• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom, twice a week in moderate dosage is fantastic

Mureceptor

Bluelighter
I was using for pain 3-4 times a week, but reading this forum resulted in me cutting down to twice a week. I use about 10 grams (I am a 220 lb 60 year old bodybuilder) twice a week and there really is no downside. So that is a total of 20 grams per week. Yes, I would like to use it more often (I train 5 days a week and am in pain about 4-5 days a week) but limiting use to twice a week is nothing but good and I don't think I will ever get addicted.

Just putting that out there, and I have been using it for about a year and a half. I don't really feel high, just really good and pain free. It really is a wonder drug if you are disciplined.

I also like Kratom very much. I usually take doses between 2-7g. At low dosages it’s kind of a true antidepressant and I need 5g for a full opioid high. At 7g I even managed to nod from it which was very nice. I took it once daily for around 5 month a didn’t noticed much of tolerance buildup and when I stopped one day from the other I didn’t had any withdrawals.

yeah, once or twice a week is ideal
in my case I use it for a chronic disease so it's quite different,
but.. I'm thinking about stop using it even if it's generally beneficial,
I think I will benefit much more using it 2-3 times a week, in low-medium doses 3-5 grams better than using 8-12 gpd as I do know,
now I'm tapering, around 6 to 3gpd and then jumping off, in a week, my withdrawals exist but are pretty manageable, I have a shit-ton of herbs and supplements so I take a lot of care of myself.

I like to get about 12 grams in...on thing, it can keep me up if I take it too late. Might have some tomorrow.

It's great until you have to go down to 0 times per week. That's how addiction works. 2 times a week on an opioid agonist you're dependent, which is great as long as you don't run out.

It's true that is better not to get dependent on it, if you don't want to risk yourself into that is better not to take it weekly..
but not because of physical dependence, I don't think that serious physical dependence can set with bi-weekly use. At least not enough to be a problem.
Everyday or every other day specially dosing several times per day is what makes you dependent.
The problem is that once you get into bi-weekly use you would use all types of excuses to use it every other day and eventually every day.

I took kratom daily for around 6 month because i couldnt get something else. No Problem with daily tasks or anything Else. I stopped one day from the other without problems and all in all it was a nice time. A Bit boring but ok. I dosed once a day and 5g was enough. But im a lightweight when it comes to opioids.

I took kratom daily for around 6 month because i couldnt get something else. No Problem with daily tasks or anything Else. I stopped one day from the other without problems and all in all it was a nice time. A Bit boring but ok. I dosed once a day and 5g was enough. But im a lightweight when it comes to opioids.
I never used opioids besides kratom.. not even tramadol or o-dmst. Your case is also "typical" because with kratom there's millions of different cases, from people who use it and don't like it to people who use it recreationally sporadically with high doses to people who self-medicate to treat a chronic disease to people that get addicted using +50gpd...
it's has a lot of "layers" and "patterns"
My research tells me that most (not all) people who get seriously addicted to it are poli-drug users (addictive personality) or had prior problems with opioids.
By the way, I used 3.5 g today, gonna use 1.5 more with 1.5 javanica (jump during next week), I'm feeling "well" but I have diabetes type 1 and got horrible high numbers today, if I use more kratom those numbers are better so when I taper or WDaw I need to be very careful not to get high blood sugar which feels awful (worse than WDaw honestly).

Last edited:
I've used +12gpd, maybe 15 some specific days, it's just not worth it. You get all the sedating effects and brain fog and none of the real benefits (besides perhaps pain relieve?). You get that "I don't give a damn" feeling that I got with weed and that's what made me quit weed in the first place...
I cannot imagine how people end up taking +20 without feeling like shit, let alone +100. As I said before, probably prior full agonists opioid tolerance

I was using for pain 3-4 times a week, but reading this forum resulted in me cutting down to twice a week. I use about 10 grams (I am a 220 lb 60 year old bodybuilder) twice a week and there really is no downside. So that is a total of 20 grams per week. Yes, I would like to use it more often (I train 5 days a week and am in pain about 4-5 days a week) but limiting use to twice a week is nothing but good and I don't think I will ever get addicted.

Just putting that out there, and I have been using it for about a year and a half. I don't really feel high, just really good and pain free. It really is a wonder drug if you are disciplined.
Ive been thinking about going back to a gym. Im 60 and my question is would it be relatively easy to put on muscle at my age? Figured I'd ask you since you are a bodybuilder and the same age as me.

Ive been thinking about going back to a gym. Im 60 and my question is would it be relatively easy to put on muscle at my age? Figured I'd ask you since you are a bodybuilder and the same age as me.
No, it is hard to put on muscle. I have been training for 43 years and at this point, even with HRT it is a matter or preserving what I have. You might put on 4-5 lbs if you have not trained. Having said that, weight training is extremely healthy for the older person, especially in terms of bone density.

No, it is hard to put on muscle. I have been training for 43 years and at this point, even with HRT it is a matter or preserving what I have. You might put on 4-5 lbs if you have not trained. Having said that, weight training is extremely healthy for the older person, especially in terms of bone density.
Thanks for that. Mainly, I want to get my cardio back in shape. My brother died last year suddenly of arteriosclerosis at 63 so now I'm paranoid about that.

It sounds like you are addicted. Not physically but psychologically.

I once saved up an enormous amount of 10mg methadone tablets while quitting methadone. I tapered off without ever telling them but since i was getting takehomes and my dose was extremely high I saved up thousands of pills.

Years later I decided to take a recreational dose of methadone once every 10 days. My logic was that this would prevent any chance of physical addiction.

And it did. Except the problem was, I was counting down the days between doses, thinking about it nonstop. On the night of day 9, the night before my next dose, i felt like a kid on the night before Christmas, could barely sleep because I was looking forward to it so much. Here I was, thinking I found a clever work around, but I didn't.

I was addicted. Just not physically.

That would make it way too hard to shit.

Shitting matters.
Kratomnnever made it hard for me to shit, even when physically dependent and dosing round-the-clock. Very solid stool from all the fiber, but no constipation.