• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Kratom strain types?

How different are these strains for you (origin, and color)? Do you feel real differences or is it primarily about potency?

Anybody extracted Kratom? There's a vid on YouTube which descripts a quite difficult extraction process which requires some lab utilities and chemistry knowledge,

Try 2 heaping tablespoons of red Bali blended in a 1/2 glass of chocolate milk,it’s effects are felt within minutes,that’s for first thing in the morning ,plan to do it again 4-6 hrs later depending on how your feeling ,three doses through out the day should help ,I pop a few hydroxyzine also…it works for oxy so it should work for H

How different are these strains for you (origin, and color)? Do you feel real differences or is it primarily about potency?

Anybody extracted Kratom? There's a vid on YouTube which descripts a quite difficult extraction process which requires some lab utilities and chemistry knowledge,
Red and green are more sedating and ime more powerful.

White vein's an Thailand's Maeng Da, should be more stimulating but that is not my experience. I thought they sucked compared with Red vein Borneo and Green Malay, my favorit's.

Has anybody tried rectal administration of a water extract of Kratom? Like to test the rush if it’s any good…

they all have relatively similar amounts of mitragynine and opioid power
This is pretty much how I feel about the herb.
There may be subtle differences in "feelings" between the colors/mixes but regarding ability to aide in WDs they all aren't too far off in efficacy.
Anybody extracted Kratom?
Thought about it but just seems too much for too little, ya know?

There are definitely a nuanced differences I can appreciate between all the strains, but it's not major variance. The only real difference I can notice is some strains have more of the lesser stimulating alkaloids.

O.P.M.S. brand actually tests for the amount of mitragynine and 7-OH in all their strains and lists it on the back of the package.

I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head but each strain has essentially the same amount of both alkaloids +-10-15%, all similar potency. Meang Da has the highest iirc

Each strains lists the specific amount of alkaloids per gram as you can see here:

OPMS-maeng-da-60-count-b-800x800.jpg

Last edited:
Isopropyl alcohol is the best way to extract kratom from what Iv tried…it’s pretty simple too, soak filter evaporate, you should get a light tan powder that you can see little crystals in and is very potent

I prefer "Borneo Red". I used it for years and found I got the best and most reliable opioid effects from this strain.

I've tried just about every strain out there, and recently, I've had much better luck with Green Super than a red, white, or yellow. I use a single supplier who doesn't charge me (he's a kratom importer/wholesaler himself). I have access to essentially unlimited amounts of various "strains" and Green Super is the current winner. It's analgesic, slightly stimulating but sedating at about 3hrs post dose. Just my .02$.

FWIW I can easily tell the difference between a red and a green or white or yellow, but it's harder to distinguish between variants of the same color...

Also, any extract myself I've tried has been a waste compared to a simple toss and wash. I'm looking for a TEK to extract everything but chlorophyll and the fibrous material, but I haven't found one that could be accomplished in my garage with a state trooper living across the street from me.

I used Kratom for over several months twice in my life, I used IT to ease heroin WD and I used IT when I quit my benzo addiction...

My favorite was red Borneo, but later on I also came to apreciate the White maeng da...

I had no problems at all in quitting my use of Kratom afterwards...

I used Kratom for over several months twice in my life, I used IT to ease heroin WD and I used IT when I quit my benzo addiction...
Interesting, never heard about Kratom use for benzo withdrawal but given that I found it to be cross tolerant with pregabalin it sounds suitable.

I have 20+ years experience using prescribed and illicit drugs. Nothing helped my depression until I tried heroin (and other various equal in strength opioids).

Hell, I was put on vraylar recently back in October. I'm still having eyelid twitching from that experience months later.

Maybe SSRIs/Antipsychotics work for some people but they've only made me worse.
And the frustration I feel knowing there's something out there that helps, but is "illegal" is enormous.

Not to mention most antidepressants also cause physical dependence, movement disorders & can make people more suicidal & I can't see how this is a "better" alternative.

Heroin certainly has it's risks however, but most of these risks are due to the fact that it's illegal.

Interesting, never heard about Kratom use for benzo withdrawal but given that I found it to be cross tolerant with pregabalin it sounds suitable.
Im not really sure to what extent IT can actually help with the WD but IT calmed me down enough to be able to sleep without Any benzo...

This matches my own experience with Kratom.

Red Borneo, there is no Kratom grown on Bali. Just a marketing name. Was my main go to: its more sedative then the white variety. And green Malay on a close second position, or a combo of the two.

Maeng Da was imo a big disappointment. Never bought it again. like the white vein types. But I never tried white vain Thai. And never for WD's.
Once purchased Red Thai.Maan it was awful.Nothing compared to Red Borneo or Green Malay,which were my prefered option.This Red Thai just gave me some very unpleasant jittery feeling.Total dissapointment.Tried also some white varieties-didn't impress me at all.