• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cooking with Cannabis

Check on the previous page.... I have given a bit of an explanation as to why it wont really work...

the only way it might work is if you were to eat the mull while its in the tea (ie dont strain the tea)... but then it would be heaps nicer just to cook up some brownies or something instead

For those who hate the taste...

Here is a tip for those who hate the taste of weed. Make some butter using the boiling meathod & use it in Kraft Mac & cheese. I HATE the tase, but it masks it pretty well!

Eating Cannabis

I have always wanted to try EATING cannabis, but have never been sure fo the amount I would need or how long it could take to feel it. On one occasion I tried making weed tea.

All I did was take 2 or 3 medium size buds (whatever seemed enough to fill a teabag) ground it all up VERY finely, dumped the tea out and put the weed in, and tied it off with the string. I let it steep for about 8 mins before I started drinking it, and left the teabag in. I didnt put anything else in because I wanted to be able to tast the flavor of the bud.

It smelled very good, and tasted very nice as well, it wasnt a very strong marijuana taste, but still noticeable. About 20 - 30 mins later, I noticed i felt very very relaxed and could feel great warm waves going throughout my body. it was an enjoyable experience for sure. I'm going to try it again soon.

Afterwards, I was left with a soaking teabag filled with weed... I opened it and decided to save in a small pill bottle. I wanted to see if any THC was still in the plant. I had one hell of a time drying it out, considering it sat in that pill bottles for about 5 days before I looked at it again, and even longer after I kept trying to dry it ( the bottle kept most of the moisture in ) I had the most sucess by scaping all the weed out of the container, and placing in between some papertowels and pressing it down between a clamp. It was still wet, and was a bitch to smoke. I had to hold the flame on the bowl almost the whole time I was taking a draw. It also tasted very nasty. There was about 2g of finely chopped bud that went in the tea bag and I did all of it at once through a pipe.

I guess there was still THC in it, because halfway through the third bowl or so, I could feel it, and even moreso when I finished. Not as good as usual, and i burned out rather quickly. hehe.

So, after sidetracking the entire topic of this post, does anyone have any good methods they have tried themselves that have worked when eating marijuana? please list how much you used, the quality, the "recipie", body weight, and how long it took to feel it.

Very much appreciated
Thanks,
-Fil

1st Time eating weed....

Now Im a fairly experienced Pot Head (where I come from its a privilage not a right to be considered one). Ive toked with the best of em, Im unusually used to commercial so peoples on strains might have me licked but like I said I can hold my own when it comes to meh mary. Anyway Im stressin this point for a reason.

So the other day this kid my lil bro knows is chillin with his boy. We were hungry so we ordered a pizza, and the kid meh bro knows had some herbage roughly 3 oz's. The idea of tryin out pot on food comes into play. So this kid agrees to try it and takes like 1/2 oz breaks it up cleans it. We chop it up real fine, almost like a powder. Pizza comes and its hot as hell, so we pick up peices lift the cheese and put about 15 grms of finely chopped herb on the pizza, cover it with cheese let it cool a bit and eat. Now the bud was chopped so fine it kind of got absorbed into the sauce oddly enough it gave the pizza an oregano type of taste. I was so surprised I didnt taste the weed as much as I thought I would. Each person ate about 2 peices and each peice had ALOT of herb on it, enough to turn the sauce from red to green with red under it hehehe.

Anyway the hard part is done, we are all sittin around and feel the buzz come on. I must say it came on a bit different from smoking. It was a smoother onset and didnt just smack me in the face. Anyway we seperated, buzzing hard as hell about 1.5 hrs after eating it. Next thing I know Im fucked up so badly it wasnt funny. OMG I dont think Ive been so high off of regs, I swear to god I was so highit wasnt even funny. All I could is lay on my couch thinkin whoa Im fucked up watching comedy central laughing my ass off.

Only thing I didnt like about it was it made my stomach hurt like hell, and I had indigestion like a mofo. I do think I will try it again but with the aid of pepcid or somethign to that effect. BTW I was high a good 4+ hrs not like smoking where It dont last half as long. Pizza + Weed = Shit Faced Stoned

LOL Have fun and remember my name aint skip!!

Trippie J

Question about bud butter

I know that there has been much discussion on bluelight about cooking and making bud butter but I have heard conflicting information about how much butter to use and how long to saute it. I only want to cook 4 grams into butter so do I need to use a lot of butter? And how long do I heat it for? thanks.

eeuh, well it really depends. for 4 grams of good weed use (to be totally sure all the thc get's in the butter) from anywhere between 30 or 100 grams of butter. how more butter, how more thc can be absorbed, cooking has to be done for a long time, it usually takes somewhere from 20 minutes to an hour. this is what my friends and i usually do, one of them just made some from 10 grams weed and 5 grams of leaves in 100/150 grams of butter, it'll work fine.

and, there is a mega thread on cooking with cannabis, ask all of your cannabis related recipe questions overthere. :)

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103563

Re: 1st Time eating weed....

TrippieJ said:
Only thing I didnt like about it was it made my stomach hurt like hell, and I had indigestion like a mofo. I do think I will try it again but with the aid of pepcid or somethign to that effect. BTW I was high a good 4+ hrs not like smoking where It dont last half as long. Pizza + Weed = Shit Faced Stoned

LOL Have fun and remember my name aint skip!!

