• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushrooms and Chest Pains?

If you are eating a shitload of psychedelics regularly it could genuinely be cardiac. 5ht2b activation causes arrhythmia and cardiac vulvopathy. I had a terrible experience microdosing psilo for two weeks that had to be discontinued for these very reasons. If you aren’t already - take a couple weeks break between doses of SERT agents.

I hope thats not the case. But you may have a point, maybe I should go see the doctor. I am not having any issues after the episode, but just to be safe. Thanks!

I dont micro dose. I was actually taking them every friday. But you are also right that taking a break or quitting altogether maybe be my best bet. It really did scare me and moreso on the fact that i was tripping hard. I didnt even want to see myself in the mirror as i looked so pale grey, i literally thought i was staring at death.

It seems that whenever I take mushrooms various muscles will experience some degree of pain, mostly feel like cramping. But, the ones that annoy me the most are muscles in my chest. Last night I took approx. 5g of fresh shrooms (it was enjoyable with CEVs and at one point briefly OEVs). I got the usual GI discomfort throughout the trip but about a couple hours in my chest started to hurt. I've had chest pain in previous mushroom trips as well but I never get any sort of physical discomfort when I take LSD. The pain never stayed in any one spot either - front, back, center, right, left, it moved around. Sometimes the pain would feel kind of sharp as I breathed in, especially deep breaths. For a little while, I laid down and took shallow breaths which helped.

I looked into the anatomy of the muscles around the chest and see that there are the internal and external intercostal muscles connecting the ribs together and play an important role in breathing (particularly to allow the ribs to expand and contract); this would make sense that if some of those muscles are cramping that breathing can make it hurt a little bit more. I believe there is nothing to worry about but it is kind of annoying to have these pains. I do get other muscles (in my arms) that feel like they cramp up as well but only briefly. The dose doesn't seem to be a factor since in the past I have taken higher doses with more intense subjective effects but the pain doesn't get any more (or any less) intensive.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this and were able to find a way to make it go away or at least reduce the severity?
ifun.if I lay down for a while on mushrooms my stomach and bladder area cramps a bit. It could be from digestion, so if you get nauseous that could be why. I'm not sure how that would work though, but that's the only reason shrooms would cause any physical pain