• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, I ordered Kratom for basically the reason to get back to how I was, all clean and in the right mind, healthy mind, college, just life staightened out again since I am done with this.

But I'm just curious, I've read that Kratom, even with opiate tolerences, gives some sort of high? Is it like a weak opiate or something? I've read the effects list, but I can't really base it off of that.. it says 'stimulant' too I believe sometimes, what does it mean by that.. how could something be similar to opiates, but a stimulant?

Thanks!

Considering the active ingredients are opioids, I would definitely classify the high as being like opiates. However, I have never done Kratom, I don't think it would be worth it with my tolerance.

My buddy ErgicMergic uses it frequently, I'm sure when he logs on he'll click on this thread, and there are others who have done it. I suggest you do your homework and read up on it before you try it, I mean, no offense but if you don't even know what the active ingredients are, you're not ready to try the drug yet. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but just know that while it may be considered "weak", that doesn't mean you can't take too much and overdose, opiates are opiates are opiates and they all carry similar risks, notably the CNS sedation, respiratory depression, etc.

Kratom is not going to get you high if you have an opiate tolerance. It is a mild stimulant, like a much nicer and cleaner caffeine. It is also a mild sedative especially in higher doses. It is pretty subtle if you have an opiate tolerance. If you are opiate naive it can feel similar to hydrocodone with a bit of energy. The thing is it can cause some pretty intense nausea and vomiting, especially in higher doses. Overall, it's pleasant but subtle. Definitely worth trying if you don't have much of an opiate tolerance or if you do it is great for withdrawals.. The extracts like UEI (Ultra Enhanced Indo) are much more refined and potent and are more comparable to an actual opiate. Hope that helps..

Considering the active ingredients are opioids, I would definitely classify the high as being like opiates. However, I have never done Kratom, I don't think it would be worth it with my tolerance.

My buddy ErgicMergic uses it frequently, I'm sure when he logs on he'll click on this thread, and there are others who have done it. I suggest you do your homework and read up on it before you try it, I mean, no offense but if you don't even know what the active ingredients are, you're not ready to try the drug yet. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but just know that while it may be considered "weak", that doesn't mean you can't take too much and overdose, opiates are opiates are opiates and they all carry similar risks, notably the CNS sedation, respiratory depression, etc.

You do not need to worry about overdosing on kratom as there have been no reported overdose deaths. The worst that can happen is you get really nauseated and throw up a bunch. It is not an opiate or opiod although it does affect the mu-opiod receptors..

"Kratom contains many alkaloids including mitragynine (once thought to be the primary active constituent), mitraphylline, and 7-hydroxymitragynine (which is currently the most likely candidate for the primary active chemical in the plant).[1] Although 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine are structurally related to yohimbine and other tryptamines, their pharmacology is quite different, acting primarily as mu-opioid receptor agonists. Other active chemicals in kratom include raubasine (best known from Rauwolfia serpentina) and some yohimbe alkaloids such as corynantheidine.[2]" - Wikipedia

^That just shows how little I know about Kratom, I love bluelight because I learn something new everyday :) I called it an opioid because it's effects are, as you quoted from wikipedia, caused by mu-opioid agonism. Why is it not classified as an opioid if it's primary effects are from mu-opioid agonism??? That's what I don't understand.

However, you definitely do need to worry overdose when combined with other CNS depressants like alcohol, other opioids, or benzodiazepines, etc. I suggest the OP checkout erowid and read the experience vault.

Last edited:
The primary effects include simultaneous stimulation and sedation, sedation being more pronounced at higher doses. The reason I said you don't need to worry about overdosing is because it doesn't cause much CNS depression like true opiates/opiods. It may lower blood pressure and heart rate slightly. So, if you have a very low tolerance and mix it with a bunch of other CNS depressants, you may run into trouble but just by itself or even combined with a reasonable dose of another CNS depressant you shouldn't be in too much danger. That said, always take caution with new substances or when mixing anything..

