• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis and Exercise

artic

Bluelighter
Cannabis and exercise

This thread is going to be CD's new home for all questions about using cannabis and exercising. - purple_cloud

Anyone else like to smoke weed before they go for a run, or lift weights? I find it really keeps me focused and helps me push and ignore the burn until I reach total muscle failure. I know other people who like to smoke weed before or during a hike or a round of disc golf. Shit, stoner Michael Phelps brought his A-game last Olympics, and there's that MMA guy who smokes bud. Lots of people have this image of a stoner sitting on the couch and doing nothing, but personally, I like to get high and do shit.

Now, a word from Arnold:

schwarzenegger_smoking_joint.jpg

Thanks, Arn! Thoughts from anyone else?

Note: Found some stuff deep in the archives from '05 on this topic in Healthy Living. I hope no one minds that I've revived this topic looking for more recent opinions from the CD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else like to smoke weed before they go for a run, or lift weights? I find it really keeps me focused and helps me push and ignore the burn until I reach total muscle failure. I know other people who like to smoke weed before or during a hike or a round of disc golf. Shit, stoner Michael Phelps brought his A-game last Olympics, and there's that MMA guy who smokes bud. Lots of people have this image of a stoner sitting on the couch and doing nothing, but personally, I like to get high and do shit.

Now, a word from Arnold:

schwarzenegger_smoking_joint.jpg

Thanks, Arn! Thoughts from anyone else?

Note: Found some stuff deep in the archives from '05 on this topic in Healthy Living. I hope no one minds that I've revived this topic looking for more recent opinions from the CD.

I would love to try to smoke after a long run. When I run, I feel relaxed and my mood is elevated after. Smoking weed after a long run probably enhances the high. Has anyone tried it? (I'm on a break right now so I can't try it).

Combining runner's high with cannabis

Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure most of you heard of the "Runner's high", which is experiencing some kind of high (for example mood lift or euphoria, it varies for each person) during a long run or after a long run. I run a few times a week, and running definitively elevates my mood and relaxes me. I thought about smoking cannabis after a long run and want to know if any of you ever did it and how was it?

I currently can't try it because I'm an occasional smoker and I currently am on a break, but I'll get some weed soon and I'll make sure to try it after a long run.

So, does smoking cannabis during/after a long run increases the high?

it feels so nice. especially if its a nice heavy indica and its nearing bedtime.

Many people, myself included, like to get high & work out / run. I love the combo, but I do like it more immediately after a gym sesh instead of before. To each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats up op, As a smoker who smokes ALMOST exclusively alone(not constantly) i LOVE toking alone. Dont get me wrong its fun with the --> people lol but there are some that just annoy me and feel like theey neeeever have to put in on a L.
Anyway when i toke alone i usually: Toke, go inside, admire patterend rugs or other stupid shit fo a few mins, then when im peakin i like to chill, watch movies, ps3, guitar, or just ride the high and say fuck tv and everything and just look inside myself and thats my favorite part prob.

And it makes for a BOMB NIGHTS SLEEP. cuz when you run out, you better have some ambien or xanax or heron or whatever the hell puts you to sleep.
I toke every day when i can afford it, but ive been sober since monday. Its wednsay and i feel like im INSANE. like shit looks wierd and i just want to have a fucking outburst and beat someones brains out with a fuckin ipod touch and sream FUCKKK..and masturbatioin takes up a good chunk of my sober time.
AM I ADDICTED? why yes but i can still save my money untill friday night instead of scoring right now so put that in your pipe and smoke it till you choke to death obama................i gottta quit making long posts man

Oh and PS. i almost tried that runners high/weed high....but my lungs gave out so i went home and had a take

With the summer coming up, I often like smoking bud before/during a nice walk. For actual exercise, or doing things like playing tennis, I've found that I'm much better at them sober.

So, does smoking cannabis during/after a long run increases the high?

