• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lower sport performance after quitting cannabis.

eduznzncer

Greenlighter
Hi. Today I discovered how cannabis was really boosting my performance when training weightlifting without knowing that. I stopped cannabis few days ago, and today when training I said, hum! what's wrong?, I am very full of energy, stamina, I slept good, I ate good, however I am doing less reps than usual and I feel a poor performance overall, when I was training with cannabis, I was able to do 20 reps with a good weight, and without it now I am getting the muscle fail at 14 reps. And with cannabis I was ready for the next set in a shorter time. :ROFLMAO: I never thought cannabis was able to do that, which is amazing.

Since few months ago, I was smoking a very big hit before doing my exercise, and now without it, my workout feels weaker and boring, less savage, but of course still intense but less compared with when doped. I was smoking a lot all day and I think I got cannabinoid hyper emesis syndrome, not so horrible because I was smoking regular weed from the park and not something like a lot of wax, I had some nausea and vomit, not too much, that was gone for a while after taking a hot shower, so maybe no doubt that I had that problem. I was like new very soon after quitting, one or two days after, and not like these people that ended in the hospital. Not sure when I will try it again, for now I will rest a season, I promised that to my mother, haha you know how mothers are about this.

Last edited:
Ive heard that cannabis can improve your endurance when it comes to training , almost like giving your body an 'extra gear' which is perhaps what you cannot find right now

Yup… The one time I tried quitting cannabis I pretty much stopped working out. I recall one Sunday during that time taking a single tiny hit and next thing I know I’m moving weights.

I can’t workout without it. Then again I don’t do much of anything without it lol.

-GC

Reminds me of this video. Nick Diaz hits bong then uses nunchucks while on conference call about his upcoming fight.

Back when I smoked a lot of weed I noticed it did seem to increase my running performance a bit. Not sure how much of that was psychological vs physical.

I told my doctor about the hyperemesis and he told me, stop smoking that, thc is nothing good for the mind, stop buying from the park if you can't stop and get it from a dispensary, ask for a strain that's low in thc and high in cbd, thc is what causes the hyperemesis (I got that after 15 years of smoking it). I think that thc is what gives the mentioned boost. I easily can avoid the hyper by smoking less regular weed, but I actually fully stopped, thing very hard to do cause I hate being sober hehe. I think that smoking low in thc high in cbd will be like drinking a beer that's alcohol free.

Yup. You stopped your anti inflammatory and your body is busy readjusting as well.
IMO, once off pot for a while your workouts will get better. They might be different, stay worse in some ways and improve in some.

Haven't worked out hard for muscle mass in years. I'm old now and work out only to keep tone and endurance to be able to live life. Previously, I got my best gains during times I didn't smoke pot. For years, I did a quick and intense thing, one set of a particular exercise but three different exercise per muscle group. Was done in 1/2 hour 5 days a week and on to work. Best gains per time given in town