Trippie J

Thats why I often said I am not keen to use commerical sourced buds... you have no idea where the buds have been thru, and might have pick up some shit and give you upset stomach... I rather eat weed from my own crop ("if I was growing") or my trusted mate's gardens......and I never get upset stomach from trusted growers. ;)

Whole-milk (Vitamin D), in a double boiler. In fact, maybe even on a normal boiler mixed with some water at just a simmering temperature. Mix in a suitable amount of bud, chopped finely, for between one to two doses. After simmering and stirring for a suitable amount of time, strain and save the milk (the goal is to keep it at a low enough temperature with a suitable amount of bud so that you absorb the thc before you curdle the milk).

Mix the canna-milk (haha...new term?) half and half with some of that water based chai tea like oregon chai, or with simply chai black tea. The taste is divine, and its a liquid infusion of the marijuana.

It tastes, and seems, very Indian. Its pretty much the poor american version of Bhang.

weed butter life?

A friend of mine just made some weed butter and didnt use all of it and put it in the fridge. Now it is hard and firm like butter again. He took it out and now its slowly getting softer as it comes use to the warm room temperature.

Where should he be keeping this and how long is it going to last if it isnt already ruined?

it should last as long as normal butter. I would keep it in the fridge until you use it, and i wouldnt wait too long to use it.
But it will last as long as normal butter, so if your not going to use it put it back in the fridge

i keep my cannabutter in freezer in single serves.....last way longer than in the fridge ;) just take the cannabutter out of the freezer abd put in the fridge when you plan to whip up some stuff on the day to defrost ;)

urgent! hash butter. using no heat?

to make hash butter must you use heat to able the thc so soak up in the butter? i have no lighter to crumble the hash so I cannot smoke it nor crumble the weed into butter. I can't heat the hash and butter mix because my parents are in.

Can anyone shed any light?

Say if i were to just finely chop up the hash into powder and mix it with lots of butter would it still work? would the effects but lesser? I haven't got much tac.

OH, and another idea. would it work if i used hash butter heated in the microwave? of would this kill the thc

it would kind of melt real bad but would it work?

IF ONLY I HAD A BLOODY LIGHTER

Last edited:
What's the problem here? You want to get high? Just eat the hash. Works perfectly.

Medical Marijuana Tea

I read some of the post where butter, or honey oil
is used to make an efficient base for MJ tea, but
my question is, will the effects of MJ still work
if only water is used which includes the comsumption
of the powdered buds?

a friend of mine has advanced stages of
cancer and is under meds that make
him nauseas. everytime he eats, he throws up
afterwards and he's not even taking chemotheraphy.

he never did MJ in his life, or anything else, after
some thinking i figured that maybe a THC fix would
help alleviate his pain and restore some of his
appetite or maybe retract some of the tumours in
his body. (i found these facts through my phase
of medical MJ research)

Thanks for any info

Last edited:
i cooked up some canna-oil on saturday to use in cooking brownies. it worked quite well and got us plenty smashed.
the recipe asked for a quater cup of oil (60ml) so i worked out the figures and decided a bit over 2grams would be sufficient. and it was.
i just chopped it all up, then chopped it all up again and again until it was well fine. got the oil to a medium heat in a pan and sprinkled the weed in, kept stirring for 10 or so minutes and increased the heat to an optimal point. the main thing is to keep stirring or the weed will burn.
once the oil turned green i took it off the heat and strained it into a coffee cup, leaving a nice clump of crap. discarded the crap and made the brownie mix as per instructions.
my terrible baking skills meant the brownies were a failure in presentation, but they did the job of getting us smashed all saturday/saturday night and last night.

tech team.s said:
i cooked up some canna-oil on saturday to use in cooking brownies. it worked quite well and got us plenty smashed.

In your opinion, is it easier/quicker to make canna-oil over canna-butter? i wanna get high tonight, but really don't want to wait hours for the butter to simmer.

Also, what do u mean by "straining" it into a cup?

It's quicker to make canna-oil, but compared to how I make cannabutter only by about 30-40 minutes. I've had nothing but wicked results from cooking the butter and weed for 40-50 minutes, hence why i've seen no point to keep it simmering for hours.
For canna-oil follow this and you'll be sweet:
-Roughly I go by 1/4 of an ounce to a cup of oil (240ml). Then just work out
the figures by however much oil the recipe asks for.
-Chop the weed as fine as possible, grinders are best but scissors work.
-Put the oil in a pan over medium heat and let it sit for a couple of minutes, but
not too long.
-Then spinkle in the weed whilst stirring. Keep stirring and as minutes pass
slowly raise the heat until it's at an optimal point. You'll know when this is,
just don't let it smoke, if this happens it's too hot!
-Keep it on the heat until the oil looks greenish, using a tea spoon to put a
droplet on the kitchen bench should show the colour.
-Remove it from the heat and pour (strain) the oil and green goo into a
cup/bowl via a very fine strainer, stocking or cheesecloth.
-Squeeze the glob of crap in the strainer (careful it's hot!) to drain the last
drops of oil.

Wallah, you have canna-oil. Now just add it to your recipe as per directions.
If you're organised the whole thing should only take about 20-30 minutes.
Also, don't be scared by a 1/4 of an ounce to a cup of oil. If you only have a small amount of weed just look for a recipe that uses a small amount of oil. The same applies for canna-butter, my recipes have always worked fine using 1/8 of an ounce of bud (keep in mind it is nice dank) to a stick of butter (500g).
Goodluck mate I hope you get nice and high :)

naive dose gauging question on behalf or a friend:

what is the approximate ratio between an oral dose and a smoked dose for equivalant effects (but not duration)?

ebola

will my house smell?

I i were to cook up some cannabis, like fry it with some butter in a pan, will it give off any kind of cannabis oder?