• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kanna 1st Time Use

lman_15

Bluelighter
Hey I'm on the suboxone program (taking 8mg a day) and because I can't use drugs and want to have some fun/relaxation I thought I'd try Kanna.. I bought 8grams of it and wanted to know..
Will Kanna interact with the suboxone I am taking?
What is a good starting dose?
What is the best way to ingest it to get optimal effects?

Thanks for the quick reply..
I did some research and found out I could smoke it, snort it, or eat it.. I don't really want to eat it.. Does anyone have any experience with smoking or snorting it? Also, what can be expected as far as a "high" goes?

With your subs, I think it will be great. You aren't on any antidepressants are you? If so, you shouldn't use Kanna. Serotonin syndrome may result.

Well roll up a joint of this first. You just might be impressed with the major mood lift. I mean a normal cigarette, not a "fat daddy" LOL

Remember that kanna may cause serotonin syndrome in combo with some opioids like tramadol which are also serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

The best way to do kanna is to snort it. I quite like it, it can be suprisingly strong especially combined with cannabis. I would start with something like 50mg. Don't expect it to be a nice thing to snort though. It can produce a fairly loved up happy feeling a tiny bit remanisant of a mdma type feeling but to a much lesser extent, it can occasionaly get me in a bit of a snappy moode though.

I'd suggest trying kratom. It's not an opiate but it gives opiate-like effects.

I don't know if suboxone blocks it though.

Some of the alkaloids in kratom are active at opioid receptors - delta mostly but mu at higher doses (according to wikipedia) and as a general point it is the mu receptors that are responsible for most of the enjoyable opioid effects.

I would imagine that the buprenorphine in Suboxone would block the effects of kratom that are caused by this opioid activity. Buprenorphine has the highest affinity for opioid receptors that I know of, so effectively blocks all other opioids - I can't imagine the alkaloids in kratom being any different, but I could be wrong. My neuropharmacology still needs some work!

I dont usually respond in forums but I created an account just to reply to this thread to warn anybody else who might be wondering if they can take kanna and suboxone together. I tried kanna for the first time yesterday. I've been taking 24mg of suboxone daily for 4 years now. I had some kanna extract and measured out 50mg and took it sublingually. I waited about 5 min and felt a little bit and decided I felt it a little and maybe I got bunk stuff. About 10 minutes later my heart started pounding, i got super dizzy, and immediately started sweating. I was on a zoom meeting watching someone give a presentation and it's like everyones voices started going super fast. My palms were freezing cold and it was not a pleasant feeling at all. I looked up the symptoms and it looks like I had a mild case of serontin syndrome. Turns out that suboxone and kanna DO NOT MIX. SO PLEASE, if you plan on taking kanna and your on suboxone, DO NOT DO IT!!! Also maybe that's what kanna is supposed to do, and I just didnt like it. But I highly doubt it because it was not pleasant at all. Also I almost vomited and went number 2 in my pants. All symptoms of serontin syndrome. If anybody here takes suboxone and kanna please let me know so I can rule out the possibility that I had serontin syndrome. I am on an antidepressant, but it's not an SSRI. Hope this helps someone out, or someone can shed some light on what happened to me that would be awesome. God bless all

Kanna has to be the good stuff...got the so called 100x extract and then got the very cheap capsulated 200 mg type. So called bulk did nothing but the cheap capsulated ones really kicked in. Same feeling every time and no question Serotonin was
magnified . I could feel the effect and every time caused gurning or same effect MDMA does( teeth clenching) but no empathy what so ever. Just the teeth slightly grinding and very strong feeling of WELL BEING.

I got a 200 x it extract I think, or high number few years ago.

I liked it. I took 150 mg's first time. It was strong initially like a large edible cannabis dose for a few hours, too stoned kind of sedative.

But it has longevity unlike Kava which peaks and tails off to persisting sedation, and more than Kratom too.

I remember feeling sharp, clear, focussed, positive and energized for the rest of the day.

I was allergic to the kanna though.

Or otherwise I would be a regular. Except not by smoking. Just get the highest quality bark powder and make a tea.

Smoking anything is going to be less sustainable likely and more irritating to the body.

There is also (muellin?) bark. Check it out.

Kanna is good.

There is also kava!

No question what so ever High grade Phenylethylamine at 1000 mg and Hordenine at 200 mg will have you zipped up and feeling highly energetic. Nothing like Pure RCs but hey for the price and safety it's worth investment. Kanna really does well for feeling of well being but must be good quality extract. Found only 2 good products and I think after usage dosage; needs to increase to get well being effect. Does help to have good strong cup of coffee with it and the Hordenine before using the PE .;):love:

I dont usually respond in forums but I created an account just to reply to this thread to warn anybody else who might be wondering if they can take kanna and suboxone together. I tried kanna for the first time yesterday. I've been taking 24mg of suboxone daily for 4 years now. I had some kanna extract and measured out 50mg and took it sublingually. I waited about 5 min and felt a little bit and decided I felt it a little and maybe I got bunk stuff. About 10 minutes later my heart started pounding, i got super dizzy, and immediately started sweating. I was on a zoom meeting watching someone give a presentation and it's like everyones voices started going super fast. My palms were freezing cold and it was not a pleasant feeling at all. I looked up the symptoms and it looks like I had a mild case of serontin syndrome. Turns out that suboxone and kanna DO NOT MIX. SO PLEASE, if you plan on taking kanna and your on suboxone, DO NOT DO IT!!! Also maybe that's what kanna is supposed to do, and I just didnt like it. But I highly doubt it because it was not pleasant at all. Also I almost vomited and went number 2 in my pants. All symptoms of serontin syndrome. If anybody here takes suboxone and kanna please let me know so I can rule out the possibility that I had serontin syndrome. I am on an antidepressant, but it's not an SSRI. Hope this helps someone out, or someone can shed some light on what happened to me that would be awesome. God bless all
You really know it's working if you feel it in your brain and teeth do the Molly thing. Meaning gurning or slight clenching. I am positive because I got the precapsulated ones and it was the real plant. It works for real but only on Serotonin, not dopamine which sucks. RCs all work differently on the dopamine and seratonin for sure. Plus you feel strong effects , but for Kanna it's nice supplement. GOd if they only never banned Khat; I would be in heaven. I would have pallets of that .....LOL!