I think that smoking during might decrease it, but after increase it. That is pure speculation though.

Having said that, I enjoy a nice bowl before and during kayaking. It makes it a lot more adventurous.

I've smoked Sativas and then took a nice stoned bike ride.

I mostly would just exercise first doing lots of cardio and then some lifting.

I'd smoke afterward since I'd smoke Indicas and those make me less apt to do cardio-aside from walking, or lifting in a gym.

how do you guys get the energy after smoking? practically everybody i know become pretty unmotivated, even after small amounts!

^ By smoking smaller amount maybe? I don't smoke .7 and then go out kayaking, I limit it to .2-.3

Also, as pointed out above you, it depends on the strain.

the only weed i can actually do activities that make you sweat after smoking is green crack. shit gets me wired like speed man. i also had a custom strain called spacegrass that was just about pure sativa and that shit had me do yardwork for hours lol. but indicas all the way once the physical exertion is over.

^ By smoking smaller amount maybe? I don't smoke .7 and then go out kayaking, I limit it to .2-.3

Also, as pointed out above you, it depends on the strain.
Yeah if I smoke a lot and then do sports, I'm worse at them then when I'm sober. But when I smoke small amounts, I find I'm often better at sports like snowboarding (and damn there's nothing like snowboarding high, after smoking in the lift :))

I'm also getting some weed tonight and I'll make sure to try smoking after a very long run in the next few days to see how it potentiates the mood lift running gives me.

Thanks for making this megathread, since this subject really interests me.

HAHHHAHHAHAHA haven't seen that picture of arnie in a while and that's the second time I've seen it today.

Anyways... Cannabis and exercise... That's an interesting topic that not too many people discuss often. I think it's good because of how weed numbs you of pain and gets you focused/zoned in. I've had good workouts while high and it's really quite enjoyable. Well just about everything you do while high is more enjoyable. lol.

But the downsides are you may get a shortness of breath feeling and just become out of it while you're exercising... Not a bad idea in my opinion, though.

I love smoking (or vaping) and going swimming, or for a run.
But the absolute best is getting incredibly high and doing yoga.
When I was in Amsterdam a few months ago, I got so high that I wasn't sure if I could continue functioning, or even if I could continue existing as a human being. I was in my hotel room, afraid to go out, so I began doing yoga. Without yoga, I felt like I would have been in big trouble, but the yoga seriously saved me. I took refuge in the intensity of the yoga, and felt wonderful! After an hour, I was ready to emerge on the streets, still high as hell but functioning (and human).

Thanks for making this megathread, since this subject really interests me.

On behalf of the CD staff you're welcome :) Always nice to get positive member feedback. I'm glad we were able to create a thread that interests you!

I love smoking (or vaping) and going swimming, or for a run.
But the absolute best is getting incredibly high and doing yoga.

Hmm, with my current torn disc in my back situation, all I can do is some walking and light stretching, would be nice to get back into yoga. Somehow, I think it's the only exercise-type activity that I've never tried high...well I did, in high school gym class, but that barely counts.

I like to smoke along with some adderall for bike rides. Now thats not just weed by itself but it does make a difference.

Smoking before or while walking is cool too.

Anyone heard of cannabinoid reintoxication? Because THC is fat soluble, it's stored in fatty tissue. Fasting or prolonged cardio can supposedly release THC when fat cells are burned. According to a researcher at my uni, sober rats can get re-stoned if they deprive them of food for a few days (and only if they were pumping them full of THC previously). Apparently it's a pretty reliable effect! They're currently conducting trials on human stoners.

Has anyone experienced something similar, either exercise or fasting induced? I'm imagining you'd need some fairly THC-saturated fat stores for this to work.

I have found depending on the strain/quality of bud I tend to go mountain biking and smoke after a track or 2 and then re-toke up when im finished. I love it as i am able to analyze the lines i could/should take in order to get a better run down. I do find it helps clear my mind and i can ride for much longer usually.