• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Addiction & Withdrawal

MasterVampire

Bluelighter
Its high time we get a Mega thread about Cannabis addiction and withdrawal up in here! I dont care if Cannabis addiction seems like nothing compared to those of you out there who have a problem with benzos or hard opiates. And no you do not get the kind of terrible withdrawal that one would get when they are coming off of a have xanex addiction or H. It still is a reality that regular pot smokers much face, and we have every right to confide in one another about how cranky we get or how we cannot eat when we are out of weed. The psychological effects can be just as bad.

So i encourage you stoners to post in here when talking about addiction or withdrawal from Cannabis or Synthetic cannabinoids. The synths are just as likely if not more to cause addiction problems due to the high amounts of chemical in some spice mixes.

Any threads created talking about this topic will be merged with this thread.

-Neko

So ive been smoking weed for the past 5 months straight and ive stopped because i want to quit.

However i notice that ive been sweating like crazy!

I can be at work and ill just start sweating, in bed watching tv, around the house, playing on the computer and my hands on the mouse dripping wet. Also all down my back etc...

its driving me nuts

Is this normal to be sweating like this when quitting weed and how long should it last? Ive been off it for 5 days so far.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this normal to be sweating like this when quitting weed and how long should it last? Ive been off it for 5 days so far.....

For me it lasted about a week and a half.

I got so irritated that I carried baby powder and extra undershirts around because I'd have to change like 3 times a day. (don't try anti-perspirant deodorant... it just makes the situation like 100x worse)

Yeah, it seems like a common affect induced by weed cessation. It will pass :) Try and not worry about it, it simply makes you sweat more!

smack heads get cramps and pains , pot'heads get the sweats , i know wich i would rather have lol..good luck with ya quiting tho, its harder than ppl think, i have been trying to give up 4 years ..its the staying up all night and sweating, that makes me go bck to it, the sweatings not so bad as ya can sorta control it, but its the sleep deprivation that i cant handle..lol drives me mad staying up ..

smack heads get cramps and pains , pot'heads get the sweats , i know wich i would rather have lol..good luck with ya quiting tho, its harder than ppl think, i have been trying to give up 4 years ..its the staying up all night and sweating, that makes me go bck to it, the sweatings not so bad as ya can sorta control it, but its the sleep deprivation that i cant handle..lol drives me mad staying up ..

Try a low dose of an antihistamine like doxylamine ... helps with sleeping and sweating I've found..

yeah i got the same problem..i've quitted for about 5 days and i get the usual setas all freaking day long..i guess its the detoxication process..and i guess your body is getting used to not smoking anymore..??

Try a low dose of an antihistamine like doxylamine ... helps with sleeping and sweating I've found..

Yea also any of the over the counter sleeping meds helps. But i know how it is. I ddnt mind the sleep deprivation (since i would do it ne way for tests at skool) but the sweating drove me crazy. I found that keeping your room very cold (50-60) helps with the sweating alot.

I found that keeping your room very cold (50-60) helps with the sweating alot.

Nothing helped with me. I'd walk around shirtless and still be drenched with sweat. Clammy hands and everything.

It was more embarrassing than irritating, to be honest.

I have had this happen to me before too. It seems to get worse with the amount of weed you were smoking. When quitting after a month long oral cannabis binge I was practically drenched in sweat 24/7. It should go away after a few days.

Regularly exercising can help get this over with faster in my experience. If I'd get a good, heavy work out in most days it'd keep my sweating down during the day to pretty much normal levels. Of course... I'd often still wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat but it kind of just comes with the territory.

Weird, I never noticed an increase in sweating when I quit weed. But when I was actually smoking it all day every day I noticed I sweat a lot more easily than when I didn't.

Benzos made it so I was able to quit with no WD symptoms at all. If you can get your hand on some, just pop a few (doesn't have to be enough to get high) for 3 days and you should be golden, or at least in my experience. This was with a year of smoking everyday.

Most likely, an increase in anxiety. I guess that would make you sweat more. Other than that, I dont see too much connection between how much you sweat, and quitting smoking of the marijuana.

I always get that when i take a break from smoking cannabis, i think the insomnia and the sweating is a real pain in the ass. Usually it stops after a week and a half for me.
Its not funny having to wash my sheets every day after work, at least i dont think it would be funny but since im a lazy ass i just throw them in my closet and ignore them and sleep without sheets. Thats not a good idea though, its harder to wash the bed than your sheets!

Edit:
Oh yeah, i guess i have been a daily smoker for the past four years, with a few breaks lasting up to two weeks here and there.

Most likely, an increase in anxiety. I guess that would make you sweat more. Other than that, I dont see too much connection between how much you sweat, and quitting smoking of the marijuana.

+1 for that. I never made the connection, but I've always had really bad stress/anxiety-related problems.

I guess I've always been self-medicating and getting high for fun. =D