• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Lyrica/pregablin

totach

Bluelighter
Hey guys , so this is my first time in my 16 year run with heroin now In days I guess fentadope trying lyrica for WD. I find it impossible to switch to bupe from the fentadope it’s just like no time is good enough for the transition without getting PW.

So this time I have a bunch of lyrica in my arsenal and I’m really surprised at how much it is helping . Now I’m the type of dude that will never fall for placebo effects and always call bullshit on anyone saying anything besides another opiate helps with opiate withdrawals .

im currently at 48 hours after putting 72 hours together and then using for one day . So for those 3 days and currently these two days the pregablin has really helped with many symptoms such as my stomach is still tight like I’m still on opiates . I can also catch a couple hours of sleep which even a massive dose of Xanax wouldn’t do .

So it’s mainly my stomach which is weirding me out cuz how can a gaba drug do that? Not weirding me out but I’m completely shocked . It’s also making me feel like I can’t take a sub cuz I usually judge when the time has come by my stomach . If I take subs before my stomach is all fucked up then that’s asking for PW.

I know lyrica is nothing close to an opiate so does anyone else have this experience with using lyrica for opiate withdrawal? Will it continue holding me like this ? If yes then I will change my goal from transitioning to sub to trying to make it ten days and getting the vivitrol shot .

Any knowledge on this would really be helpful .
Thanx a lot evreyone .
Stay safe!!!

Last edited:
In my case, pregabalin helped me with about 30-40% of the symptoms. But I was quitting tramadol, a much weaker and more atypical opioid. But I've always heard good comments about pregabalin.
Good luck my friend.

If I can I use pregabs for oxy withdrawal and they work well I can’t even sleep on massive doses of quietapine when off my oxy but if I take enough pregabs I sleep like a baby and if I time it right with the sub I get a nod though usually throw in some benzo before that happens
Not much though as they synergies with pre gab so be careful

Hey guys , so this is my first time in my 16 year run with heroin now In days I guess fentadope trying lyrica for WD. I find it impossible to switch to bupe from the fentadope it’s just like no time is good enough for the transition without getting PW.

So this time I have a bunch of lyrica in my arsenal and I’m really surprised at how much it is helping . Now I’m the type of dude that will never fall for placebo effects and always call bullshit on anyone saying anything besides another opiate helps with opiate withdrawals .

im currently at 48 hours after putting 72 hours together and then using for one day . So for those 3 days and currently these two days the pregablin has really helped with many symptoms such as my stomach is still tight like I’m still on opiates . I can also catch a couple hours of sleep which even a massive dose of Xanax wouldn’t do .

So it’s mainly my stomach which is weirding me out cuz how can a gaba drug do that? Not weirding me out but I’m completely shocked . It’s also making me feel like I can’t take a sub cuz I usually judge when the time has come by my stomach . If I take subs before my stomach is all fucked up then that’s asking for PW.

I know lyrica is nothing close to an opiate so does anyone else have this experience with using lyrica for opiate withdrawal? Will it continue holding me like this ? If yes then I will change my goal from transitioning to sub to trying to make it ten days and getting the vivitrol shot .

Any knowledge on this would really be helpful .
Thanx a lot evreyone .
Stay safe!!!
How much lyrica are you taking?

If I can I use pregabs for oxy withdrawal and they work well I can’t even sleep on massive doses of quietapine when off my oxy but if I take enough pregabs I sleep like a baby and if I time it right with the sub I get a nod though usually throw in some benzo before that happens
Not much though as they synergies with pre gab so be careful

I get a similar effect when it comes to sleep. I can take 8mg of Xanax and I won’t sleep for a minute but if I take 600mg of pregablin I will get a few hours of sleep . I get 90 100mg capsules a month and I go thru them within 2 weeks . I’m hoping I don’t become dependent with the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off routine what do you think? Can that cause withdrawal symptoms ?

I can do without them so that’s why I ask if you think it will cause physical dependence dosing like that. I’m pretty sure if it was gabapentin I was taking like that it would not cause a physical dependence so I’m hoping the same goes with lyrica . Maybe I should take a whole one month break . I don’t use them while using heroin I tend to only use them when I’m going thru opiate withdrawals . I am scared to become dependent tho on another drug . I still take my prescribed Xanax maybe once a week or so . I will never let myself become dependent on Xanax ever again . That was a monster I never want to deal with again . So I’m scared the same will happen to me with the lyrica .

It really is a godsend for opiate withdrawals and I can’t believe I didn’t discover these sooner . I’ve read about it for years but always thought it’s not gonna do shit for me like gabapentin and Kratom don’t do shit for me . I even had a script for it years ago but that was before generics were out and it was like $100 for 30 50mg capsules . If I knew then what I know now I woulda shelled the money out in a heartbeat.

How much lyrica are you taking?

