• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] Storage & Stability

How to store LSD on a festival.

Going to some psy-trance outdoors thing for a few days. Whats my best option for storage?

In your mouth.

In all seriousness, the same as anywhere else, in a cool dry place away from light. Wrap it in tinfoil, stick it in a baggy and put it in your suitcase or something.

Yep. Just don't get it out in the dark, I've lost many a tab on the dewey grass.

if you are really worried about heat you could put it in a baggie or something, and then in a mason jar...in your cooler.

I had some LSD on Altoids once and we left them in the tin with the little paper in it for about a week. When we decided to take them they were extremely weak. We had wondered if it had transferred to the paper inside the tin or if it was just the exposure to air. The next day I decided to suck on the paper to see if it did anything and I'll be, tripped out. So ever since then I have wrapped it in tin foil. I don't know if maybe it transferred when it was still wet or what but i don't wanna take any chances. As for asking if leaving it in a car matters... I have seen liquid be left in a car for two days and it basically lost all its potency. (This was in the hot Indio heat) If you are going to a festival where you are going to be camping in the heat I recommend putting it in a cooler but be careful with this. My friend once did this and it froze and they took it out and started putting it on sugar cubes before it had fully unfrozen... they realized some sugar cubes were different colors than others so they tossed them all in a koolaid type mix and all poured drinks. Some ended up losing their minds and others were sober. So if it freezes LET IT DEFROST!

Storing LSD

If I were to get some blotter what would be the best way of storing it? i've heard foil in the freezer? I've seen threads on this in the past but had trouble pulling them up

i keep mine in foil, in an altoids tin with dessicant, in a drawer.

A cool, dry place is the basic standard.

Cool dry place away from bright light. Wrapped in foil in a dark drawer is probably enough.

Put blotters in small amber vial/mgso4/naso4/o2 desiccant in a ziplock baggie. Only the blotters in the vial, desiccants loose in the bag. Have the lid on top but not screwed on at all yet. Make sure it sits upright. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag, tape the tube from n2 gas wine preserver on to the deflated bag and fill it up ~1/2 full.

Have the lid sitting on top unscrewed. Leave it for 1-2hrs, come back seal the vial without opening the bag (don't fill it with to much n2 gas to the first place). After its on there tight, open the bag and toss the small vial in another wide mouth glass vial and seal that.

Double seal, cobalt &amber glass vials. moisture/o2 desiccants, and n2 atmosphere. I bet if you put one of those in deep freeze it would last a long time.

IF you put it in the freezer, use a vial at least. Wouldn't considerable moisture get to paper wrapped in tinfoil in the freezer? And o2 every-time you opened the freezer? Or are you talking paper in foil in a vial the freezer?

Wide mouth metal water bottles work good too, as long as their completely waterproof.Do the same bag procedure, and you can toss that in the freezer w/other stuff in it, or better yet stash it somewhere secret, somewhere safe, somewhere not on your property.

Last edited:
Where would one fine the right dessicant?

Either silica packets, dried epsom salts (mgs04) (bake @ 350F 2 hr), or sodium sulfate (i got mine online). O2 absorbers are often sold in packs for diy long term food storage. IE throw a few in a bucket of X dry foodstore to keep it fresh. Google a bit and you''ll find them. Same with Nitrogen wine preserver spray.

Cool. What's the risk with moisture and acid anyways? Will it degrade it's quality?
I've got mine in the fridge just wrapped in plastic... Maybe not the best. So if I get it right, in foil, in a tupperware with dessicant, the lot in the fridge?
Cheers

Yeah plastic will draw moisture and I believe it will degrade or destroy your LSD

Thanks for the answers

Every time I have stored LSD I have stored it in the freezer in foil. For shorter periods of time I have kept it in my wallet for a few hours. I've stored them for quite an extended period of time in the freezer and still experienced effects; however after awhile it will become useless in the freezer as well. I'd say after a 1-2 weeks it will start losing its impact, or at least this is what I typically experienced.

I keep mine wrapped in foil and in a dresser drawer. No light, no moisture, no heat = very long shelf life