• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA (ASD + ADHD) What is going on? (Music)

TrippyPsychonaut

Greenlighter
So, I've been a recreational user of psychodelics, as I found that those are the only drugs that I actually enjoy and doesn't give me that nasty feeling of compulsive redosing.
Anyway, I've tried MDMA 2 times in the last 6 years (I'm 23 now btw) and had 2 amazing experiences, so amazing that I didn't want to lose the magic at all, so I didn't use again (I do use LSA every 2-3 months tho)

I'm diagnosed with ASD and severe ADHD, this is important as I want to discuss something that I think relates A TON with this.

Also to be noted, I'm on music production, singing, writing and all kind of work involving music.

The thing is, last time I rolled my music skills were poor to say the least (Didn't know much about theory and didn't write my lyrics at all). We were at my house with some mates that wanted to freestyle rap. I tended to avoid this kind of activity as I just can't remember things I literally said 5 seconds ago, let alone rhyming and getting good metrics. But on the Peak of the experience I wanted to give it a try.

Man, I freestyled like a maniac, really good stuff (This is objective observation as it was recorded), I impressed myself so much that I think this alone made me the musician I am today because I knew on the bottom of my heart that with enough practice, I could get it done sober. Over the years I got MUCH better at anything music related. I remember that the day of the roll I actually threw some bars in English too (which is ironic because it was REALLY clean stuff and when I'm using english and I'm sober I stutter like crazy trying to get the right accent (I speak 6 languages, but most of them I learned by reading and listening, so that's a problem)

Anyway, I never got a freestyle with the level I got that day. Since then I said to myself that when I got better with rhyming and freestyling I would try it again, and today is the day. (I will post updates tomorrow)

I just wanna know if this is linked to my diagnosis. I've read that being able to talk "better" with MDMA is a novel effect, but you guys have no idea HOW MUCH BETTER I was at it.
Also, the 2 times I rolled, altough it was very euphoric and I liked it, I noticed i needed a bigger dose than my friends, and more strange was that they all got dancing and moving a lot while I enjoyed just sitting and relaxing on it.

I've read too that when you get better at any skill, like actually good at it, stimulants worsen your skills. So should this give me an insight on how I'm standing at my music career?

I'm confused and my experience with stimulants is really low as the ones I tried besides MDMA (Coke and Ritalin) didn't get me euphoric at all, they just kinda "bored" me, as if they do not work on me, they get me to stay more quiet physically and verbally, so what happened with MDMA?

I've read TONS of info and most of what I asked is somewhat know what is happening (Mainly the interactions with my diagnosis), but I don't have any opinion from someone with similar experiences.

Thanks for reading! And sorry if my English is kinda bad, as it isn't my first lang.

I once read that this guy suddenly started blabbering fluent french on molly, something they could understand but had not spoken it for years.
Amphetamine apparently can improve motivation and making memory print, but I've told recalling is worse high on speed.

My psychologist told me I have a really hard time consolidating memories. This might be it? He tested me basically I had to copy a picture full of squares and circles etc. I drew lines all across the paper to get the ratios right (he told me that's my way of compensating?) but then he removed both the original and my drawing and told me to draw it again. I got it all wrong LMAO.

I will give you an update on how this drug affects my languages, specially German, English, Italian and Portuguese as those are the ones I'm more familiar with (I'm native spanish)
I once read that this guy suddenly started blabbering fluent french on molly, something they could understand but had not spoken it for years.
Amphetamine apparently can improve motivation and making memory print, but I've told recalling is worse high on speed.

People with ADHD tend to have different reactions to stimulants. Regular doses of stimulants bring your dopamine levels up to a normal amount so you need more to feel euphoric. Also MDMA is just a more euphoric drug overall than coke or Ritalin.

As for being better at music, could be partially due to the dopamine release helping you focus and recall better as well as increased confidence, decreased inhibition, and enhanced music appreciation.

Adhd people have low levels of norepinephrine, not dopamine. MDMA increases them, in addition to dopamine and serotonin.

I was diagnosed with ADHD in 1995 . A psychiatrist recommended four different drugs, and my parents took his advice and gave me them. Ssris, and some others I don't even know names of. I became severely depressed, withdrawn, and had extreme effects of this cocktail drugs. I can parallel it with the worst high dose ecstacy comedown. They took a kid and experimented with three or four substances.

When I first did MDMA in 2000, it felt sooooo amazing. I feel my brain chemistry at fourteen years old was changed from all this shit they put me on. Thankfully after four months, a pretty British lady helped take me off them . That's my ADHD story.

