• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

COshred

Greenlighter
Marijuana Tolerance???

Are there any other people out there that don't believe you can gain a tolerance from marijuana? My marijuana use has ranged from smoking 7+ times a day, not smoking at all, and everything in between, and I have never thought that I had a low or high tolerance. Even when I was smoking a lot, one hit of good weed would definitely have me feeling the effects.

In contrast, I don't have a ton of experience with opiates and amphetamines but I could easily tell I was building a tolerance with those when I would use every day or every other day for a week or two.

I've always believed this but I was surprised when my College PSY book confirmed it. Quote "And unlike alcohol, which the body eliminates within hours, THC and its by-products linger in the body for a month or more. Thus, contrary to the usual tolerance phenomenon, regular users may achieve a high with smaller amounts of the drug than occasional users would need to get the same effect." I'm not saying this is fact but it makes since to me. I think its just like addiction for marijuana, you can definitely have a mental addiction/tolerance, but not a physical one.

If anyone has any kind of actual prove that you can gain a tolerance from heavy marijuana use I'd love to see it.

You can quite easily smoke enough chronic weed daily to the point where as you cannot even get high from it. I've felt this personally, over time with many different variables, tolerance to cannabinoids most definitely exists..

Personally, I smoked give or take a gram of grade A a day for about 2 years and never experienced a noticeable tolerance, not to mention not even being able to get high

^ with a dose that low it's not surprising your tolerance didn't increase too much

I don't think most people would consider a gram a day to be low amount. I know people smoke more and good for you, I don't care. And at my peak of smoking I would be high the majority of day but no, It's not like I'd smoke 4 blunts a day everyday.
What I'm asking for is some proof. If it really exits then I'm sure people have written about it somewhere and explained how it does. I have yet to read anything.

Tolerance to weed is VERY real. When i started smoking a few years back, a few rips of mids would have m high out of my mind. Now i smoke bowl after bowl of high grade an never really feel "high". Also if i stop for a few day i get much higher. So tolerance is a very real thing. It doesn't go up as fast as opiod or amphetamine tolerance but it is still there

Trust me it's very real but with a low dose like that you probably won't notice anything. When I smoked a gram of jwh a day I couldn't get high from weed at all. Be happy your dose is low.

Personally, I smoked give or take a gram of grade A a day for about 2 years and never experienced a noticeable tolerance, not to mention not even being able to get high

Trust me eventually you stop getting high and just need the smoke in your lungs to curb the craving.
You know how frustrating it is to toke 5 bowls out of the 3.5 footer weighing .3 each and not getting high at all? Especially when everyone else in the rooM is ripped off the same nugs. And its not like i smoke anything but the best. My reputation is being the pickyest bastard on the street. I think in another 2 years you'll see what i mean. It took me years for this to happen to me.
Your cb1 & cb2 receptors will down regulate meaning theres less to process canabinoids therefor acting as a tolerance.

I've been a heavy smoker for a while now and with some good bud, a couple hits and I can feel it. With that dirty cheap weed...well hell I refuse to buy it.

i believe you can get a tolerance from marijuana, and fairly quickly. it builds up before you know it, especially if youre smoking every day. youll gradually find yourself needing more to get to the certain point you particularly desire. thats just how it goes, if you dont want to be tolerant to the drug then dont smoke it so often. being a pothead can definitely drain the bank, it did for mine lolz.

Back when I had more money and unlimited access to weed I'd try to hold off tolerance by never going above 1G a day. Sure there was still a good amount of tolerance but nothing crazy like 5 bowls, maybe 2 instead of 1/2-1

IME, the only proof i need that tolerance most certainly builds up is how great and novel getting high feels after i stop for a while instead of smoking every day.

yess.... i feel the same way!! i have been smoking weed for every day for 5 years straight...at one point i was smoking 7-8 times a day to once or twice a day. all those kids crying about not getting off weed are fucking pussys. learn to repsect the plant; don't underestimate...

My tolerance builds pretty quick when I start smoking more or if I start smoking more potent stuff. A few days of cutting bad and and it levels back off I feel like.

yess.... i feel the same way!! i have been smoking weed for every day for 5 years straight...at one point i was smoking 7-8 times a day to once or twice a day. all those kids crying about not getting off weed are fucking pussys. learn to repsect the plant; don't underestimate...

Finally! Someone to back me up!
But thank you mod for explaining to me how THC tolerance works

Trust me it's very real but with a low dose like that you probably won't notice anything. When I smoked a gram of jwh a day I couldn't get high from weed at all. Be happy your dose is low.

JWH is a whole other story. I've only smoked it twice myself but I have a friend who use to smoke weed heavily but then got put on probation and started smoking spice heavily. He mentioned a bunch of weed side effects he got from it that he never did from marijuana and he also became pretty addicted to the shit. Stay away from that bullshit imitation weed

well i been smokin since i was 12 pretty much every day for the most part from 12 to 23 then i started doin alotta pain killers n shit so i didnt smoke as much i still did smoke alot i will always consider myself a smoker...i do always get high like if i get some good nugs and i can smoke a bowl and get blazed.... but i found if i smoke off a certain strand over a period time i will maybe have to smoke a whole bowl to get high ..instead of 3 or 4 good pulls.. but i will tell u won thing i actually went bout 2 months with no herb(drug testing reasons) and i know when i smoke my tolorance gonna be low and ima be so loaded... cant wait

id like to say my tolerance does build up fairly rapidly, but it seems like no matter what if i smoke a dime to the dome im guna get fucked up. the good thing is whenever i lay off it for a while, even a short time, my tolerance drops again.. but it wont completely disappear until the ganga toxins are out of my system.

Tolerance definitely exists. I smoke at least a gram every day (usually more) and I notice that if I stop for just 1 day (I haven't in a while) my tolerance goes way down.