I started taking kratom and within a few months, I had moved onto to heroin. Heroin is way better. The stimulating effects of kratom are just like you added some caffeine or something into an opiate high. Even sedating opiates like heroin can be somewhat stimulating in the sense that they can keep you awake (especially new users) and they make you feel good so you become more talkative and active sometimes. Kratom is like that also, only the stimulation is more pronounced.

Tri - it wouldn't be classified as an OPIATE because it isn't an alkaloid from papaver somniferum plants. Whether it is an opioid is matter of definition... some classify only opiates and semi- or fully-synethetic opioid agonists as opioids likely because it was assumed that there were not other plants outside of poppies that produced alkaloids that agonized opioids. Other definitions of opioids include all opioid agonists and by those kratom would be classified as one.

Kratom is not actually an opiate and it has a whole bunch of different alkaloids in it. People get confused because some of the alkaloids affect mu-opioid receptors, but it is not an opiate. It also has stimulent properties as it contains yohimbe-like alkaloids. The "high" really varies from person to person and depends on the variety of kratom as well as the quality. Personally with my opioid tolerance I don't feel anything pleasant from kratom at all. But if you are using it to help stop taking other drugs it might be helpful, it is for some people, especially if they have a relatively small habit.

ETA: As said above, whether or not kratom is classified as an opioid really depends on how you define opioid. As to how it's possible for something with opioid properties to also have stimulating properties, there is no restriction that a plant have only one active compound or affect only one area of the brain.

Tri - it wouldn't be classified as an OPIATE because it isn't an alkaloid from papaver somniferum plants. Whether it is an opioid is matter of definition... some classify only opiates and semi- or fully-synethetic opioid agonists as opioids likely because it was assumed that there were not other plants outside of poppies that produced alkaloids that agonized opioids. Other definitions of opioids include all opioid agonists and by those kratom would be classified as one.

Thanks bud, yeah I haven't reviewed my post (urgh, I just did and I said opiate), I don't think I called it an opiate , but I definitely classified it as an opioid due to the last part of your sentence, I definitely would classify an opioid agonist as an opioid.

Thanks man.

Some of the kratom alkaloids definitely have opioid effects. Not all of them, though... I have heard certain 'strains' of kratom recommended but have only ever tried one, and I would most definitely say it was an opioid indeed, with comparatively mild stimulation. Some people seem more sensitive to the stimulatory component. I would compare the experience of the Thai strain I have tried to a lower dose oxycodone experience with overtones of caffeine stimulation.

To be totally honest I see lots of people interchange 'opiate'/'opioid' on this board to suimply mean 'compounds with agonist activity at mu or delta opioid receptor'.

If you have a large opioid tolerance there is little point in talking kratom other than to ward off withdrawal, I think you would get sick/wigged-out from the adrenergic stimulation before you caught a good buzz.

ive used opiates for years. and honestly i found kratom to be quite a suprise. i was very skeptical at first. thought it was bullshit and such. but a friend of mine ordered some and i tried it and seriously it did feel like opiates. but it depends on what site and what type of kratom you get. ive known alot of people that got shitty kratom then tried the stuff i had and was really impressed just as much as i was. the site i get it from has been really good.

ive used opiates for years. and honestly i found kratom to be quite a suprise. i was very skeptical at first. thought it was bullshit and such. but a friend of mine ordered some and i tried it and seriously it did feel like opiates. but it depends on what site and what type of kratom you get. ive known alot of people that got shitty kratom then tried the stuff i had and was really impressed just as much as i was. the site i get it from has been really good.

Yeah thats the thing that sucks about this website, and almost every website.. you can't put sources or websites in so people can't say what website has actual GOOD stuff and what websites are BAD... so you don't know and it could be a hit or a miss basically.