People with ADHD learn better with music. Some say people can't think clearly or one hundred percent with music but there are exceptions to every rule and people with ADHD music helps, at least I feel it helps me, at times like in the gym sometimes or practicing bodybuilding posing routine.

Last edited:
My own personal experience with MDMA and all the other MDXX and empathogens and entheogens, whatever you want to call them is that I never lose the magic and I have a much more euphoric and fantastic time than most people. I have autism spectrum disorder which is interesting, because most people with ASD have a higher circulating serotonin in their blood then other people do.

A Systematic Review of the MDMA Model to Address Social Impairment in Autism

A Systematic Review of the MDMA Model to Address Social Impairment in Autism​

Devahuti Chaliha,1 John C. Mamo,1 Matthew Albrecht,1 Virginie Lam,1 Ryu Takechi,1 and Mauro Vaccarezza2,*
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Go to:

Abstract​

Background​

Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterised by repetitive behaviours, cognitive rigidity/inflexibility, and social-affective impairment. Unfortunately, no gold-standard treatments exist to alleviate the core socio-behavioural impairments of ASD. Meanwhile, the prosocial empathogen/entactogen 3,4-methylene-dioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA) is known to enhance sociability and empathy in both humans and animal models of psychological disorders.

Objective​

We review the evidence obtained from behavioural tests across the current literature, showing how MDMA can induce prosocial effects in animals and humans, where controlled experiments were able to be performed.

Methods​

Six electronic databases were consulted. The search strategy was tailored to each database. Only English-language papers were reviewed. Behaviours not screened in this review may have affected the core ASD behaviours studied. Molecular analogues of MDMA have not been investigated.

Results​

We find that the social impairments may potentially be alleviated by postnatal administration of MDMA producing prosocial behaviours in mostly the animal model.

Conclusion​

MDMA and/or MDMA-like molecules appear to be an effective pharmacological treatment for the social impairments of autism, at least in animal models. Notably, clinical trials based on MDMA use are now in progress. Nevertheless, larger and more extended clinical studies are warranted to prove the assumption that MDMA and MDMA-like molecules have a role in the management of the social impairments of autism.

Last edited:
Adhd people have low levels of norepinephrine, not dopamine. MDMA increases them, in addition to dopamine and serotonin.

I was diagnosed with ADHD in 1995 . A psychiatrist recommended four different drugs, and my parents took his advice and gave me them. Ssris, and some others I don't even know names of. I became severely depressed, withdrawn, and had extreme effects of this cocktail drugs. I can parallel it with the worst high dose ecstacy comedown. They took a kid and experimented with three or four substances.

When I first did MDMA in 2000, it felt sooooo amazing. I feel my brain chemistry at fourteen years old was changed from all this shit they put me on. Thankfully after four months, a pretty British lady helped take me off them . That's my ADHD story.

People with ADHD learn better with music. Some say people can't think clearly or one hundred percent with music but there are exceptions to every rule and people with ADHD music helps, at least I feel it helps me, at times like in the gym sometimes or practicing bodybuilding posing routine.
Wow, that sucks that that happened to you. I thought it was bad enough being out on ritalin starting at 7 years old which affected me quite negatively. Why in the world would anyone prescribe 4 different meds including ssri’s for ADHD??? That’s insane.

Thanks for your reply!

Boxing and Music REALLY are therapeutic for my ADHD symptoms!!!

Did you ever got prescribed ADHD medication? I tried from a friend Concerta, but really I didn't get any noticable effects from it. (It might be that I just layed there smoking pot and listening to music), like I didn't feel anything at all. I tried 3-MMC and man o man, it really like "cleared a fog" from my mind, I got productive motivated and concentrated, while my friends got a shit ton of euphoria I didn't.

Last edited:
My own personal experience with MDMA and all the other MDXX and empathogens and entheogens, whatever you want to call them is that I never lose the magic and I have a much more euphoric and fantastic time than most people. I have autism spectrum disorder which is interesting, because most people with ASD have a higher circulating serotonin in their blood then other people do.
Hey shugenja! Thanks for the reply. I have the same results when administrying these amazing drugs!
Have you ever tried Pregabalin? I found that the drug doesn't have ANYTHING to do with GABA at all, but it has AMAZING empathogenic/motivational subjective effects.
It actually makes my ADHD a bit worse if we talk about concentration levels, BUT it gets compensated a lot with its motivational effects for me, making both my ADHD and ASD symptoms A LOT BETTER!!!

I've never seen anyone react to pregabalin like I do, NEVER, and I shared quite an amount of it back in the day (Here in Uruguay It's OTC too!)

