• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Combinations of cannabis with other drugs

Madhatter4

Bluelighter
This seems to be the fashionable topic du jour, so here's another new megathread, this time about combining weed with other drugs (medicinal or recreational). I hope that there will be lots of insightful and revealing discussion, however, I think I can summarise everything that's going to be said:
Weed makes psychedelics and dissociatives more intense.
Some people like combining stims with weed, but many find it causes paranoia/anxiety.
Downers combine nicely, but you need to be careful not to slip into using them all the time and becoming addicted.
Cannabis combined with SSRIs or MAOIs is not known to present any dangers.

Anyway, please keep combo questions to this thread.

Vader

Ever time I smoke herb I get very paranoid and edgy. I was thinking of possibly taking a moderate dosage of Xanax before I toke up. So what do you people think of this idea? Any advice good/bad/neutral would be greatly appreciated:)

Last edited by a moderator:
VERY BAD idea IMO. Take a highly addictive drug so you can handle the effects of a much milder drug....is stupid. Not only do you run the risk of developing addiction to Xanax, but also a 'fake' addiction to weed. I would be asking why I get nervous/edgy when I smoke...or I wouldn't smoke.

Yes, if you don't get enjoyable effects from pot why are you smoking it? When pot started making me really paranoid and anxious, I quit for a long time. Then when I came back to pot I was able to really enjoy it. Maybe a break is in order?

hell yeah xanax guarantees a panic free high from smokin rope. i asked if it works with shrooms but like always people never respond to me. its like im a ghost up in here sometimes....

^Xanax will reduce anxiety on shrooms, but it will also significantly dampen the mental effects.

Dont get me wrong I really enjoy the feeling of being high on herb..... I was just wondering if xanax could help nullify the negative effects of this substance

I know how it is when your high gets to be a double edge sword. It's like, you're still high with your senses increased and you've got the buzz, but your mind just keeps getting tripped up in negative things. Xanax worked wonders for me when I used to be anxious or paranoid when smokin. I could relax into the high and didn't have to worry about... well, worrying! Just don't take the xanax everyday obviously, that is unless you want to become addicted hehe

Oh, and this combo is pretty likely to send you to dreamland if you don't stay active

Last edited:
I'd say keep the xanax dose low and don't use it as a preventative measure, use it as-needed.

yea idk if id do this. if you do it though, take a very mild dose.

try drinkin a beer or two when you smoke

zigzag| dta said:
try drinkin a beer or two when you smoke

=D But not with xanax.

Shit, though, if you can control the amount of xanax you eat then I say go for it. Just remember that benzo's are extremely addicting and the withdrawals are like Hell.

Personally, I wouldn't take Xanax just to mellow out a weed high, but for somebody with a huge sense of self-control it could work.

^ word

jibult said:
but for somebody with a huge sense of self-control it could work.

definately! Do YOU have what it takes? ;)

(and by YOU, I mean everybody reading)

Last edited:
absolutely lovely imo. Totally kicks in the pill and just makes it all feel that much better.

There is much better stuff you could take to relax than getting hooked on Xanax. It's a much stronger drug, with more side effects than a simple weed enhancer.

It's a great great combination...but you don't wanna end up having to dump Xanax every time you smoke.

Also...I've been a daily smoker for about 2 to 2 a half years over the past four...every day for the last year and a half. I find that weed enhances whatever it is you're already feeling. It's better to just work out whatever it is that the weed is bringing out that causes your anxiety and dealing with it.

As you keep smoking, you need a stronger mind-set to cope with the inevitable bouts of anxiety. Realise NOW that you're probably smoking at the wrong time, or too much, or are escaping/putting off doing something else.

I've taken benzos to cope with the anxiety...alcohol...meth to stop the fatigue...pills to stop the depression. All so I could keep smoking at all the wrong times.

Thank god I finally woke up and realised I just needed to stop smoking for a while...that anxiety was a natural sign from my body to chill out.

Sorry for rambling...I've just been there, and know how one thing leads to another.

Trust me...

LOL just try heroin..

No srsly, just eat like 1/2 mg xanax, 5-10 mg valium, 1 mg klonopin or any other equivlent dose of a benzodiazeapine. Diphenhydramaine (benedryl) might help and is easier to get.

And yes benzos are addictive, but it takes several months to take hold unless your taking rediculously high doses. I took 1-2 mg a day for almost 2 months straight and never felt any withdrawls.. next to nothing, literally.

zigzag| dta said:
personally i think beer and xanax go great togeter

I said not with Xanax in the spirit of harm reduction.

I love the combination of weed, beer and benzo's, but I also know that I can't drive for shit or behave normally in public while intoxicated with the 3. For someone new to the combo, they may not know that beer + benzo's = blackout a majority of the time.