• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

KMnO4 substitue?

jack91

Bluelighter
I dont know if im allowed to mention this, or what its for... but i would like to know of any other chemicals/agents that will oxidize hydrogen particles(that is to my understanding what KMnO4 does...)? i had in mind maybe using those little oxygen packets found in some food products to remove oxygen(ex: those packets found in store baught beef jerky). im not sure if that will work tho...
if anyone has any other ideas on things to use to do this, i will gladly appreciate this.

Huh? Why are you trying to substitute KMn04? You can buy it at Sears, it is 100% UN-REGULATED, and it's as good a bargain as the Asprin you feed a candy raver at the after party for a hummer...
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

hydrogen particles?
are you, like, a Thompsonist or something?
here.. look, i still remember this
this is the Particle Theory from ninth grade science.
1. All matter is made up of small particles.
2. The particles in matter of the same kind are identical.
3. The particles are attracted to each other. The attraction between the particles increases as the particles get closer together.
4. The spaces between the particles are large compared to the size of the particles themselves.
5. The particles have mass and take up space.
All of these are wrong.
so.. redox chemistry, leo the lion says ger and all, that's what you need to know.
you want a substitute for KMnO4?
but whysoever would you want potassium permanganate?
i shouldn't do this, but i'm gonna help you.
a good oxidizing agent is, of course, susceptible to accepting electrons itself. to being reduced. this does not necessarily mean it is, or must be, a good electrophile or a cation or a Lewis acid. all it needs to be able to do is readily undergo a change of its oxidation state of the central atom.
but hey, im gonna help you even more than that.
you need a substitute? here's three.
1. the Jones oxidation
2. the Lemieux oxidation
3. the Swern oxidation
your local library won't have anything about this. your local college library will, but you might as well just hand over the $50,000 and 4 years of your life.
4? naw, 8. at least 8.
they're supposed to be good ones too.
oh well.
organic chemists: runnin' tha carbon ting since 1828

Hahaha ... I dont know what it was but I REALLY liked the above answer! Sadly I think our poster might be left scratching his head..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

well, you know i wish i could tell him... but if this was a perfect world you'd be able to pick up USP grade crystal at bulk food stores between the instant rice and the dried peas for 15 cents a gram..
it's just more fun that way than saying "no, i can't tell you, and trust me it is NOT worth it knowing the answer."

Oh, I couldn't have drempt of a better answer.. of course you don't just come out and say "oh yeah, you can make your methcathinone with ____ instead of _____"..
That why YOU'RE the president of the Other Drugs Chemistry Goons Club (ODCGC)..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

Phreex, you were right i had no clue what the hell he said, but i do know this. i cant spell good, and most of our local stores that should carry kmno4 dont!
frown.gif
that is why i went on a search for substitutes. i have found lots of other things that are similar to kmno4...but not really sure i should try them? i just dont want to waste my time/money if they potentially could work but may not.

If you have a Sears near you, they should carry it. In the water/plumbing hardware part. Near where they have water filters and filter cartridges and shit like that. It's in a small white plastic bottle (the size that vitamins come in) with a blue label that says Kenmore Potassium Permanganate on it. At Sears. Go there.
=^._.^= meow

grrr, im telling you guys ive looked and asked and they didnt have it... however, i will look when i go to iowa in a couple of weeks. im hoping that one of them will have it their. anyway thanx.

Here, I will do anything I can to helping the young drug cooks come out... this was detailed in the kitchen synth I wrote -
KMn04 - Sears catalog #4234415
Order it, as you can't always find it - in areas where there isn't hard water (?), they wont have it..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

Also look for a snake bite kit. Some still contain it. Hopefully you are not using it to make explosives. You can make a nice one with it and ...
------------------
Look, you wanna compare brain pans? I won the Westinghouse prize when I was 12, big deal. Published at 19, so what. I got a double doctorate from M.I.T. at 22, chemistry and geology. I taught at Princeton for two and a half years. Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives, OK?

hehe, make explosives out of it...no! and thanx for that info Phreex, i have allready placed an order. i do have one more question tho...and i think you will be able to help me... while i wait for the shit to arrive, i was wondering some stuff about psuedephedrine & ephedrine. first what is the diff? second what can i all do with them? besides popping them... i mean can i smoke the shit...and will it do anything...can i ject it? is it anything like its cousins(khat & methamph.)?

yeah kmno4+powdered sugar is some fun stuff right there...
*boom*
just kidding, don't really do that.