• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine, your experience?

I never got visuals from dissociatives besides black and grey geometric landscapes which seemed to be influenced by subconscious/short term memory, if e.g. I spent the day before in the nature then I'd see hedges and trees. if driving a car I'd get street visuals etc. DXM once gave me a space ship interior but never ever did I get colors, have to say that I'm a bit jealous. I dunno whether this had to do with me being on the SNRI venlafaxine or with tolerance because DXM was colorful once very long ago and I think this was before the antidepressants. But other people I shared my DCK supply with even got full immersive movie-like scenes during a hole while I would just pass out if dosed high enough and below that threshold nothing more than these black/gray thingies.

DCK and K mix well as do most arylcyclohexylamine dissociatives. If you dose w/o tolerance it might be overkill though, DCK is very potent. Have a nice trip!
Thank you! Indeed my visuals were first mimicking the activity that I was doing beforehand e.g. i remember playing chess on my phone and i was seeing weird chess boards distorting etc but indeed it was very movie-like. I hope i'll have fun with the dck.
Btw, i used to be on SSRIs for 2 years then switched to SNRIs for 1 year and during that time I could not feel any effects from weed while other people were obviously high. Also, alcohol made me very sick during that time i remember throwing up after 2 beers. I stopped taking antidepressants for 3 years, and then i definitely felt the weed (ironically i dislike it). But overall i believe antidepressants mess with drugs in general.

Btw, i used to be on SSRIs for 2 years then switched to SNRIs for 1 year and during that time I could not feel any effects from weed while other people were obviously high. Also, alcohol made me very sick during that time i remember throwing up after 2 beers. I stopped taking antidepressants for 3 years, and then i definitely felt the weed (ironically i dislike it). But overall i believe antidepressants mess with drugs in general.
Yeah, in fact I didn't get much effects from weed besides that high THC strains made me panic and I thought that was just me but it might well have been the venlafaxine. Which also happens to be one of the most physically addicting substances I've encountered so far, the cold turkey feels a lot like from an opioid. Did you get visuals from dissociatives (or psychedelics) while you were on the SS/NRI or didn't you combine? Never got much interaction with alcohol and SNRI, always remarkable how different individuals behave in regards to drug effects & interactions.

Btw, forget to welcome you to BlueLight! :)

Yeah, in fact I didn't get much effects from weed besides that high THC strains made me panic and I thought that was just me but it might well have been the venlafaxine. Which also happens to be one of the most physically addicting substances I've encountered so far, the cold turkey feels a lot like from an opioid. Did you get visuals from dissociatives (or psychedelics) while you were on the SS/NRI or didn't you combine? Never got much interaction with alcohol and SNRI, always remarkable how different individuals behave in regards to drug effects & interactions.

Btw, forget to welcome you to BlueLight! :)
I'm so glad i found this forum :) Sorry for the late reply i've been home home for the holidays (what a disaster)
I only tried smoking weed a few times and drinking but no hard drugs while on antidepressants. Also I was not on venlafaxine but yea it sucks that a doctor prescribed substance has such a strong addictive effect. I had a similar experience on benzodiazepines (prescribed by the psychiatrist btw). Ironically when i was buying and taking them illegally everything was fine.
But anyway, my last trip on DCK and ketamine was super intense yet very mild visuals... May it be possible that we just develop tolerance to ket and similar substances? I understand you can develop permanent tolerance? I will try the other ket derivatives maybe maybe there is a magical combination

Good, bad and ugly...

Most addictive drug ive ever tried, not that i do it daily.
But once the itch hits its hard to not scratch.

Good, bad and ugly...

Most addictive drug ive ever tried, not that i do it daily.
But once the itch hits its hard to not scratch.

I’m finding this too. I feel I might be becoming reliant on the afterglow. I’m hoping it’s just a rough phase of life but seems all too easy to reach for these days.

-GC