• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Making opiate withdrawal worse

Hezman94

Bluelighter
It seems cannabis is making me.kore restless and rattly when cutting down opiates.
I havnt felt a proper stoned in ages I smoke very strong strains.
Ain't cannabis meant to hell withdrawal I've got CBD spray but it's only three percent

A majority of posts that I see from you are either about all the problems that cannabis causes you or the problems that the drug doesn't seem to fix, and yet you continue to use a substance that's obviously not well-suited for you. If you want these issues to stop, you might want to look into getting professional help instead of self-medicating whatever it is that ails you.

Best of luck in your struggles, Hez, but I honestly and respectfully think you'll only be able to get a hold of them if you sober yourself up a bit or, at the very least, just stop consuming so much pot.

A majority of posts that I see from you are either about all the problems that cannabis causes you or the problems that the drug doesn't seem to fix, and yet you continue to use a substance that's obviously not well-suited for you. If you want these issues to stop, you might want to look into getting professional help instead of self-medicating whatever it is that ails you.

Best of luck in your struggles, Hez, but I honestly and respectfully think you'll only be able to get a hold of them if you sober yourself up a bit or, at the very least, just stop consuming so much pot.
there's worse things than pot my fellow bluelighter... much worse things.

there's worse things than pot my fellow bluelighter... much worse things.

Okay, and how do you expect the conversation to go from here?

Regardless of relative harm, from his post history Hezman's head is fucked up. I don't say that from a point of judgement, as I think I have a fucked up headspace too. The difference here is that I've learned many of my triggers and to avoid them, whilst Hezman struggles with his drug(s) of choice and is determined to fit a square peg into a round hole to try and find some mental respite.

It's not healthy, and you saying that it's relatively better than "worse things" isn't going to do much to help him make a positive change for his own mental well-being. At best it's only going to affirm his thinking that smoking weed helps even though the typical post from him tends to mention how problematic his drug use is. It's either humble bragging or a legitimate cry for help, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with the latter.

Okay, and how do you expect the conversation to go from here?

Regardless of relative harm, from his post history Hezman's head is fucked up. I don't say that from a point of judgement, as I think I have a fucked up headspace too. The difference here is that I've learned many of my triggers and to avoid them, whilst Hezman struggles with his drug(s) of choice and is determined to fit a square peg into a round hole to try and find some mental respite.

It's not healthy, and you saying that it's relatively "better" than "worse things" isn't going to do much to help him make a positive change for his own mental well-being. At best it's only going to affirm his thinking that smoking weed helps even though the typical post from here mentions how problematic his drug use is. It's either humble bragging or a legitimate cry for help, and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with the latter.
let me put it this way, my thoughts toward his erratic behavior are like this - he's acting out, clearly he's going through some phase where he's not tolerating it NOR is he willing to process the issue at the center of everything, but that's precisely what he has to do, and the only one that can help him do it is himself (and possibly a medical professional which neither you nor i am, but sometimes making someone think theyre doing the wrong thing, is the wrong thing if you catch my meaning so to speak) i remember once telling him that killing himself wasn't the answer, but until he wakes up to the sunshine, i don't think he's going to find out whats really destroying him unless he knows already and doesn't want to deal with that right now, but i would gladly read someone's over-indulging in pot than what i use.

let me put it this way, my thoughts toward his erratic behavior are like this - he's acting out, clearly he's going through some phase where he's not tolerating it NOR is he willing to process the issue at the center of everything, but that's precisely what he has to do, and the only one that can help him do it is himself (and possibly a medical professional which neither you nor i am, but sometimes making someone think theyre doing the wrong thing, is the wrong thing if you catch my meaning so to speak) i remember once telling him that killing himself wasn't the answer, but until he wakes up to the sunshine, i don't think he's going to find out whats really destroying him unless he knows already and doesn't want to deal with that right now, but i would gladly read someone's over-indulging in pot than what i use.

Well... that's fair, and I'm sorry if I came off too harsh. I was hesitant to post my initial reply because I thought people might take it as a sort of dressing down, and that little anxiety led me to think you were instantly trying to rehash an old debate I've had with countless people innumerable times about pot's relative safety (TLDR: yes, it's a safer alternative to most other drugs but it can seriously exacerbate certain psychological conditions and disorders.)

You're right that it's up to the individual to seek help. Sometimes, though, the individual might not even consider the option without someone else planting the seed of an idea into their head, and that's when I feel like it's our responsibility to be depressingly honest with our fellow BLers instead of just reveling in how fun it is to be fucked up all the time-- especially if they've got nobody but us to try and help keep them from spiraling out of control.

With all due respect @Jibult, in just your first sentence of your last post, there lies a complete contradiction in terms, in exactly the same way you are pointing out that @Zonxx is commenting. Knowing him as I do, the “snippet of a sentence” makes a point he wil almost inevitably elaborate on as the debate/conversation/judgement of the situation continues.

I shall now respect the trend and make my own. If you try and absorb then take stock of even some if not all the helpful Information and guidance offered @Hezman94, you may find it serves you well.

This whole place was imagined, designed and implemented by the Oh wise ones, for not least the people and issues in need of recognition, that you seem to wholly embody.
I would urge you to politely try and gain some knowledge and direction, from the help that is all around you here. I Hope you can start to put things that you want to address, in immediately a more organised chaos, and in time a healthy perspective for the future!!

With all due respect @Jibult, in just your first sentence of your last post, there lies a complete contradiction in terms, in exactly the same way you are pointing out that @Zonxx is commenting. Knowing him as I do, the “snippet of a sentence” makes a point he wil almost inevitably elaborate on as the debate/conversation/judgement of the situation continues.

I shall now respect the trend and make my own. If you try and absorb then take stock of even some if not all the helpful Information and guidance offered @Hezman94, you may find it serves you well.

This whole place was imagined, designed and implemented by the Oh wise ones, for not least the people and issues in need of recognition, that you seem to wholly embody.
I would urge you to politely try and gain some knowledge and direction, from the help that is all around you here. I Hope you can start to put things that you want to address, in immediately a more organised chaos, and in time a healthy perspective for the future!!

The first sentence of my last post was "Well... that's fair and I'm sorry if I came off harsh."

The post prior was "Okay, and how do you expect the conversation to go from here?" Not an inference that there was nowhere to go, but honestly asking what he was hoping to achieve by pointing out what he did.

*SUPER EDIT:ahhhhh, mother fucker! A missed comma and half the post changes meaning entirely. If you saw what was posted here previously, Shortec, please disregard it. Without that comma it read like you were telling me to follow the advice that myself and others have offered Hezman94 in the past. I, uh... I got a little irritated with that kind of presumption, which happens all too often with me and I definitely need to work on preventing myself from jumping to hasty conclusions.

I'm still hopeful that you can point out the contradiction that you saw to me. For the life of me, I can't figure out what exactly you're referring to.

Last edited:
When tapering or withdrawing from a mild dependency. I think weed helps me. Not so much in a phsyical sense where the anxiety, lump in the throat, and inability to sleep is eased....its more just a distraction from the withdrawal and makes some fake happiness that I can focus on instead of feeling like shit.

...but weed is anxiety inducing for many, there have definitley been time where i got too stoned and had to take a pill to level it out.