Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Lion's Mane, Nerve Growth Factor, & MDMA

cryptix420

Bluelighter
What's up BLers? New site looks pretty sleek gotta say :D

Anyway, just had something I wanted to discuss with you all here. I've been taking Lion's Mane mushroom for a couple weeks now & I'm feeling great. I feel like my memory is much more sharp & it's also completely gotten rid of my cold sores. I also think I have a much better ability to maintain emotional stability throughout the day. I think the most notable effect however is my [self diagnosed] ADHD seems much more under control. Instead of getting distracted by everything that pops into my head and trying to do 10 things at once, I can just focus on one thing at a time & get it done.

I was curious if anyone here has experience with taking this mushroom in combination with MDMA. It's supposed to stimulate the release of NGF (nerve growth factor) which, if I understand correctly, encourages neurons/axons to grow.

Now I know one of the main problems with using MDMA is the loss of axons, or downregulation or whatever you wanna call it, but I wonder if this could counter those effects, or even enhance a roll. I mean I'm all about enhancing your roll know what I mean :D

I think my theory could not be far off as I even feel a subtle difference with alcohol/cannabis. It's hard to explain though...kind of like I have more brain to be drunk & high on without being subdued by the substances.

Peace dudes

Quite interesting :) - not something I've heard about before but heres a good link incase anyone else wants to have a read about it.

Sounds like a natural piracetam kind of thing?

^Click the link that I left - gives a lot of information on the subject :)

Quite interesting :) - not something I've heard about before but heres a good link incase anyone else wants to have a read about it.

Sounds like a natural piracetam kind of thing?

Yeah I'd say that's a good analogy. I've tried it as a hangover prevention with alcohol and it works incredibly everytime. I can drink horribly large amounts of alcohol without so much as a headache the next day. The cool thing also is it works wonders for your whole digestive tract, something that seems to present problems for many MDMA users.

I'd like more people to read this as it truly is an amazing harm reduction fungus.

I take lions mane powder on and off, but it has very obvious effects for me the build over consecutive use. It feels like my brain is full of energy and wellbeing. It grants me extreme 3d perception and spatial awareness, crisper hearing/vision, and clearer thinking.

I enjoy the enhanced 3d perception a lot

^ consider yourself lucky. I have amblyopia and as such cannot see in 3D at all. Oh well!

I can definately see where it gets it name from Lol
Yet the most exciting discovery about this mushroom is its ability to possibly heal nerve tissues.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Do you think this could be used to cure people who have over done MDMA. on condition they dont overdo it again?

* reads further and further.. *
and you can get seeds on ebay...
very interested

Last edited:
Hello,

I am currently taking lion's mane mushroom to try to reverse my depression. My depression was not caused by MDMA, but I believe MDMA made my depression much worse. My depression has not responded to numerous prescription drugs and supplements that I have tried. I have been taking lion's mane capsules for about a month. I started at 1 gram per day, increased to 2 grams per day after a few days, then increased to 4 grams per day for a few days, and I have been taking 6 grams per day for the last 2 weeks. I felt significant improvement in my sense of well-being for the first few weeks, although that feels like it is fading in and out a bit, and while I do feel better, I don't feel great.

There is little information online regarding the particular questions that I have. Does anyone know the answers to these questions?
1) How long does it take for the full depression reversing effects of lion's mange to kick in?
2) What is the maximum dose of lion's mane a person should reasonably take?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Norman

I take lions mane powder on and off, but it has very obvious effects for me the build over consecutive use. It feels like my brain is full of energy and wellbeing. It grants me extreme 3d perception and spatial awareness, crisper hearing/vision, and clearer thinking.

I enjoy the enhanced 3d perception a lot

I will second the 3d enhancement. Difficult to explain, but dramatic.

I do not believe there to be any negative interactions, this thread is speculating on whether it would actually help prevent MDMA-related damage which it seems likely to, if anything.

Another interesting one would be Semax spray as it seems to increase BDNF quite a bit.

Emoxypine is another Russian nootropic and heavy duty antioxidant that I could see being particularly useful

I do not believe there to be any negative interactions, this thread is speculating on whether it would actually help prevent MDMA-related damage which it seems likely to, if anything.

hope you're right!

This compound also seems to be the cure for schizophrenia, according to a few diagnosed people on schizophrenia.com

still wanna know if anyone's combined MDMA with Lion's Mane

My friend is experimenting with this. They typically do not have harsh MDMA related come-downs or hangovers but are still interested in using Lion's Mane to mitigate any mid-week emotional slumps. Not sure if this is the best route, given the support for other supplements such as ALA & ALCAR, but figured it's worthy of investigating on it's own.

Way to bring back a thread from 2011 fam. WAY TO GO. lol. However, the OP info is interesting. Mushrooms are amazing.

I tried this recently. I had a pretty intense reaction. Only took the Lion's Mane two days in a row, but I got quite agitated. Once the agitation wore off, however, I have had way more active dreams and creative thoughts. Going to try another brand and see if another brand is better. They were definitely not inactive.

Drugs trade your future health in exchange for a really good but short lived high.

you take drugs, and you suffer at a later date. The harder the drug, (usually) the better the high and the more you have to recover from it. If you don't recover enough and take too many drugs, you will begin to feel sub-human and like a drug feind.

Look at MDMA. you take it, feel like you are in heaven for a couple hours, then for a couple days to a week afterwards you just feel wiped out and fucked up.

If you want your drugs to hit harder, you have to improve your health. Take more drugs or trying to mix drugs is what fools do, or lazy people. Also trying to find secrets or hacks and shit like that is the wrong move too. The hard move, working out, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, having a constructive and strucutred routine, etc, that is the shit that really works. the things that doctors and people in the health industry tell you over and over.

If you are young, your health regenerates very quickly and its harder to notice the cause and effect (be wary of people who deny the cause and effect! usually they are young or have a lot of health and they just dont see it very well. Ask someone who has zero health or bad health, they will see it clear as day. Just hope they can express what they see fairly without being biased in negativity lol

Ever wondered why hippies love to eat well, workout, socialize, etc? Just my personal experience, but they want to recover from the drugs they did take and make their future trips better. Also if you look at the older hippies, many of them dont take drugs anymore at all, or if they do its like a couple times a year. They recognize the cause and effect and are not wanting to trade future health for a short term high anymore.

Just try to see if you can notice the trend. The more you abstain from drugs, and the more you improve your health, the better your high will be when you indulge in a drug.

If you are constantly hitting every drug you can, you'll reach a point where none of them seem to work. It's because all your health has been expended and you're not doing anything to replenish the health stores. More drugs will just fuck you up even more at that point.

People who try to use drugs to escape inevitably run into that issue. they never deal with the issues, and never replenish their health, but they just keep taking drugs until eventually they are on rock bottom, barely getting high when they do take drugs, and stuck in an endless cycle of negativity and addiction. It takes a real badass to get themselves out of a place like that but its possible, seen it happen many times before.