• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Ketamine subthread] Nasal spray.

Making Ketamine Nasal Spray

I'm currently on a 10% Ketamine nasal spray which is outrageously expensive. I'm wondering if I was to get a 10ml vial of Ketamine and mixed it with a nasal saline solution would that be about the same or should I bake the K down to powder and then mix it?
Thanks for any help.

Won't make a difference. K is shipped in saline solution anyway.

Kewl beans. I wasn't sure what was in the vials besides the K. Then I could technically use 1 vial to make 100ml solution and maybe crystallize another for recreational use.

Well if its distilled water that will be fine as well. Just as long as its not something that would hurt the inside of my nose.

Question though. I remember back in the day when a vial of K was cooked up it made about a gram of powder. If the vial says 500mg / 10ml does that mean if it was cooked up it would only make a half of a gram or did the gram include other things like filler.

True. But as I said Im on a 10% solution for pain control and if anything its a tiny sting. But a 60ml prescription runs over $400 and last about 2 weeks, so Im look for an inexpensive option with of course some fun with left overs. =D

salt hurts the inside of the nose. it burns. not nicely.

Most brands of ketamine are dH2O or saline with a small amount of preservative. And saline solution is usually isotonic (read: same amount of salt in it as your body) and doesn't sting.

If the vial says 500mg you will get 500mg.

Actually plain water burns the sinuses. That's why plain nasal spray is saline.

Last edited:
BumpBump

Really haven't read the past 10 comments, but I want to contribute.

Nasal spraying works wonders for a chemical I tried a year and half ago

I used either 100-150mg of 25c-nbome, and mixed it in with water using an Afrin push-to-spray plastic bottle, which let me remove the spray mechanism with my nail. Don't remember how much water I used, or that I even cared. But one spray got me 2-4 blotter hits easy. All my friends, girls too, loved the idea of having a psychedelic spray. Nobody was quite sure what it even was, and I had practically nothing to say about it, but it did it's magic, and never ran out after countless summer parties, and beach trips. There was still a good fraction of it before I lost it, so it just goes to show you how well you can ration nasally active chems through this procedure.
I wouldn't advise dumping the powder/liquid K into pure nasal spray solution, as I have no idea what reaction on the chemical it would have, so please use clean water when attempting this method.

One major complaint I had with 25c-NBOME, is my nasal passages, and some parts of the lungs felt tremendous pain in form of a burning sensation for at least a couple hours after inhaling. pain was peaking at around 10 minutes, that lasted for an hour of discomfort, tapering off in the hours to come. but It was a big letdown, as the peak of the drug coincided with the pain of my nasal passages.

I would warn anyone willing to go this route, but I don't know if there is reported pain on this chem, you'd have to find for yourself.

Remember 25c-NBOME is a phenethylamine, and a derivative of 2c-e, which has been noted to sting like a mother fucker when snorted. So Ketamine could be different.

Worth a try though. Don't listen to people claiming it wont work, because they're speaking out of their ass. If the chem is snortable then you bet your ass it;s gonna work wonders when used as a spray, there's literally No reason for it not to work unless it does pass your esophagus into your stomach.

Which is why you ABSOLUTELY

Have to make sure to get a Full Mist Spray bottle, as if you just pour the liquid down your nostril with a pipette or the like, its just going to slide down your throat.

Full Mist Spray will linger in your nasal passages until it gets fully absorbed into your skin. Can't wait to try this myself.

if course if it's gonna work in powder form why shouldn't it work if it's still liquid? I understand you want to be sure not to waste your ket tho

So if a person has powdered K. At what ratio should they mix it with saline nasal spray to achieve about the same dose as you might get from a 'bullet' such as the one in the included image?

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000XmFF.O98FSo/s/750/600/Cocaine-Bullet-1.jpg
Cocaine-Bullet-1.jpg

We can't tell you that with any accuracy; the volume of liquid dispensed by a sprayer is not universal and can vary from brand to brand or even bottle to bottle due to manufacturing discrepancies.
You could approximate if you had accurate liquid measuring tools.
For example accurately measure 5-10mL and place inside and spray until it begins to run dry while counting the sprays.
Then measure the amount of excess left in the bottle (it won't spray all of it this is why you must spray just until it begins to run dry) and minus that from the original volume and divide by the # of sprays to get the approximate volume dispensed with each spray.

Or if you had an accurate scale, weigh 5 or 10mL and keep spraying until a weight that's accurately read by your scale, and do some basic math.

I just answered the question for myself. IT WORKS.

I dissolved 500mg into distilled water. I started with powder in a shot glass and added water until all the powder dissolved. I estimate I used 20ml of warm distilled water.

It takes several pumps to reach a point where I feel a buzz but I think that can be improved. Next time I will heat the water to boiling instead of just warm. It should dissolve more powder into a smaller volume of water that way and be more potent.

Pros: Easy to make. Easy on the nose. Finer control of dose.
Cons: At current potency the number of pumps needed to dose causes sniffles.

I just finished my mometasone spray for allergies and decided to give this a little test run. It totally works and you can dissolve enough ketamine to get a 50 mg bump in 2 sprays (one in each nostril).

I filled my spray bottle with 5 ml of water several times and counted the sprays until it started not squirting full sprays. This ended up being around 40-42 sprays at which point there was about 0.2ml water left in the bottle that didn't spray out nicely. 4.8 ml/40 sprays = 0.12ml per spray. Ketamine dissolves at around 200mg/ml so you end up with about ~24mg/spray.

In order to make it gentle on the nose you should make an isotonic saline solution. Standard saline is 9g/L or 9mg/ml.

In summary
: 1 g ketamine + 45 mg table salt dissolved in 5 ml of water in a spray bottle = about 25 mg per spray (PLEASE NOTE YOUR SPRAY BOTTLE MAY DISPENSE MORE OR LESS LIQUID PER SPRAY THAN MINE.)