I usually take between 500 to 800mg at a time once a day . If I’m really going thru it with opiate withdrawals I’ll take a few more thru out the day. I know it doesn’t stack like gabapentin does but I feel like I do get some/better sleep when I take them through out the day.

Lyrica helped me well kicking off morphine (800 mg/day). No withdrawal the first week, but then lyrica just stopped working completely. I tried as much as 600 mg of pregabaline, but nothing. The sleeplessness after the actual wd was terrible.
Clonidine, the blood pressure med, helps very well, too. You'll have to careful with this, though, as it is very potent. Can knock you out by accident very easily.
Anyway, I think wd are not as terrible as most people claim. I guess it's merely the stigmatization of opioids and their users...

I get a similar effect when it comes to sleep. I can take 8mg of Xanax and I won’t sleep for a minute but if I take 600mg of pregablin I will get a few hours of sleep . I get 90 100mg capsules a month and I go thru them within 2 weeks . I’m hoping I don’t become dependent with the 2 weeks on 2 weeks off routine what do you think? Can that cause withdrawal symptoms ?

I can do without them so that’s why I ask if you think it will cause physical dependence dosing like that. I’m pretty sure if it was gabapentin I was taking like that it would not cause a physical dependence so I’m hoping the same goes with lyrica . Maybe I should take a whole one month break . I don’t use them while using heroin I tend to only use them when I’m going thru opiate withdrawals . I am scared to become dependent tho on another drug . I still take my prescribed Xanax maybe once a week or so . I will never let myself become dependent on Xanax ever again . That was a monster I never want to deal with again . So I’m scared the same will happen to me with the lyrica .

It really is a godsend for opiate withdrawals and I can’t believe I didn’t discover these sooner . I’ve read about it for years but always thought it’s not gonna do shit for me like gabapentin and Kratom don’t do shit for me . I even had a script for it years ago but that was before generics were out and it was like $100 for 30 50mg capsules . If I knew then what I know now I woulda shelled the money out in a heartbeat.
If I was you I would not go as long as two weeks
Try maybe one week opies one week pregab and see how that works for you
As for multiple addiction Iv been there it’s horrible mate but somehow the opiates always beat the benzos with me so benzo withdral was never to bad if I had oxy but fuck doing them both cold turkey at once . Imo that would be hell I’d want to reach for the off switch
I try and squirrel a few pregabs into my emergency tuck box whenever I can and try to forget about them then if I ever have to withdraw from opiates I can at least get sleep and get to work and try passing it off as a cold

For me pregabalin a wonder drug compleatly controls anxiety and lets you sleep it makes heroin wd just feel like a cold you know you in wd you sneeze a lot I just read Nightraver say it a cold I swear I did not copy his post it does make it feel like a cold your back and legs still ache a bit but no rls no anxiety I still need lope to control the shits I never fear a wd again. But be careful I have swapped one addiction for another and the wd mentally brutal use it but don't switch to it try 5 days start to taper and be done in 10 days

Lyrica helped me well kicking off morphine (800 mg/day). No withdrawal the first week, but then lyrica just stopped working completely. I tried as much as 600 mg of pregabaline, but nothing. The sleeplessness after the actual wd was terrible.
Clonidine, the blood pressure med, helps very well, too. You'll have to careful with this, though, as it is very potent. Can knock you out by accident very easily.
Anyway, I think wd are not as terrible as most people claim. I guess it's merely the stigmatization of opioids and their users...
Tolerance with lyrica goes up real quick i been using it for a month and no lie im on day 5 of a opiate wd and i was taking 4000 to 5000 mg a day to control wd because i had been abusing it before opiate wd .Now off the opiates i will taper for a month from pregabalin always taper pregabalin if you on high doses makes life so much easier

For me pregabalin a wonder drug compleatly controls anxiety and lets you sleep it makes heroin wd just feel like a cold you know you in wd you sneeze a lot I just read Nightraver say it a cold I swear I did not copy his post it does make it feel like a cold your back and legs still ache a bit but no rls no anxiety I still need lope to control the shits I never fear a wd again. But be careful I have swapped one addiction for another and the wd mentally brutal use it but don't switch to it try 5 days start to taper and be done in 10 days
You know what the most interesting part for me is that the pregablin actually keeps my stomach solid . I have no stomach upset while taking the pregablin . I don’t see how that makes sense but that’s the case. You would think that if pregablin works so well for me then so would gabapentin but gaba doesn’t do shit for me . That is why I was so skeptical of pregablin . When you read about lyrica a lot of sites say that it’s just 4 times stronger mg for mg of gabapentin but that can’t be it cuz I’ve taken gaba in heroic doses and I’ve also taken it staggered evrey 45 min and neither has put a dent in my opiate withdrawals .

