• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA Recovery (Stories & Support - 7) [ALL LTC posts go here]

Can I just clarify, without being an arse, that it 'might' help. Psychotropical fixes are highly subjective. Furthermore LTC could have numerous cuases. Thanks for sharing though. Moving to ltc thread

Paxil will definitely make symptoms worse for those of us with physical symptoms! I'm speaking as someone whose read whats happened to those that have them and as a person who gets an all around setback from taking any sort of serotonergic depleting substance in an LTC! It's hit or miss for someone without physical symptoms as to whether or not a pharmaceutical medication will help. I'm glad you've found something that helped you district9!

The extent or type of damage done seems to vary between those with and without physical symptoms. It's unfortunate that those of us with physical symptoms can't get relief that others may be able to find through conventional means, but that is what it is. More incentive to keep pressing on!

With all the respect, do you have anything to back up this hypothesis? Because it seems to be an anecdotal evidence. That might be dangerous for someone who suffers greatly, and yet is afraid of seeking help because of posts like yours. Sure, is valuable to share your bad experience with SSRIs, but I wouldn't think of it as a law of nature, basing on, let's say, very limited sample.

Last edited:
any advice or warning about Zoloft? I want to give it a try

my LTC started 10 months ago, and currently I'm pretty good, I only have 2 symptoms left: mild muscle twitching here and there; and some nights I wake up with no reason (but I go back to sleep easily, so is not a big deal)... I must say that i even have days in which I dont feel any symptom!!!

unfortunately if I drink coffee/alcohol or take any drug my LTC gets worse (jerks when I try to sleep, insomnia, that kind of stuff)...so yes, I'm good but I sill have setbacks if I force the things

any experience with zoloft?

So I concluded my cognitive testing and I appear "normal" in both long/short term memory and average/above average on the other tests. So modern science can't detect the changes that I feel.

Although I have recovered much since I first started this journey I but I still dont feel like myself.

So I concluded my cognitive testing and I appear "normal" in both long/short term memory and average/above average on the other tests. So modern science can't detect the changes that I feel.

Although I have recovered much since I first started this journey I but I still dont feel like myself.

keep in mind that you didn’t have a baseline test to compare to. You could have been a genius before all this, and now you’re a plebeian like the rest of us :). it’s great news that you can function congnatively at or above average. Are your remaining symptoms all cognitive?

I'm very happy for your results. I find average a little above average cognition and intelligence a great place to be in this world. As you're falling in the customer category the world is meant to work for you and try to sell you products and make your lifestyle as more convenient as possible. The music hits are meant for the average too, and so on...

Even without baseline, I'm wondering how depression and anxiety didn't ruin your cognition even if MDMA didn't? There's so much research showing how damaging those states are for the brain.

Anyway, great news. You should embrace them and be happy af.

@sick_guy Until the health system can better define the two LTC's(especially the ones with physical symptoms), the anecdotal evidence of myself and fellow sufferers is what we have. It currently concludes that those with physical symptoms will experience all around setbacks from serotonin depleting drugs. If someone feels like they need professional help then by all means talk to a therapist, just avoid the psychiatrist. There are natural supplements that have been shown to work well for the treatment of depression, anxiety, etc that will not make this type of LTC worse at all!

Last edited:
@2C-X Given your symptoms and past experience with setbacks from drug use during your LTC, I definitely wouldn't recommend Zoloft! The same thing that happens when you drink caffeine or booze is unfortunately gonna happen again.. a setback. Only much worse over time as it's typically dosed on a daily basis. The good news is it sounds like your symptoms and thus your LTC are starting to come to an end : ) . Let me know if you'd like help finding a natural mood booster, they really do help.

I can't help, but be curious. In long-term harms from MDMA in research papers there's almost never stated the physical symptoms? It's all memory, concentration, learning abilities and .etc. Why it's so unknown the mechanism on MDMA.

MDMA is one of the most popular drugs out there, right? Yet, only very few goes through LTC, that's so strange.

Maybe it’s other factors that contribute to physical symptoms, like environment, poly drug use, and purity of MDMA. For example, I was drinking quite a bit and I’m also prescribed adderall. I will say however I’ve never had an Ltc before this. Also, I only took 150mg and I never abused it (4 times a year at most).

I literally do do not have any traditional symptoms (I.e no anexity, and only situational depression), so it’s all very strange. I started LDN recently and it seems to help slightly.

@Dany657 Thanks, I'm gonna take your advice

I wonder for how long did you take SSRI's?? Keep in mind that SSRI's tend to increase your anxiety symptoms the first 2 weeks of the treatment and then they start to work...that's what I've heard

Maybe you stopped taking them too soon?

