there :)

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
Oh shit...

qhas.gif

Jerry Atrick

Staff member
Trump's been subpoenaed. You heard it here first.. From Australia 😏
Oh yes, I watched the hearing live today.

In case anyone forgot, Hillary testified for like 11 hours straight about Benghazi and did not plead the fifth once. Anybody wanna make wagers on how many times Trump will plead the fifth? :drama:

trump-fifth.jpg

AbbeyLee

Bluelighter
Oh yes, I watched the hearing live today.

In case anyone forgot, Hillary testified for like 11 hours straight about Benghazi and did not plead the fifth once. Anybody wanna make wagers on how many times Trump will plead the fifth? :drama:

trump-fifth.jpg

I just saw it briefly (amongst the flood news here) and thought "is this a big deal?" so came and looked here but didn't see anything.

It's a step in the right direction, right? To stop him getting in again in 2024?

What is the fifth? (Amendment I assume).

Jerry Atrick

Staff member
I just saw it briefly (amongst the flood news here) and thought "is this a big deal?" so came and looked here but didn't see anything.

It's a step in the right direction, right? To stop him getting in again in 2024?

What is the fifth? (Amendment I assume).
Yes it is good. A subpoena means he is essentially being forced to testify before the Committee. Failure to appear is grounds for contempt, which would go to a jury trial and could possibly result in jail time.

The Fifth Amendment:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

The bold part pretty much means the defendant does not have to incriminate themselves when they testify. It is almost exclusively used by guilty parties who do not wish to admit to a crime they committed. For example, the prosecutor may ask, "Did you commit sedition against our nation?" If they did, they have the constitutional right to say, "I plead the Fifth" and nothing more.

Dropperneck

Bluelighter
I think there will be ample security at the inauguration. All living former presidents except Carter + Pence + Biden + Harris = lots of security

As far as the state capitals go, I think the governors will call up the National Guard. The governor of Maryland was waiting to send them into DC (needed the okay to cross the border), and this time it’ll be them and their staffs. They’ll be ready.

After what happened, I don’t think any of the politicians are going to mess around. I don’t think as many Trump supporters are going to be as eager to get arrested and put on the no-fly list as they were before.

I hope I’m right.
What do you think about January 6 now

JGrimez

Bluelighter
January 6 was an entrapment and then direct attack on the American people by their government.

And the propaganda is ridiculous "worse than 9/11....." :rolleyes:

JGrimez

Bluelighter
Jan sixth was worse than the holocaust bro, where you been at.
Also why isn’t this a bigger story https://justthenews.com/politics-po...probe-democrat-whistleblowers-evidence-ballot
Whoah, I thought that election fraud was some kooky conspiracy theory?
Like it only happened in other countries, but never in a developed western nation like the US!

oh and I'm afraid I'll have to request that you retract your holocaust statement.
Or else you will receive the Yeezy treatment.