• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis/cannabinoid tolerance

I think tolerance is real but not to the extent that some people will try to make you believe... I find smoking after a week or so of not smoking it'll hit me harder but even if I smoke everyday - it'll never become ineffective.

Quit for 2 months. Thats what i did. Got to the point that weed couldnt even get my high after a 3 month long jwh binge. Like 0.5g a day or more. I think i went 50 something days without any cannabiniods. Now I think im back to where i use to be. Seems that way.

No I have never felt this, although I do feel that marijuana tolerance is quite unique when compared to tolerance of most other drugs.

I tend to find that tolerance of marijuana never really dramatically increases the overall amount you need to smoke to get high, it does to an extent but at a point you just get less effects from being stoned but you are smoking the same amount. I have always found after you initially get stoned then smoking more isn't really doing much for how much extra you are going through. Despite smoking for almost a decade and being a heavy smoker for a lot of that time, I don't have to smoke a great deal of bud to get stoned, but 90% of people would have a very hard time telling if I was stoned or not.

I do think the more you smoke the more you can smoke without greening out and in this sense there is an increase in tolerance, but really, it is rare and waseful for anyone to smoke to the point of greening out and this is not the norm. No amount of weed would make me feel sick these days where in my younger days I did manage to smoke to the point of feeling ill.

I also think marijuana tolerance is unique in how quickly it goes down and also the fact that it seems most heavy smokers who undergo a period of abstinence will actually be more sensitive to weed than when they first started.

I remember the first time I quit weed for a considerable period of time and when I recommencd smoking I was getting high like I was totally new to smoking again and off less than I would need when I first started. I have known many people to experience similar effects and a few to even get psychedelic effects after abstinence.

You can definately get a tolerance to weed it just is a different sort of tolerance than you develop to drugs like opioids and benzodiazepines, in my experience anyway.

I don't think most people would consider a gram a day to be low amount. I know people smoke more and good for you, I don't care. And at my peak of smoking I would be high the majority of day but no, It's not like I'd smoke 4 blunts a day everyday.
What I'm asking for is some proof. If it really exits then I'm sure people have written about it somewhere and explained how it does. I have yet to read anything.

A gram of weed a day is a pretty low amount dude, like clearly it is smoking everyday and enough to get stoned a couple of times but it is hardly 24/7 blazing being fucking perpetually stoned like a LOT of smokers are.

I would never go so far as to say I felt weed could not get me high but if you compared the high I was getting you to what most people do you could really almost say that I wasn't. It just becomes a really, really mild effect that is hard to notice and thats what I meant in my previous post when I said at a point cannabis tolerance doesn't increase the volume you smoke it just decreases the intensity of its effects.

I ain't trying to be a dick or come across like I am dicksizing my weed smoking habit with yours, because I am not. But in the scheme of things you must realise that a gram of weed in the spectrum of things is not a very large amount for a heavy smoker to go through in a day, not at all...

A gram of weed a day is a pretty low amount dude, like clearly it is smoking everyday and enough to get stoned a couple of times but it is hardly 24/7 blazing being fucking perpetually stoned like a LOT of smokers are.

I would never go so far as to say I felt weed could not get me high but if you compared the high I was getting you to what most people do you could really almost say that I wasn't. It just becomes a really, really mild effect that is hard to notice and thats what I meant in my previous post when I said at a point cannabis tolerance doesn't increase the volume you smoke it just decreases the intensity of its effects.

I ain't trying to be a dick or come across like I am dicksizing my weed smoking habit with yours, because I am not. But in the scheme of things you must realise that a gram of weed in the spectrum of things is not a very large amount for a heavy smoker to go through in a day, not at all...

What I mean by a gram a day was a full gram to myself. Me and my roommate would split the price of a oz about every 2 weeks and share it. We would people much just smoke between us or match with others. So between the two of us it would be two grams a day. Thats about 7 or eights bowls so we'd be pretty stoned through out the day. At least more often stoned than not stoned.

I know a lot of people smoke way more but I just feel like that amount would give me some type of tolerance. It definitely would for any other drug

How long does tolerance take to build up?

I've been smoking a joint almost daily for the past 6 months or so, and it's felt the same all the way through.

Sounds like you've got some good weed then.

I know if I smoke all day every day for a week or so, I'll start to notice my tolerance going up.

Consider yourself lucky. :)

thats weird, when i smoke a bowl every day for a week by the end of the week im only getting high for like an hour....

I literally can't get high if I smoke two days in a row. If I smoke two nice joints on day A, even if I smoke a total of a gram of weed on day B I can't for the life of me get any noticeable effects whatsoever. It's a bit of a bummer, but at least I know there's no addiction potential there. A lot of super grade weed went down the crapper that way though. I always assumed it had something to do with the way my body metabolizes THC, but I don't really know why.

tolerance to weed doesn't seem to make me need more weed to get off, it just doesn't last nearly as long. after a break i'll get high for a few hours off a bowl or two, after i've been smoking for a while again the smae two bowls only lasts about an hour.

Sounds like you've got some good weed then.

I know if I smoke all day every day for a week or so, I'll start to notice my tolerance going up.

Consider yourself lucky. :)

I do. I live in CO and I have my medical card.
I guess I'm lucky in a couple of ways :)

he didn't make the megathread, Yerg (or Vader, I guess he is now) merged a few threads together and named it the megathread

^That's right. No-one is allowed to make megathreads except me, Chainer and purple_cloud; if you think a topic comes up often enough that it merits a megathread, PM one of us and we'll look into it.

i think anyone who denies tolerance to weed is in denial. i have a ridiculous tolerance to it. i used to take a couple hits of mids and be retarded and now i get medicore highs that only get so good no matter how much i smoke, and the highs usually last anywhere from 5-40 min depending on the circumstances and i need to smoke more and more as the day goes on to get high. i can notice my tolerance go down a little bit sometimes and get decent highs in the morning and stuff.

now what else i have noticed thats interesting is that i seem to have no tolerance to cannabis + other drug combos. it almost seems like weed and other chemicals form a differnt chemical in your brain that you have no tolerance to. when i smoked on lsd,2ce,x,opiates,benzos,alcohol,x,etc. they seemed to enhance the effects of each other. weed has some unpredictable effects on me sometimes with psychedllics.

Marijuana tolerance?

I've been smoking weed for a fair few years, amongst other things. I've always found that no matter how much I smoke or whatever the grade is, I still get high extremely easily, a lot faster than all of my friends.

But when it comes to taking other substances, MDMA, LSD, amphetamines ect I can take copious amounts and be fine while everyone else is ready for quits. I never really understood this as the former drugs mentioned are defiantly stronger than marijuana, any insights to why I suck so much at smoking dope?

I find that my tolerance for Weed is very sensitive. I smoke literally 24-7 non stop like a chimney and I may not get high first few tokes in the morning but after half a gram or more gets done it is all good.

Drugs have different effects on different people, sometimes the effects are very noticeably different.

I find that to lose my tolerance *completely* I need to cut down smoking to once every 2-3 weeks.