• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc lets hear your best ways to de-clog your rig

That's kind of easier said than done in a lot of places in the States. We may not be in the Medieval times, but tell that to our government.

I may be wrong but any rite aid or Walgreens you can buy syringes , with ID of course , in new York and Texas they allow it.....put a lighter to the needle tip if clogged that helps majority of time burn off. What's causing blockage

Wow, I feel bad for everyone who has lost their dope or messed up their rig (s). Okay this doesn't happen a lot to me but it happened probably about a handful of times and I have never lost my dope or messed up a rig trying to get a clock out I'm going to let you in on a little secret you can thank me later okay.
1.) Take the plunger out and have like a little container handy.
2.) Tap the rig gently on the container.. also make sure the rig is slanted so the air bubble will move things right along.
3.) After all your stuff is out of the rig, take your needle and get the clot out so as to not suck it back up.
4.) Take hydrogen peroxide and put 3-6 drops down in the rig, plunger also, turn rig up to where plunger is to ground needle is to the roof. Tap the side of the rig until the hydrogen peroxide has moved down enough so you can move your plunger up. Keep repeating the tab in motion and moving the plunger up until you have the hydrogen peroxide sitting directly on the needle.
5.) I usually pump the plunger 2-3 times then press hydrogen peroxide tightly to the needle and white 30 seconds.
6.) And your done. Push the plunger all the way down and there goes your clot...
7.) Take warm or hot water rinse out your rig like you would normally do get your stuff together and have add it!!

Fastest, easiest, safest way to clean your rig and to keep it in one piece.. yall are welcome. Share this information with your friends or acquaintances that way no one ever has to have a rough day because they have a clot in their rig.

I try heating the tip first, then trying to pull up extremely hot water. Sometimes that will melt bits of pill wax or otherwise dislodge whatever is causing the problem.

Yeah, then throw it against the wall haha

Wow.. don't heat it.. or throw it against the wall.. just use hydrogen peroxide.. works within 30 sec and its easly removed from your rig.. you'll be ready to do you in less than 5 minutes guaranteed... happy shooting..

How long are you guys trying to register in order for your blood to clog up the rig??? I've had to try and register for at least 2 hours one time and the rig had a good ammount of blood in it and it never clogged or clotted on me and stayed liquid and I finally managed to hit and was fine..matter of fact my rigs have never clogged like that, wonder why? Do some peoples blood not clot at all or just not as fast?

I have had mine clot within 1-2 min of even having it in my arm.. some people have higher stuff in the blood that makes it clot ( I want to say it's called hemoglobin) somes is lower.so they bleed free and easy better.. . also if your dehydrated it clots fast.. but if you ever dind yourself with a clogged rig dont waist it.. dump contents in a little container take your needlepoint and get your clot out do whatever you want with that I'm not telling you to do anything most people just eat them to each his own but after you do that take hydrogen peroxide 4 or 5 drops put it down in your rig push your plunger make sure it's really tight where the hydrogen peroxide is like when the needle within 30 seconds you will have a practically brand new rig without having to throw it against the wall or burn your tip and then you get your cotton You refilter your stuff and you go to freakin Happy Town

Last edited:
As I posted in the IV Complications Mega Thread, I once tried to clean clotted blood out of an insulin syringe.

It truly is a better idea to buy new ones.

However, like Georgie made a note of, it wouldn't pull water into it, and the plunger would snap back due to the pressure and lack of anything coming in.

So, I back-loaded isopropanol and tried pushing the plunger in. It was impossible with a full barrel of isopropanol, so I tried with 5 units (it was a 1/2 CC syringe). I put so much pressure on the plunger hoping to clean out the syringe, that the needle and the tip holding the needle flew off! It ricochet off the wall a few times.

I still haven't found it either...

So, if your needle is clogged, really, just get a new one. There's no need in potentially launching a needle into the air, only to end up who know's where.

This could have very easily ended up much worse than it did, so if you are going to try to unclog a rig, do it by yourself, and please wear some protective eye covering (lab goggles would be a big plus if you're determined on doing this).

But, as other people have said, buying a new 10-pack is the way to go.