But thanks for all the posts guys, I have a high opiate tolerence, but I am not ordering it to get high and keep getting high off of it like someone said they took this then went to heroin... im not looking to do something like that. Im looking to just get off of everything because when i stop I just get a bunch of bad mental and physical withdrawal, more mental that subside after aw hile, but I just wanted something that would help give me that little bit of boost to get me into the groove of things , so I ordered this.

So the high is more of a bonus I guess, I am mainly just taking it for the withdrawal use for it.

BTW I ordered "Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da Thai Kratom."

What is the best way to prepare Kratom? I haven't receieved it yet tho

Yeah thats the thing that sucks about this website, and almost every website.. you can't put sources or websites in so people can't say what website has actual GOOD stuff and what websites are BAD... so you don't know and it could be a hit or a miss basically.

But thanks for all the posts guys, I have a high opiate tolerence, but I am not ordering it to get high and keep getting high off of it like someone said they took this then went to heroin... im not looking to do something like that. Im looking to just get off of everything because when i stop I just get a bunch of bad mental and physical withdrawal, more mental that subside after aw hile, but I just wanted something that would help give me that little bit of boost to get me into the groove of things , so I ordered this.

So the high is more of a bonus I guess, I am mainly just taking it for the withdrawal use for it.

BTW I ordered "Ultra Enhanced Maeng Da Thai Kratom."

What is the best way to prepare Kratom? I haven't receieved it yet tho

best way to prepare it is to get some capsules. if the site offers it. and good choice on the thai kratom. i have always found that works the best, and not only did it take care of w/ds. it helps insanely with my back pain too.
but if you cant get capsules when i used to do was just mix it in some tea/water/juice whatever kind of drink you want really. only irritating thing is always having to scrape the sides of the cup to get all the powder in the cup. but it works!! lol

best way to prepare it is to get some capsules. if the site offers it. and good choice on the thai kratom. i have always found that works the best, and not only did it take care of w/ds. it helps insanely with my back pain too.
but if you cant get capsules when i used to do was just mix it in some tea/water/juice whatever kind of drink you want really. only irritating thing is always having to scrape the sides of the cup to get all the powder in the cup. but it works!! lol

I remember reading a few times that the capsule wasn't the best way to get the most out of it, or atleast i thought I read that, than other ways of preparing it.. does anyone else have input on this?

I remember reading a few times that the capsule wasn't the best way to get the most out of it, or atleast i thought I read that, than other ways of preparing it.. does anyone else have input on this?

I think it's just that the capsule doesn't have the quickest absorption because the capsule has to dissolve first and then the plant matter be digested. There are all sorts of ways to take kratom, I'm sure they're listed in the kratom megathread. Evryone seems to have a favourite method. It depends how much effort you want to put into the preparation and whether you want to make a tea or extraction or just do something easy and quick. Eating it, putting it in capsules, or mixing it in food or drink are the most convenient methods and the easiest way to judge your dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just took 10 I tried 5 like 12 hours ago but didn't feel much I read that it lasts about 6 hours so this dose should be ok as long as it doesn't cause dangerous interactions with alcohol like regular opiods. I've almost killed myself mixing h and vodka a few times

Would taking morphine like a week ago affect this at all, or combining with alcohol

As has already been mentioned, combining Kratom and alcohol may make one more likely to become sick to their stomach. I've also noticed an increase in signs of dehydration when combining the two. Maybe just take the Kratom by itself until your more accustom to the effects before trying to mix it with alcohol.

Others may not agree, but I notice that I don't desire alcohol as much while on Kratom. It almost doesn't taste good on Kratom either. It reminds me of the way it was when I was on Suboxone. It's been mentioned by many that alcohol becomes less desirable while on Suboxone... And Kratom has this same effect on me only to a lesser degree. If I ignore it and drink anyways then it mixes fine. I just sometimes wake up the next morning with a headache from what feels like dehydration.

As long as you are using plain leaf and not extracts like UEI kratom has very little CNS depression as long as you don't over do it.