• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine - What needle type and preparation should one use for IM injection?

LH_Oswald

Bluelighter
I have been using ketamine for several months and I really appreciate it's anti-depressant and dissociative properties. It has honestly saved me from what I thought was going to be a long life of extreme unending depression and suicidal thoughts. I figured I was going to eventually just commit suicide, and I found peace with that. But ketamine has brought me out of this long 40 year life of hell. I need to continue using it likely for the rest of my life. I am at peace with that.

Nasal administration is causing occasional bladder problems now. Mainly pain, and it does go away after I cease use. This pain comes about now after only using as little as a half gram over 24 hours (after a full week+ of absinance) So I am looking at IM injection as the next solution.

What gauge needle should I use for this? And how do I prepare the powder or crystal rock form of ketamine for IM use?

Any help is appreciated.

i’m skinny but can im in the shoulder with 1/2” insulin sharp. you should use a micron filter, which requires a luer lock syringe.

injecting makes the addictive substance that much more addictive.

Correct. But you still pee it out when you IM.
So there is nothing that can be done to prevent the bladder damage and pain? I don't care how much money I spend on ketamine and I don't care if I'm addicted. The alternative is much worse. Been living it for 40 years. Right now I come home from work and do around 40mg, don't hole out just get the smooth chill. Weekends are different I take more in a day maybe 200 to 500mg and I will go down a hole once it twice.

Well the doses should be less then half with IM.
So that det helps with the bladder issues.

A standard insulin syringe is prefered, i would filter THE ket aswell.
You can easily find micron filters on ebay ord similar.
Just buy a bunch with the syringes.

Do your best to not increase doses aswell.
0,5g per week should be sustainable for a quite a while.
Its really the daily use that makes the toxicity a Huge issue.

I don't think injecting will help much with your bladder issues. Maybe it will. I'd suggest you to start drinking Green Tea. There have been studies done that show the anti-oxidants in green tea might help against the bladder damage.

Check out this reddit post with a study included for more info:

Insulin needles don't go deep enough, you will be getting at least some of the dose subq. What you want is 1"-1.5" needles. Gauge doesn't really matter.

I have been using ketamine for several months and I really appreciate it's anti-depressant and dissociative properties. It has honestly saved me from what I thought was going to be a long life of extreme unending depression and suicidal thoughts. I figured I was going to eventually just commit suicide, and I found peace with that. But ketamine has brought me out of this long 40 year life of hell. I need to continue using it likely for the rest of my life. I am at peace with that.

Nasal administration is causing occasional bladder problems now. Mainly pain, and it does go away after I cease use. This pain comes about now after only using as little as a half gram over 24 hours (after a full week+ of absinance) So I am looking at IM injection as the next solution.

What gauge needle should I use for this? And how do I prepare the powder or crystal rock form of ketamine for IM use?

Any help is appreciated.
Hello! The absolute BEST advice that I can give you is….wait for it……..DO NOT PICK UP THAT NEEDLE!!!! You will start a new fight that is extremely hard to overcome.
My second piece of advice is to go see a doctor for the issues you are dealing with so that you can get on the proper medication and treatment. I wish you the best!

Hello! The absolute BEST advice that I can give you is….wait for it……..DO NOT PICK UP THAT NEEDLE!!!! You will start a new fight that is extremely hard to overcome.
My second piece of advice is to go see a doctor for the issues you are dealing with so that you can get on the proper medication and treatment. I wish you the best!

I wholeheartedly agree here, if i want to stay clean i cant have syringes around.
Snorting doesnt do much for me anymore (unless combined with psychedelics)

So i usually throw away all my tools after im done with a binge.
Gives me some more distance since i would need to order syringes to be able to get stronger effects from ket.

Maybe you could get similar anti-depressant effects from a PCP analogue, or N2O.

The bladder/kidney issue with ketamine is a problem. Dissociatives overall have problems but AFAIK, PCP-type drugs are less toxic in this regard.

N2O doesn't have the urinary problem but can deplete B12 levels.

Maybe the best is to spread your risks and use a bit of each.

How much K are you going for, over time? Like per month?

You are being wise, considering some precautions and planning ahead. Serious K abuse doesn't look pretty, but the therapeutic potential is real.