The problem is, if i really want to take it to the point that it makes my symptoms almost disappear (Obviously not but hey, it does work for me!) I have to take 1-2 day break between doses.

It doesn't worry me much, as I can just save it for days I have shit to do, so It's a miracle drug for me, and taken recreationally makes me ALMOST achieve a high VERY similar to MDMA (Without MDMA insane phisical euphoria. I mean, IT IS prominent but not as orgasmic as MDMA).

Recreational dose for me = 450-300mg with 2 day break
Therapeutic dose for me = 275mg with 1 day break

I say therapeutic dose because I'm prescribed it, even if it is OTC as my doc. saw how beneficial it is for me. I don't take it everyday as indicated because I see it as a waste of drug, but I'm quite responsable with it. Even after 3+ years of Pregabalin use, with a 2 day break it hasn't lost its magic AT ALL for me.

As I said, i get distracted a lot from Pregabalin which SHOULD make my symptoms a lot better, but I get so motivated that I start doing things I procrastinated for days or months, I have THE SAME ability to talk to other people as if I were on MDMA (I can see people to their eyes, I get better at using not so complicated words, I can "feel" them in an emotional level and emphatize a lot more.

Also, pregabalin doesn't make what I call "mental fog" go away like traditional ADHD medications, it actually makes it worse. When I take ADHD medications (which happens rarely), there's this feeling like I've been with a fog on my head all my life and didn't realize till I got medicated. Yeah, the feeling of actually being a functional and attentive person it's atractive, I don't like the side effects of it.

I have to say though, Pregabalin gave me THE WORST withdrawal symptoms I've ever had when I stop taking it for a few days. Worse than when I cold turkey 4mg K-pins from one day to another, worse than amphetamines, worse than cocaine, worse than any drug I've tried (which is essentialy most if not all of them except opioids, which I tried but didn't get into)

Anyone with experiences like this with this pharmaceutical?

Thanks everyone for your responses

A Systematic Review of the MDMA Model to Address Social Impairment in Autism

A Systematic Review of the MDMA Model to Address Social Impairment in Autism​

Devahuti Chaliha,1 John C. Mamo,1 Matthew Albrecht,1 Virginie Lam,1 Ryu Takechi,1 and Mauro Vaccarezza2,*
Author information Article notes Copyright and License information Disclaimer

Go to:

Abstract​

Background​

Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder characterised by repetitive behaviours, cognitive rigidity/inflexibility, and social-affective impairment. Unfortunately, no gold-standard treatments exist to alleviate the core socio-behavioural impairments of ASD. Meanwhile, the prosocial empathogen/entactogen 3,4-methylene-dioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA) is known to enhance sociability and empathy in both humans and animal models of psychological disorders.

Objective​

We review the evidence obtained from behavioural tests across the current literature, showing how MDMA can induce prosocial effects in animals and humans, where controlled experiments were able to be performed.

Methods​

Six electronic databases were consulted. The search strategy was tailored to each database. Only English-language papers were reviewed. Behaviours not screened in this review may have affected the core ASD behaviours studied. Molecular analogues of MDMA have not been investigated.

Results​

We find that the social impairments may potentially be alleviated by postnatal administration of MDMA producing prosocial behaviours in mostly the animal model.

Conclusion​

MDMA and/or MDMA-like molecules appear to be an effective pharmacological treatment for the social impairments of autism, at least in animal models. Notably, clinical trials based on MDMA use are now in progress. Nevertheless, larger and more extended clinical studies are warranted to prove the assumption that MDMA and MDMA-like molecules have a role in the management of the social impairments of autism.

Really informative.

I have to thank everyone as now I have a lot to talk about to my doctor, I might even explain my Pregabalin use to him as he doesn't know I take it "my way". I'd hate if he took it off from my medications but I think now more than ever that I shouldn't lie to my doctor with this stuff, as I might get better treatment.

Also, I want to talk about psychodelics with ASD too, but should I open another thread? ASD and LSD (I get the real stuff here) is AMAZING from my POV. and I would love to talk about it with you guys. Thanks a lot again!

I tried 3-MMC and man o man, it really like "cleared a fog" from my mind, I got productive motivated and concentrated, while my friends got a shit ton of euphoria I didn't.
3-MMC is a monoamine transporter substrate that potently inhibits norepinephrine uptake and displays more pronounced dopaminergic vs. serotonergic activity.[5]

Norepinephrine, also known as noradrenaline, is low in people that truley have adhd. I feel mine comes and goes, depending on too much stress. I feel like this substance wouldnt be the best option for myself. I could be wrong, but from the science I understand, this is the gut feeling I'm getting.