I managed to get super lucky this month by somehow getting 3 scripts filled in a matter of 2 weeks . Got 90 on the 22nd , then last week I went to get my Xanax and somehow pharmacist said it’s not called in yet but that I have a early script called in on the 23rd so that was awesome . Doc apparently sent my Xanax script to a dif pharmacy so when I went to pick it up they also filled my pregabs . I guess it’s cuz I pay cash since my insurance doesn’t cover it but it’s only like $18. The second pharmacy charged me $35 but I’m more then happy to pay it . I doubt this will ever happen again so I’m really glad to have this little surplus of pregabs . I hope I don’t abuse them and get WD since I’ve never had so many in my possession at any given time . Right now my main goal is to get on sub maintenance which is close to impossible with this shit fentadope now in days.

I’m pretty sure what I’m getting now is fentanyl free so I’m hoping my transition will be easier this time around . I have some methadone also to take for a few days just Incase so I can get the fent out my system . I only have a total of 200mg so I plan to take that over the course of a week . Then wait a few days with the help of Xanax and lyrica and hop on the subs .

The "nice" thing with fentanyl is its short half life means it will clear your body entirely in 2, maybe 3 days.

I think lyrica much better than gabapentin and it great for wd you seem to have plenty just try the lyrica on its own for your fent wd take enough to be comfortable but save a few to just do a quick taper after your fent wd. I will admit i only wd for heroin and poppy pods but should work just the same for fent since it is a opiate. I have given them to a few close friends for their wd and it has worked brilliantly. Be very careful because it so easy to get an addiction to them good luck my friend

You know what the most interesting part for me is that the pregablin actually keeps my stomach solid . I have no stomach upset while taking the pregablin . I don’t see how that makes sense but that’s the case. You would think that if pregablin works so well for me then so would gabapentin but gaba doesn’t do shit for me . That is why I was so skeptical of pregablin . When you read about lyrica a lot of sites say that it’s just 4 times stronger mg for mg of gabapentin but that can’t be it cuz I’ve taken gaba in heroic doses and I’ve also taken it staggered evrey 45 min and neither has put a dent in my opiate withdrawals .

I managed to get super lucky this month by somehow getting 3 scripts filled in a matter of 2 weeks . Got 90 on the 22nd , then last week I went to get my Xanax and somehow pharmacist said it’s not called in yet but that I have a early script called in on the 23rd so that was awesome . Doc apparently sent my Xanax script to a dif pharmacy so when I went to pick it up they also filled my pregabs . I guess it’s cuz I pay cash since my insurance doesn’t cover it but it’s only like $18. The second pharmacy charged me $35 but I’m more then happy to pay it . I doubt this will ever happen again so I’m really glad to have this little surplus of pregabs . I hope I don’t abuse them and get WD since I’ve never had so many in my possession at any given time . Right now my main goal is to get on sub maintenance which is close to impossible with this shit fentadope now in days.

I’m pretty sure what I’m getting now is fentanyl free so I’m hoping my transition will be easier this time around . I have some methadone also to take for a few days just Incase so I can get the fent out my system . I only have a total of 200mg so I plan to take that over the course of a week . Then wait a few days with the help of Xanax and lyrica and hop on the subs .
I just noticed i replied to your post and not quote it that message for you

there a megathread for this stuff?

i used to have a buddy scripted some stupid high dose of this about a decade ago. they’d sell me their full bottle on schedule. i liked taking it with benzos because the benzodiazepines would kick in right away and the pregabalin would keep things going throughout the day.

i was recently prescribed it because i cannot have a valium script in sober living. like all these ganaoentinoids, tolerance develops so fast i can’t believe it’s a medication. completely pointless to take two days in a row. but it feels good. it definitely reduces anxiety but it’s also got this clear stimulating effect that helps me tackle the day. too bad it takes forever to kick in. not great for prn use.

also it gives visuals. i see colors like you’d see when light shines through glass at an angle. even some object undulation.

there a megathread for this stuff?

i used to have a buddy scripted some stupid high dose of this about a decade ago. they’d sell me their full bottle on schedule. i liked taking it with benzos because the benzodiazepines would kick in right away and the pregabalin would keep things going throughout the day.

i was recently prescribed it because i cannot have a valium script in sober living. like all these ganaoentinoids, tolerance develops so fast i can’t believe it’s a medication. completely pointless to take two days in a row. but it feels good. it definitely reduces anxiety but it’s also got this clear stimulating effect that helps me tackle the day. too bad it takes forever to kick in. not great for prn use.

also it gives visuals. i see colors like you’d see when light shines through glass at an angle. even some object undulation.
Hey, there is a lyrica mega thread floating around . I also feel like evreything is better while taking lyrica . I hate stimulants but lyrica gives me a nice boost in energy like I’m ok with doing anything . The first day is the best but after that I don’t feel any “high” but I do still get the boost of energy and a good nights sleep . If I weren’t scared of the withdrawals I would take it evreyday .