(anyway it's not that I need them, I'm currently taking 5-HTP and it works great for me, I'm just curious about trying something different)

Last edited:
@Zeroluck Those typical symptoms are what could potentially happen to very heavy users that are lacking the mystery LTC causing impuritie(s) in their mdma. Everyone's body will react differently to impurities, some may not even react at all. From what I've seen amongst users the LTC's with physical symptoms seemed to be caused by large doses and or mixed substance use. There is a terrific discussion in the 'what is wrong with the mdma today' thread on the possible causes of an LTC. The timeline when certain precursors to mdma became more controlled matches when manufacturers likely turned to more easy to obtain precursors, most notably PMK-glycidate. This seems to be mainly purchased from China which is known for having unpure products, especially by countries in Europe. Several other people on this website have picked up through researching the anecdotes of LTC victims that the mdma causing this seems to be dutch mdma. Though nobody is certain of the impurity causing this, the top three candidates are acrylamide, mercury, or glycidol. And unfortunately LTC's seem to be on the rise even in users of other drugs. I haven't come across anyones story getting any symptoms in a physical LTC from any drug other than mdma, it seems to be dp/dr, anxiety, cognitive difficulties, etc but that doesn't mean it's not possible. I feel like as stated by @G_chem some time back that the neurotoxicity of mdma(or possibly another drug) is increased when combined with the impuritie(s) thus leading to an LTC.

@2C-X I haven't used ssri's during my LTC. Many studies have shown that ssri usage will deplete serotonin with chronic or even short term use, if you'd like to read some of them just let me know. In short it's antidepressant effect is caused by a temporary increase in serotonin that will leave you with less and less over time. Think of it like getting drunk or high, for a time you feel good but after it wears off you're likely to have a 'low' period. This is particularly dangerous in a physical LTC since your symptoms are caused by at least a horrible deficiency in serotonin. I say at least since more is at play in an LTC than serotonin depletion, but for the intents of using any serotonergic drug it's an all around setback. 5-htp is a good, although I think you should give Sam-e a try since rather than depleting the catecholamines like 5-htp does, you can raise serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine all at once. It's a truly unique supplement.

@Dany657 I've never heard of "sam-e"
The only nootropic I've used is 5-htp, I was taking 200 mg in the mornings and I definitely felt happier and relaxed, I don't want to exaggerate but somehow it made me feel "high" at some point (had no effect on my LTC, but did a lot for my mood)

sam-e has a similar effect? how would you describe it. I'm interested because I loved 5htp...but now I've some tolerance

Last edited:
Guys, what's your opinion on having a lifestyle which promotes BDNF? Sounds very promising, but I'm too lazy to practice it.

I personally think that the term LTC is a misnomer. IMO it's not an extended comedown, it's an anxiety/depression disorder which has been triggered. It just feels like a comedown because MDMA comedowns are characterised by depression and anxiety. I think it's been well known for a long, long time amongst ecstasy users that repeated empathogen abuse can lead to months of cloudy brain fog and mental impairments, and that is essentially what is going on here. It's just that some people seem to get it worse, and a big chunk of anxiety and depression to boot.

I'm in no way demeaning the 'LTC', btw, I just think there are some misconceptions which really muddy the waters.

I entirely agree, in hindsight as well. It definitely hurts the body but there is more to it than that. I would focus on getting healthy peeps but not going overkill. Just eat three healthy meals a day lol try and do normal people stuff. If you were a stoner and quit to try and improve that is like torture with all the strains out there and med grade chron. It seems like everyone has their own theory. WhT does it matter. Once you have depression or anxiety you have to deal with it like anyone else regardless of the cause. Be happy if you are not addicted to anything. Feels good to count your blessings as it can always get worse.
Oh and avoid the benzos i dont like to generalize but seriously dudes that stuff can actually fry your brain. I know its a struggle youll be good if you are healthy and can get a grip on yourself. I am in a similar situation but a drug addict.

Last edited:
@2C-X I don't think tolerance to 5-htp is all that likely. What's more likely happening is that your dopamine and norepinephrine are somewhat depleted now which is why you feel it has less effect. I would describe sam-e as the closest natural and healthy substance to adderall. Increased focus, motivation to improve as a whole, and increased cognitive speed I definitely notice when taking it. Just be sure to take Glutamine or Taurine later in the day to make sure your levels of GABA don't get too depleted leading to negative side effects. Don't overthink that right now though. You also may or may not be able to use 5-htp with it, some sites say it can cause serotonin syndrome when combined with sam-e although most say no. I've taken the two at the same time many times without any issues. Sam-e use will likely 'reset' this 'tolerance' to 5-htp you've developed.

I take curcumin with piperine daily and I can attest to its amazingness. It is also suggested to have anti-cancer properties. Highly recommended as a health tonic, and dirt cheap if you buy bulk powders.

Turmeric with curcumin and piperine has lots of health benefits. I haven't personally experienced mood benefits from this supplement but it's definitely worth a go as some people are reaping depression and LTC aiding results from it. I still take it and recommend taking it for at least it's immune boosting abilities regardless of how it effects your mood.

Is there anyone else who used benzos and when stopped it recieved some side effects? What guys do you think: Can we get abstinence from them while still have ltc?