Sorry for this tangent. I know my advice doesn't directly pertain to your question.

Last edited:
22-20 G needle with a length of 1"-1.5" is what's recommended for other IM injections like epinephrine. Although EpiPens are a bit short.

Also I would also recommend you stick to insnuflication or oral.

Check out @jhjhsdi's signature to see where the bladder pain can end up... Doesn't look fun at all so please be careful.

I've not taken much Ketamine at all but after a couple of experiences with DCK that gave me bladder pain I've drank green tea before and during each time. I've not had a return of the bladder pain so perhaps there is something to it.
If your not already remember to spit the nasal drip and keep well hydrated.
Is there a method to this? I've tried but it seems that the drip is basically already in my throat so I can't figure how to spit it out?

This has been discussed at length in the stickied topic, e.g. this post: https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/wa...ses-bladder-organ-damage.874283/post-15372162

While the exact process by which dissociatives damage the bladder isn't fully understood, it's probably safe to say that if you are prone to such side-effects, unfortunately you will get them no matter what the route of administration, whether nasal, oral, rectal, IM or IV. Spitting out the drip won't help with that either.

I have used ketamine for depression for over 5 years, at approx. 10-15mg/mL, and I only do IM injection. I disagree with the above posters who say IM is a waste of time. I have only recently switched to nasal dosing because I get an Rx nasal spray from my pharmacy, which works better than the nasal applications I tried in the past. The nasal route generally irritates my nose, gives me post-nasal trip, and the full dose is not delivered evenly. Any amount that is taken orally has to go through the liver, which has varied results. So yeah, I support IM.

The nasal preparation I use now seems to work, but if you don't have access to that, it's cleaner and more medically efficient (for benefits) to use IM. You don't need a thick gauge needle.

Any help is appreciated.
I'm 26 and wanted to share this experience. Intermuscilar injecting ketamine. I've believe wholeheartedly in the medicinal use hallucinogens. But I'd never started experimenting with k until just this last year or so. I'm new to it Been self medicating that way since prolly 13 buuuut unfortunately I'm also shooting speed & it's nothing crazy but had to lapse right quick the k Holy fuck the k helped so much & idk the does but I read some stuff & from my past experience with injecting everything & I'm laying here on the floor sharing , with you all um this is been the most psychedelic k I've tried, snorting. So questions thoughts concerns ? Advice to use this wonderful drug Intermuscular would be great. Iike I disposed of that point right then like it counteracts relapse.

Hi guys I'm new to this & had a high ass question to ask I'm tying to figure this out I'm brand new. 26 and wanted to share this experience. Intermuscilar injecting ketamine. I've believe wholeheartedly in the medicinal use hallucinogens. But I'd never started experimenting with k until just this last year or so. I'm new to it Been self medicating that way since prolly 13 buuuut unfortunately I'm also shooting speed & it's nothing crazy but had to lapse right quick the k Holy fuck the k helped so much & idk the does but I read some stuff & from my past experience with injecting everything & I'm laying here on the floor sharing , with you all um this is been the most psychedelic k I've tried, snorting. So questions thoughts concerns ? Advice to use this wonderful drug Intermuscular would be great. Iike I disposed of that point right then like it counteracts relapse

Hi guys I'm new to this & had a high ass question to ask I'm tying to figure this out I'm brand new. 26 and wanted to share this experience. Intermuscilar injecting ketamine. I've believe wholeheartedly in the medicinal use hallucinogens. But I'd never started experimenting with k until just this last year or so. I'm new to it Been self medicating that way since prolly 13 buuuut unfortunately I'm also shooting speed & it's nothing crazy but had to lapse right quick the k Holy fuck the k helped so much & idk the does but I read some stuff & from my past experience with injecting everything & I'm laying here on the floor sharing , with you all um this is been the most psychedelic k I've tried, snorting. So questions thoughts concerns ? Advice to use this wonderful drug Intermuscular would be great. Iike I disposed of that point right then like it counteracts relapse

What is your specific question?

Who said IM Ket is a waste? The fuck.....
That is actually the best route to use ketamine.

No one in this thread said IM is a waste of time; some of us were just pointing out that bladder issues can occur no matter what ROA you choose. Of course IM is the most pleasant way to take ketamine - if you know what you're doing.