I don't feel the best thing is to get a new one if it's clogged slip the plunger out Tap your stuff in a container put 4 to 5 drops of hydrogen peroxide in your rig put the plunger back in hold the plunger tight for about 30 seconds to a minute run thr plunger back and forth a few timed push plunger all the way in it'll be clear rinse with warm or hot water refill through your stuff and have at it hope this helps

Good Afternoon All,

I wish to politely add my thoughts on this subject - even though (once again) I'm late to the party.
With all due respect to participants... I have just about had it up to the bloody back teeth with people who reply with: Just get new hypo's.
Heavens to Betsy, man. It's driving me up the wall. What is SO difficult to understand about some users INABILITY, for whatever reasons, to access new clean needles? The inability is the precise and specific reason why one posts about unblocking a flipping hypodermic. I mean, really. If one had access to new needles then, job done. Perhaps it's unintentional BUT those who reiterate the Harm Reduction mantra regarding new needles, simply come across as incredibly smug. I'm SO irritated because if one stands back to look at the thread concerned then, Christ on a bike, it recurs regular as clockwork. Right. Now that's out my system: I'd like to sincerely thank all those who've posted helpful, practical information.

You can buy 100 30x13mm needles for 3.90 pounds at this HR supply site.

Please, these things are single use only.

Besides microorganisms and clots forming, and a general lack of autoclaves for your kitchen counter, those tiny gauge needles get blunt and damaged from the very first use.

Correct, they are incredibly cheap, and most of those sites will ship just about anywhere and it's discreet. There isn't a reason to be reusing/sharing needles.

You shouldn't be re-using needles, and the best option if one becomes clogged is to throw it away. But if your drugs are already inside and you need to get them out then here's some advice.

IME things like isopropyl never work, probably due to physical properties like viscosity or molecular arrangement. What actually works is to run it under really hot water, as you apply pressure to the plunger. You may have to keep it under for up to a minute or more, but it works nearly every time.

I wish to politely add my thoughts on this subject - even though (once again) I'm late to the party.
With all due respect to participants... I have just about had it up to the bloody back teeth with people who reply with: Just get new hypo's.
Heavens to Betsy, man. It's driving me up the wall. What is SO difficult to understand about some users INABILITY, for whatever reasons, to access new clean needles? The inability is the precise and specific reason why one posts about unblocking a flipping hypodermic. I mean, really. If one had access to new needles then, job done. Perhaps it's unintentional BUT those who reiterate the Harm Reduction mantra regarding new needles, simply come across as incredibly smug. I'm SO irritated because if one stands back to look at the thread concerned then, Christ on a bike, it recurs regular as clockwork. Right. Now that's out my system: I'd like to sincerely thank all those who've posted helpful, practical information.

Are you really surprised? This is a harm reduction forum, that is its sole mission. Freely giving advice on how to unclog/reuse needles would be the same as condoning it, and would normalize such behavior, the exact opposite of what we are trying to do here. The general consensus is, and should be, that if you are unable to obtain fresh, clean needles; then you are unable to IV drugs.

Last edited:
Poor out anything thats in the needle, than use hydrogen peroxide to pour into the needle. shake it around and wallah! Magic.
Haha. You ever notice that when you use peroxide on a cut it fizzes up? Well same concept. It eats away at the blood cell and destroys it!
So MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN YOUR RIG OUT VERY VERY THOROUGHLY BEFORE INJECTING ANYTHING!
A few rinses with water should be fine.

Poor out anything thats in the needle, than use hydrogen peroxide to pour into the needle. shake it around and wallah! Magic.
Haha. You ever notice that when you use peroxide on a cut it fizzes up? Well same concept. It eats away at the blood cell and destroys it!
So MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN YOUR RIG OUT VERY VERY THOROUGHLY BEFORE INJECTING ANYTHING!
A few rinses with water should be fine.
Take a charging cord for a cellphone and cut a piece of it about 2 inches long, strip it and get a single strand of the wire.
Remove the plunger from the syringe and feed the wire into the hole on the tip of the needle. Spinning the wire slightly will help in scraping at the blockage.
After making it through and you can see the wire all the way into the tube, it's time for some hot water.
Leaving the wire through the needle, hold the syringe under water to get about 1/4 of the tube worth and then put your finger over the open end and shake a few times, remove your finger and shake the water out to get the small particles that created the blockage out. Repeat a couple times.
Now remove the wire, take the plunger and use it in your ear like a q-tip (this is to lubricate the plunger for smooth action), insert the plunger back into the syringe, and enjoy