• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Lyrica and Gabapentin Hell (Withdrawal)

Its a weird drug I've never used lyrica more than once due 2 seizure risk & I don't know if like gabapentin I wont get physically dependent on it or not.

I've used 3600MG daily for years with zero withdrawal in fact I recently forgot to take my nightly dose as I used a weed edible instead for the last like 3ish days give or take a day? I've zero withdrawal symptoms & this is not the 1st I've aburptly stopped using gabapentin after years of daily including everyone I've met that's used long-term excluding online anecdotes like theOP.
Some dont get wd on it wish that was me it 6 or 7 days of pure hell but then it just lifts like a fog

I think it is a longish term of abuse with sudden cessation that may bring acute withdrawal symptoms. Or Rx-ed a high dose and run out I know this caused my friend to go into spasms, sickness, seizures and other serious wd symptoms from pregabalin. There were several meds Rx-ed to him but the prgabalin was a must (paraplegic). I had to take him a few grams of phenibut to help ease the horrors a couple times. He didn't think it would work but it took a lot of the wds away or minimized them.
Not comprehending anyone replace pregab with phenibut or to trust the outcome mentioned above... it was a circumstance and it was a def stab at HR.
I also found that ~3x the weight in phenibut vs pregabalin can stve off any serious wds from high dose and/or abuse of pregab. Worked for me and a couple others I know... just throwin that out there.
fwiw
always my best fam
love ya long time
It does work to take away the worse of it also pregabalin can stop phenibult wd compleatly

There's a medication called tiagabine, it's a gaba reuptake inhibitor, like lexapro for gaba. It helps a little bit. For now I'm just tapering very slowly. Lyrica - I dissolve the powder in water and use an oral syringe to make small cuts in the dose, 6.5mg, a week. Gabapentin - I dissolve a 100mg capsule in water and take half, making 50mg cuts a week. I'd prefer to do this faster but that's all I can handle for now.
Would this drug help with benzo withdrawals I'm considering using BPC-157?

I wonder if other people who don't experience withdrawals are on another other prescribed medications like benzos for example but I doubt it since 1 person I know didn't get gabapentin withdrawal.

Last edited:
My girlfriend was sent to rehab for the 3rd time for gabs the withdrawal is top 2 withdrawals out there and I'm a 20 plus yrs on methodon and benzos and experience withdrawal cold turkey and medical detoxification. And gabs are number 1. I never let my self go more then a day withdrawal but it's a mind fuck on top of perfewsly sweating and no energy or mental ability to do anything. Ever task seems so hard and overwhelming. I just hung the phone up talked to my girlfriend at rehab and she's the one that brought it to my attention they gave her the opportunity to use Valium for the tapper she was scared and could not research if Valium hit the Gaba receptors because she's on 225 mg of methadone and methadone doesn't hit the Gaba receptors and still will go into major withdraw without Gabapentin methadone will not do anything for a gabapentin withdrawal it feels like you are opiates sick all over again or heroin sick and the only thing that works is Gabapentin non-controlled non-narcotic medication I'd say someone dropped the ball there I understand there's a withdrawal from anything you're used to taking but non-controlled non-narcotic should not a person into a withdrawal like that is you're trying to tell me Gabapentin has been out for 80 plus years and this is the first time people started using rehabs and tapering off Gabapentin I think there's a lawsuit pending and the makers Gabapentin Neurontin Gabapentin is only FDA-approved for neuropathy seizures epileptic is not FDA-approved for mental health use or for help with opeit

withdrawal which had gotten from a addiction doctor in the past Gabapentin will help the withdrawal also was prescribed it for two and a half years when I was in jail for my psychiatry and that's when I really felt that there is a withdrawal from these was released and didn't care to fill script but went through mood swings and mental health 4 weeks and I just thought it was because I was anxious of not being in jail anymore and I was
only on

800 mg. 3 times a day never taking any extras now I'm taking 10-15 800 sad a and scared to death not to have them she told rehab that's what she was taking they started her at 1600 mg four times a day for her taper I want to tell her to take the Valium I resurched it and does attach to gabba receptors
+
after one year, +/-, who knows when you are on Pregabalin the dose was 225 mg a day. Started with a single 75mg.

I started taking less and less. I noticed no WD's. But i did a 'by feel ' taper and ended up with enough caps for emergencies.

I experienced no withdrawal.
That sounds awesome now how long do you have off the gav's or have you went back to him a couple of times because I find myself and my girlfriend getting out of rehab and take you to pretty quick I'm not sure what your pain but they go for a dollar 600 here in Syracuse New York so the prices are too bad but when you're going to a couple hundred a week it becomes a problem in our Methadone Program here has a real problem with people on them send you right to rehab but thanks for your Insight experience strength and Hope

Its a weird drug I've never used lyrica more than once due 2 seizure risk & I don't know if like gabapentin I wont get physically dependent on it or not.

I've used 3600MG daily for years with zero withdrawal in fact I recently forgot to take my nightly dose as I used a weed edible instead for the last like 3ish days give or take a day? I've zero withdrawal symptoms & this is not the 1st I've aburptly stopped using gabapentin after years of daily including everyone I've met that's used long-term excluding online anecdotes like theOP.
Yes you are absolutely right it is definitely a weird drug I have come off it a few times but I was in jail I got out and I just did not feel the script because it was not controlled and I never really got high taking it like that so the benefits weren't there and I didn't experience any withdrawals like that either very moody no when I started taking around 3,000 mg a day for a while I started having major withdrawals symptoms in the morning pouring sweat I go through two shirts in 20 minutes it was bad I know I signed myself a little bit more at ease if I do have some weed it does help but like I said I'm on around 250 mg of methadone been on and off methadone for about 20 years I can tell you I get 0 relief from taking my methadone if I don't have a Gabapentin because I was still get just as sick I get a patent methadone will take care of the opiate craving but does nothing for the Gabapentin I'm very happy to hear that you did not experience any withdrawal symptoms please do not go back to those ghetto patents there's no reason to start taking them again

+

That sounds awesome now how long do you have off the gav's or have you went back to him a couple of times because I find myself and my girlfriend getting out of rehab and take you to pretty quick I'm not sure what your pain but they go for a dollar 600 here in Syracuse New York so the prices are too bad but when you're going to a couple hundred a week it becomes a problem in our Methadone Program here has a real problem with people on them send you right to rehab but thanks for your Insight experience strength and Hope
Never came back as it was a prescription.

But the wd's were nowhere near withdrawal's of Benzo's or Opiod's. But that doesn't mean it will be that easy for anyone.

Yo, so my husband is in a detox center now going thru poly drug withdrawals from recreational drugs as well as prescription drugs including hydroxyzine and gabapentin. They have him on subutex powder for the opioid withdrawals but he is NOT doing well otherwise and I’m getting anxious that this detox isn’t right for him if they’re just treating it like a rec drug detox and not doing the right thing for gaba withdrawals. I don’t know if that’s what he is going through or not
I am not sure how he’s feeling mentally I will make sure that his mind is staying in a positive place when I talk to him tomorrow but other than that he has been constantly physically ill and I’m worried cuz we all agree doctors don’t know anything about this stuff. Having a weed pen is the only thing that helps him get some relief..

Last edited: