• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Tincture Dosage Question

Snozberry

Greenlighter
I just ordered a full spectrum kratom tincture (2ml) from a very reputable online vendor and have a question. How many droplets should I start out with for a good dose? I'm a fatass (300lbs), and I attribute that to my seemingly naturally high tolerance for most psychotropics... don't know if it will be the same for the tincture though. Also, my opioid (including kratom) tolerance is at zero.

Thanks so much.

There's wild variance between different types of tinctures/extracts so unless you told us more information about the product (which would likely not be allowed because it would give the vendor away), there's no way we could answer this.

Just start low and work your way up.

This will probably be closed but we'll see if it generates any worthwhile discussion first and if so, probably merge it into the kratom mega thread.

well i would suggest trying whole leaf first but if you have your handy dandy tincture, take a look at the mg alkaloid content. The main ingredient will be mitragynine. You will be lucky if yours contains 7-hydroxy etc. Dose a couple drops, wait and go according to how you feel...thats your best bet

the whole 2ml tincture's alkaloids *should* be equal to around what 150-200g of standard commercial kratom powder would have(conclusion made with a little searching and educated guessing)

I would start with 10-20g powder equivalent. Not in the mood to do math right now :\ sorry.. but im sure you can figure it out.

like posted above, the label will help you figure the dose out.

I always preferred the liquid tincture. I mainly use a Kratom/Kava 1:1 Nectar and with that I typically use up to 10-25 ml. At 5 ml, I could definitely notice effects when my tolerance was at zero. The 5x Kratom extract is much more powerful, with no tolerance I've gotten good effects from 2-3 ml, and now typically use 7 - 15 ml, at 20+ ml the effects become undesirable.

I'd imagine it safe for you to start at the lower end of my spectrum after an allergy test and work your way up. A ml of 1:1 extract is supposed to be equivalent to .3-.4g of dried leaf. However, the range of kratom extracts on the market is anywhere from bunk to overly potent, so be careful and don't be disappointed if the effects are less than what you expect.

The rise of kratom capsules on the market is great for first timers and those new to kratom as well. Makes measuring out doses much easier, and a kap-n-seal and powdered kratom are both far more inexpensive than continually purchasing liquid extracts.

Ok, so my personal experience in the past few months with the full alkaloid tincture have been nothing less than astonishing. Look, on average you should get around 30-40 drops per ml just to let you know. Um, honestly since you are opiate nieve, I would start with 10 drops at first because this is the most potent form of kratom on the market. I have a rather large tolerance and could easily take 2ml in two doses throughout the day and be fine. YOU need to start at no more than 10 drops and then work your way up from there. I have never taken it alone though, I would always consume atleast a gram or two of powdered leaf with it which may have not had little to no effect. You CAN overdose on 2ml of this stuff with no tolerance so I can't stress starting small enough. Please report back :)

As others have said, potency and "potency" (advertised potency) varies a lot from vendor to vendor and probably from batch to batch even if you're always using the same vendor. The nice thing about tincture is you can do it drop by drop. I use a 80x "full spectrum" tincture, although I'm not convinced its full spectrum or even "80x" but I measure it by the drop and just do that until I'm where I want to be.

Kratom is pretty hard to dose because it varies a lot from plant to plant and from vendor to vendor, so it is always best to start low and move your way up from there. Very high doses of kratom can cause nausea on some people, so if you start to feel sick to your stomach...you probably took too much.

Hey, thanks to all who posted. I really appreciate all the advice.

Anyway, my tincture came in today, and I must say that a fairly tiny amount of this liquid packs a Mike Tyson circa 1988 level punch. I was told by a very experienced user of this brand of tincture to start with 15-20 drops, and so of course I went with 20. I took it with close to 6ml of St. John's Wort as I usually have done with other opiates to quicken the onset and increase the duration of the high. Whether or not the SJW had any positive effect on this particular opioid I can't say. I can say, however, that within 45 minutes after dosing I was nodding heavily and felt fantastic.

This was not like any kratom high I had ever experienced. It was way, way, way more intense and lasted far longer. Needless to say I loved it and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a legal alternative to heavy opiates. Just make sure you buy from the right vendor.

Thanks

Remember, there is absolutely NO source/vendor discussion allowed on here, wether it be for a legal, or illegal substance. I unapproved the post(s) mentioning/asking about vendors.

I apologize for the vender reference, I was under the impression that I could not name them or give their site away. But they sent me another 3mL tincture for free.