Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDA/6-APB and Dopamine Depletion

arrall

Administrator
Staff member
I took about 165mg of 6-APB succinate (equivalent to ~130-150mg HCl) on Saturday and I've felt like my dopamine is depleted since then. Decreased energy, motivation, etc. even though my mood has been excellent since the trip. I've noticed an increase in side effects and decrease in desired effects from my prescription Dexedrine.

I know that this isn't serotonin depletion as my mood seems fine and I've never had issues with that from MDMA. I've been taking 5-HTP with EGCG with every meal since last night regardless.

Should I go buy some L-tyrosine to help restore my dopamine levels?

Get as much sleep as possible and come back to heaven. Sleep, wake up, clean yourself up, eat good and then gogo sleep again. You need strong sleep helpers like some benzos or prescription medicine. Just sleep it out. Side effects and worsening of the situation is a serious possibility when taking stimulants.

Get as much sleep as possible and come back to heaven. Sleep, wake up, clean yourself up, eat good and then gogo sleep again. You need strong sleep helpers like some benzos or prescription medicine. Just sleep it out. Side effects and worsening of the situation is a serious possibility when taking stimulants.
I’ve been sleeping plenty, but I’m not tired enough to sleep 16 hours a day and I have shit to do. I don’t think that the situation is dire enough for me to just sleep for the next week.

Sleeping for a week is always good if you can afford it. Not being tired enought to sleep 16 hours is normal because without help your body will not fall asleep. Like I said if you feel any negative effects you will need something strong to help your body fall asleep. You said you've noticed decrease in desired effects from my prescription Dexedrine. That might be sign for you to try out some other substances. Even if I don't get to sleep, I always feel better when taking benzos like etizolam,flubromazepam,clonazolam and everything close to that. Whatever you are taking right now might not be strong enough also. After 6-apb I felt better and happier, thing it doesn't come for free, your body got hit for that short trip you experienced.

Sleeping for a week is always good if you can afford it. Not being tired enought to sleep 16 hours is normal because without help your body will not fall asleep. Like I said if you feel any negative effects you will need something strong to help your body fall asleep. You said you've noticed decrease in desired effects from my prescription Dexedrine. That might be sign for you to try out some other substances.
I’m not really interested in replacing prescription medication with recreational compounds. My drug use is able to stay far away from the point of abuse because I strictly separate recreational use from medicinal use. For example, I only permit myself regular use of medicinal stimulants prescribed by a doctor. On the other hand, MDMA is something I’ve only been doing once per year (Well this year was 6-APB) -with a maximum of 6x per year that I set per myself- as it is a therapeutic and recreational compound, but not a medicinal one.
Even if I don't get to sleep, I always feel better when taking benzos like etizolam,flubromazepam,clonazolam and everything close to that. Whatever you are taking right now might not be strong enough also. After 6-apb I felt better and happier, thing it doesn't come for free, your body got hit for that short trip you experienced.
I don’t think that taking extremely potent RC benzodiazepines will result in high sleep quality.

I took about 165mg of 6-APB succinate (equivalent to ~130-150mg HCl) on Saturday and I've felt like my dopamine is depleted since then. Decreased energy, motivation, etc. even though my mood has been excellent since the trip. I've noticed an increase in side effects and decrease in desired effects from my prescription Dexedrine.

I know that this isn't serotonin depletion as my mood seems fine and I've never had issues with that from MDMA. I've been taking 5-HTP with EGCG with every meal since last night regardless.

Should I go buy some L-tyrosine to help restore my dopamine levels?
Fwiw I've lived many days on very low serotonin and my mood is never that affected, slightly more emotional/impulsive maybe, but decreased energy, motivation etc... are all definitely there.

160mg of 6-APB is a huge dose, it would wreck me for days. That's like 8+ hours of rolling hard, my serotonin is gone.

I think it much more likely you're just somewhat low on serotonin than dopamine, which I've never heard anyone say before after a roll (?), just gotta wait it out.

Edit: when brainzapped my mood is a mess though, very emotional, but that's kind of extreme

160mg of 6-APB is a huge dose, it would wreck me for days. That's like 8+ hours of rolling hard, my serotonin is gone.
It was succinate and split over two doses 6 hours apart, so I don’t think that it was too big of a dose.

The weird thing is that my mood is fine, probably better than before I rolled - as it usually is with MDMA. It’s just my energy and productivity that are shot. But it’s been almost a week so I’m feeling a lot better.

Yeah, I would crash from that dose, no doubt about it. Wait it out, your dopamine will go back to baseline .

Serotonin takes longer to replenish itself than dopamine.

Yeah, I would crash from that dose, no doubt about it. Wait it out, your dopamine will go back to baseline.
A few days of good sleep and 1-2g/day of L-tyrosine had me feeling better than I was pre-trip (as MDMA usually leaves me feeling).

Good to hear. I know l tyrosine s a precursor to dopamine so that makes sense. Why so high of 6 apb dose?

So finally checking back into this…

MDA is definitely known to do this, and I usually accept the week after I’ll be generally fatigued. As you said it’s not so much mood as it is energy in both body and mind.

Glad to hear it’s getting back to normal for you :)

-GC

6-APB 100 mg HCL vs MDA unknown dose (probably a combo of MDMA and MDA) . Hard to judge, but ime MDA had an harsher comedown. but take in to account I was abusing MDMA big time. It was also more psychedelic. And years later that 6-APB appeared.

6-APB was also easier to do one dose and then stop. Floored me for at least 6 hours. Little after effects in contrast to MDA, and no redosing.

So in general I guess MDA releases more Dopamine, 6-APB more Serotonin and 6-APB seems less psychedelic.

Last edited:
Good to hear. I know l tyrosine s a precursor to dopamine so that makes sense. Why so high of 6 apb dose?
I took succinate, so that dose is apparently actually quite moderate. It was 100mg with a 65mg redose ~6.5 hours later.

Either way sleep and vitamins supplementation should help. I play video games and at comedown time I just play like garbage. Then few good night and im a *0D again :D