• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel Locations you want to visit

Gormur

Bluelighter
I think this is my first thread in this subforum. Hopefully this is the right place for it. You can list a city, town, hamlet, village or even just a mountain or sea you want to visit and see in real life. Explain why if you want as well. Here's some places off the top of my head that I haven't been to

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands Denmark - The climate is attractive to me since it never gets hot
Calcutta (Kolkata), India - I'm not sure why but probably during Winter
Lima, Perú - climate, mountain scenery and local culture
Siberia (Novosibirsk, Irkutsk), Russia - It seems like a beautiful place but I enjoy long winters and quiet cities

There are other places I'd like to go to like England but just for historical/family stuff, not really to see the countryside

Cheers

I was totally one of those guys with my ticket to Patagonia Eclipse that didn't get to go because of COVID.
But I have always wanted to explore the entirety of Patagonia and going there for a festival got me worked up into a damn froth.
I had over a month of exploration planned out before the pandemic hit. I will still go there someday.
I also need to go back to Australia and New Zealand. I just got the smallest glimpse when I went in 2011 and have been "planning" my return ever since.
My grandpa was doing the Hippie Trail in his youth. Start in Amsterdam, travel through Europe, cut over through the middle east and make your way to Pakistan, India, the Himalayas and on into China and SE Asia. That always sounded so friggin amazing to me.

I'd like to visit Japan for my next major vacation. I love the geography of the country and that it's split up into a few major islands, all with different climates and cultures.

I'd want to visit the snow festival in Sapporo on Hokkaido, the northernmost island, then ride down to Tokyo just to say I've been there, Kyoto for all the historical shit, and cap it off with a vacation in sunny Kyushu (southern island) where I'd just ride around the coastal roads on a motorbike stopping here and there to snorkel and maybe take in a few car meets.

Vietnam also seems interesting to me, maybe travel through SEA to Thailand then down to Singapore.

Patagonia is on my list too, I unexpectedly loved Central America and I still want to visit Panama, Uruguay, Costa Rica, Belize...

Russia just seems like it'd be amazing. I guess getting a visa is the only issue, though I guess anybody can get one (I have no record and I have an updated passport). I really have no interest in going to Moscow but I guess I'd have to go there first and figure out where to go from there, like St. Petersburg (as an example). I'd really like to visit Siberia though. It seems like such a melting pot of different cultures and religions. Besides that, the landscape looks incredible; based on photos anyway

Has anybody here been to Russia?

I was totally one of those guys with my ticket to Patagonia Eclipse that didn't get to go because of COVID.
But I have always wanted to explore the entirety of Patagonia and going there for a festival got me worked up into a damn froth.
I had over a month of exploration planned out before the pandemic hit. I will still go there someday.
I also need to go back to Australia and New Zealand. I just got the smallest glimpse when I went in 2011 and have been "planning" my return ever since.
My grandpa was doing the Hippie Trail in his youth. Start in Amsterdam, travel through Europe, cut over through the middle east and make your way to Pakistan, India, the Himalayas and on into China and SE Asia. That always sounded so friggin amazing to me.
:( same. I hear its been rescheduled for an event at Manchu picchu 2022 but I dont think there is an eclipse

I don't even know where I would like to travel. I have visited so many countries for 15 years that I can't even count them because I'm always confused. But I could advise you to enter here yourtravelitinerary.com, and in case you can't decide where to go, you will look for a lot of places that you don't want to entice and tempt you to a real vacation. In any case, everyone already depends on what climate they love, what their tastes are in food, and in which region they would prefer to travel. But I hope I have helped you and it will be easier in the future to choose a suitable location.

Last edited:
Russia would be nice to visit I think. Or maybe some bog in N Europe (ireland, scotland, sweden, finland). Do not want urban.

It's a place I have visited before but it is somewhere I actually wish to permanently residing and everybody would if they were given the choice and understood the choice I feel.

I have named it myself as well.

I call it Microgramless Land. I'm not keen on visiting it again though unless I'm going to stay there the next time I've actually stopped somehow from travelling because it's a very difficult place to keep coming back from but would be so nice to stay and I believe it awaits.

Otherwise in a non-gestapo world re-visiting France and those lovely valleys and rivers and campsites and gorgeous misty still sunrises and fantastic bakeries but I would need another life for that would be nice though and I would be in my element.

my favourite of all my trips has to be patagonia:

mt. fitzroy:

fitzroy01.jpg

glacier grey:

glaciergrey01.jpg

perito moreno glacier:

peritomoreno01.jpg

las torres:

torres01.jpg

alasdair

I think this is my first thread in this subforum. Hopefully this is the right place for it. You can list a city, town, hamlet, village or even just a mountain or sea you want to visit and see in real life. Explain why if you want as well. Here's some places off the top of my head that I haven't been to

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands Denmark - The climate is attractive to me since it never gets hot
Calcutta (Kolkata), India - I'm not sure why but probably during Winter
Lima, Perú - climate, mountain scenery and local culture
Siberia (Novosibirsk, Irkutsk), Russia - It seems like a beautiful place but I enjoy long winters and quiet cities

There are other places I'd like to go to like England but just for historical/family stuff, not really to see the countryside

Cheers
Almost anywhere where bombs not falling onto my head.Even in space,The moon and Mars

Heaven.

If you don't laugh you'll cry lol. Seriously, I'd love to visit Jamaica, Canada, Germany (Berlin), America (New York/Route 66/Detroit/Texas), Japan, Any Spanish island would be nice, Pig island, Amsterdam. Anywhere that I won't end up in jail for having thc in my system too cause knowing my luck...

Germany (Berlin)
Berlin is so not worth it. I travelled to Berlin by train for 11 hours and I was so fucking excited. It's just poop. The whole city. Reichstag was kinda cool, but you need an appointment to get in, and it costs a lot of money. The Wall is gone, it stinks, it's loud and it's fucked up. Every house looks like shit, the people look like shit, and it's so damned noisy.

If you want to see Germany, you gotta check out the South or the North, everything in the middle is fucking ugly flatland with even uglier cities and a less than desirable architectural style.

@ topic: I want to go to Norway and see the Aurora Borealis.

@December Flower thanks for that info. Tbh with u If I had the cash I would look in to it more online before booking anything, a person I speak to online lives in Dresden edit: wtf it's quite far from Berlin I thought it was closer lol. @December Flower is cologne good/nice?

I forgot I'd like to see the northern lights too haha. I can dream for now 🙂

Last edited:
@December Flower thanks for that info. Tbh with u If I had the cash I would look in to it more online before booking anything, a person I speak to online lives in Dresden and I think that's pretty close.

I forgot I'd like to see the northern lights too haha. I can dream for now 🙂
By car it's about 2 hours 30 minutes from Berlin - Dresden. Dresden is actually pretty sweet, because they have a huge artist and artisan community. An ex-gf of mine moved there for University, and totally fell in love with the artisan community.

It's not pretty, but the people are amazing. Although they speak the ugliest German dialect there is. Very ugly speech. Sounds like all the vowels they have are ö ä and ü.

If you do decide to go to Berlin, make an appointment to visit the Reichstag. Alexanderplatz is kind of nice. Also you can kiind of visit the start of the "Welthauptstadt Germania(World Capital Germania)" that Hitler wanted to build/started building. There's some underground foundations, nothing much, but it's still funny.

Also fast food is very cheap there. You get a pretty large pizza for 2-3€, could live off fast food essentially forever in Berlin, if you have the stomach for it, which I do not.

Well I'd rather see the northern lights from Space, but since I don't see that happening soon ...