• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA and venlafaxine

rauha

Greenlighter
Help! I'm about to try MDMA at my friend's bday party tomorrow for the first time ever so I decided to read more about it but from the information I found It looks like taking it with my antidepressant Venlafaxine might not even work? Has anyone tried them together or does anyone know if maybe I shouldn't even bother trying? Or is there any other information I should know about??

Definitely not a safe combination, potentially deadly. Avoid. It will nullify the desirable effects as well.

It will severely blunt the experience and it will be a waste. It may also give you serotonin syndrome which will result in a hospital trip and can end in brain damage or even death.

You will need to stop taking venlafaxine and flush it out of your systen to be able to take MDMA safely and get the full effects. This can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on how long you've been taking venlafaxine.

Definitely not a safe combination, potentially deadly. Avoid. It will nullify the desirable effects as well.

It will severely blunt the experience and it will be a waste. It may also give you serotonin syndrome which will result in a hospital trip and can end in brain damage or even death.

You will need to stop taking venlafaxine and flush it out of your systen to be able to take MDMA safely and get the full effects. This can take anywhere from 2-6 weeks depending on how long you've been taking venlafaxine.
Alright, I had to hear this from someone. Thank you for answering! I will not be taking it tomorrow then :/

Hello there, I’m in a similar position. I’ve started venlafaxine 2 weeks ago and planned to drop mdma in a couple days. I’m aware Effexor takes a couple weeks to fully start working, so was wondering whether if feel any effect from it? I’m only on 37.5mg right now as I am slowly tapering onto it.

Hello there, I’m in a similar position. I’ve started venlafaxine 2 weeks ago and planned to drop mdma in a couple days. I’m aware Effexor takes a couple weeks to fully start working, so was wondering whether if feel any effect from it? I’m only on 37.5mg right now as I am slowly tapering onto it.
You might still roll if you stop taking it now given that venlafaxine has such a short half life and your dose is still low. You could pick it up again after the roll attempt.

No guarantees though that you will roll. Ideally you'd want at least a couple of weeks off the antidepressant before attempting to roll.

I firmly believe that the benefits from regular MDMA use far outweighs the (dubious) claimed benefits from SSRIs.

I'd say ditch that shit, but I'm not a doctor so don't quote me on that...

I firmly believe that the benefits from regular MDMA use far outweighs the (dubious) claimed benefits from SSRIs.

I'd say ditch that shit, but I'm not a doctor so don't quote me on that...
I totaly agree with this as I was taking that shit of Venlafaxine in the past and it did nothing just f...up rolls that I had meaning Mdma didnt work while I was on Venlafaxine, so I CT that shit and brain zaps in withdrawal I ameliorate with amphetamines

But I also am not a doctor so....you know the drill

Dude, the withdrawls are brutal and probably not worth it. I've been on high levels of effexor for years now and even going a day without it can be a nightmare. I've always wanted to take MDMA but I haven't been able to safely do it, so I've just resigned myself to waiting until later in life.
pikashow.fyi
ppssppgold.one

Last edited: