• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom ban possible…

Well don’t forget kratom is illegal in six states now, they are essentially just building momentum
The momentum has actually been (at least in the US) what kept it legal and even has an association tied to it (AKA). That is a lot of momentum. I have always said that is what kept winning. Do not underestimate momentum. The momentum got the DEA to back off which was unprecedented. In sports the team with the most momentum wins. Hell they even have cheerleaders to help with that momentum.

I have been listening since 2005 people that would say it is inevitable but I am glad I kept postive. I wonder what the last natural substance the WHO banned? Might have to research. Usually they are synthetic.

The momentum has actually been (at least in the US) what kept it legal and even has an association tied to it (AKA). That is a lot of momentum. I have always said that is what kept winning. Do not underestimate momentum. The momentum got the DEA to back off which was unprecedented. In sports the team with the most momentum wins. Hell they even have cheerleaders to help with that momentum.

I have been listening since 2005 people that would say it is inevitable but I am glad I kept postive. I wonder what the last natural substance the WHO banned? Might have to research. Usually they are synthetic.
But the more they try to ban it the more things they can reference, and the more states that ban it the more people that were fighting for it will lose interest as it’s not available to them, they are working towards something, I hope your right tho and I will support kratom till the end as it is clearly better than heroin and debatably better than subs and methadone

Yeah we are all working towards something. Reminds me of the Bob Dylan tune, it may be the devil or it may be the lord but your gonna have to serve somebody. :D

Keeping codeine OTC in Australia was a battle fought (and eventually lost) by the pharmacists, pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies supplying it - not to mention the people who relied on it's availability.

All it took was a few front page stories about some assholes who 'didn't know' that taking 120 ibuprofen-containing codeine tablets purchased from six different pharmacies each day was going to cause them difficulties in the long run.

Keeping codeine OTC in Australia was a battle fought (and eventually lost) by the pharmacists, pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies supplying it - not to mention the people who relied on it's availability.

All it took was a few front page stories about some assholes who 'didn't know' that taking 120 ibuprofen tablets purchased from six different pharmacies each day was going to cause them difficulties in the long run.
Did the ban on otc codeine have an effect on the price of prescriptions ? Sometimes things arnt what they seem

Fucking politics and DEA!!

Always ruining the good things. Although it did not work for me at all but there are thousands who take it for its therapeutic effects.

Not gonna lie, I will personally be better off with it not being around. I definately find its availability makes it way more easy to relapse seeing it at bodegas and shit. Sometimes the relapses lead me back to seeds which were my original black beast.

I understand how helpful it is to some, so I do think it is a net positive, but it's definately double sided.

Personally, while im sort of in the same boat, im better off without it, but i think it does substantial good for some where it should remain legal. Its a relatively safe and effective traditional opioid alternative. It should be legal.

The DEA is trying to secure the existence of their agency rather than try to enhance public safety.

damn i just quit kratom but thats horrible. why would they ban it while everyone is dying of fent like this? they really just dont want people to have a safe opiate do they? i did kratom daily for years and banning that is so fucking stupid its nothing compared to alcohol its harmless and its too gross to really do damage.

damn i just quit kratom but thats horrible. why would they ban it while everyone is dying of fent like this? they really just dont want people to have a safe opiate do they? i did kratom daily for years and banning that is so fucking stupid its nothing compared to alcohol its harmless and its too gross to really do damage.
The short answer, money…that seems to be the motivation for a lot of thing..notice how when they realized they could tax weed and make a fuckton of money how quickly shit happened

The short answer, money…that seems to be the motivation for a lot of thing..notice how when they realized they could tax weed and make a fuckton of money how quickly shit happened
yeah they want 150 dollars for a gram cart for medical marijuana in my shitty state. holy shit. surely they can find a way to make money off opioids without having people from pressed fent pills

also guys theres an fda comment section you can find on the kratom reddit page to support their cause. i recommend everyone do that.

Last edited:
yeah they want 150 dollars for a gram cart for medical marijuana in my shitty state. holy shit. surely they can find a way to make money off opioids without having people from pressed fent pills

also guys theres an fda comment section you can find on the kratom reddit page to support their cause. i recommend everyone do that.
I think a lot of the money is in opioid Maintenance and everything around recovery these days…the pill mills were a real problem that everybody noticed so they had to do something, so now they can prescribe bupe tramadol benzos ect. Then add clinics they increased their profit bit time

Last edited:
I think a lot of the money is in opioid Maintenance and everything around recovery these days…
oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. i remember fentanyl became popular around here 10-20 years ago and everyone was getting patches somehow. eventually the whole place got flooded with suboxone and i had no fucking what was happening every single person i know was snorting and shooting suboxone. turns out all the junkies could go to a clinic closeby and show them track marks and start getting a prescription.

then they just go snorting it all day or shooting it up so they just went from street heroin to suboxone. its all a fucking mess this place has been flooded with subs for the last 10 years and theres entire areas here where people just nod off on suboxone all day. they know exactly what theyre doing with these pills now junkies are shooting up synthetic opioids and nalx in their arm and sadly thats the safest option.

oh yeah that makes a lot of sense. i remember fentanyl became popular around here 10-20 years ago and everyone was getting patches somehow. eventually the whole place got flooded with suboxone and i had no fucking what was happening every single person i know was snorting and shooting suboxone. turns out all the junkies could go to a clinic closeby and show them track marks and start getting a prescription.

then they just go snorting it all day or shooting it up so they just went from street heroin to suboxone. its all a fucking mess this place has been flooded with subs for the last 10 years and theres entire areas here where people just nod off on suboxone all day. they know exactly what theyre doing with these pills now junkies are shooting up synthetic opioids and nalx in their arm and sadly thats the safest option.
Yea man, it’s totally fucked, pretty much they can’t wipe out the black market but they can give you a socially acceptable opioid from them, then the relapse recovery cycle happens over and over, they making a killing