• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis

whippa craka

Bluelighter
Is this normal?

Another new megathread! This time it's for all questions about unusual effects from cannabis. Next time you're about to start a thread asking whether or not anyone else gets *insert unusual effect* when stoned, post it here instead please. There are megathreads for some of the more common uncommon effects.
[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed
[MEGA]Anxiety/Paranoia
To those who cannot handle weed

Vader

Ive done MDMA and shrooms before, as well as drink alot. I have gotten fucked up plenty of times. It feels like weed fucks me up alot more then it should though, does anybody else feel like this? I read about people smoking weed and almost not feeling anything... If I smoke too much (Fat blunt by myself) i am literally almost like "WTF is going on". Sound normal or is there a such thing as a low THC tolerance?

EDIT: Now being a daily smoker I know it is simply a tolerance issue. If you follow my thread here: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/594650-To-those-who-cannot-handle-weed you can can see there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Low THC tolerance + good weed = that feeling.

If you like it, it is amazing, if you don't it can be very uncomfortable.

I definitely feel that a lot man and as kaywholed mentioned some people like it which I definitely do. Like I can't say it literally messes me up like alcohol does where I can't drive a car, it's more like I'm driving a car but I just don't know where the fuck I am and the concept of cars just blows my mind, shit like that. What I've found that helps is instead of focusing so much on how you feel and if it's normal or not just let your mind wander and get lost in your thoughts and enjoy it.

Weed don affect me like that mate, are you sure its weed and not a synthetic strain? How long have you been smoking for and how often?

To me i just get to a certain level and then thats where i stay, im able to get serious in a second if i need to.

With bud we are all different. I find that if you have a problem when your high your mind can 'overthink' the situation and make everything seem harder, foolish, or sometimes 2 damn daunting to do! The trick is when you get these over exagerated thoughts just remind yourself 'i have just smoked weed- a side effect of weed is paranoia- so i am probably just being paranoid due to the weed- stop bein a div and get up and sort the problem! lol

the only bad thing i find is i can get ratty/moody when i coming off it.

ps if one spliff to yourself is getting you 'too high' then put less weed in it :) should be problem sorted! wish i could do that lol :) and also what tobacco do you mix it with, i stopped using any of the main brands, and switched to a readily availible additive free tobacco a couple of years back (pure tobacco, no chemicals/preservatives that are used in nearly every tobacco nowadays and that have a nasty effect on your body look into it its crazy!) and i can still remember how much difference there was in the high that i got, now i truely know what smoking a spliff should feel like, without smoking a mixture of chemicals too

Last edited:
Ive smoked plenty. Casually over the span of two years with random binges of 2-3 weeks straight. I guess it doesnt affect me as much anymore but some people just seem like it affects them less. I have also seen people that can barely take more then a couple tokes. So I guess im in the middle :)

Ya dude weed fucks me up too alot more then it does other people. I have done thizz shrooms along with drink alot too.I can tell you just cause you have gotten fucked up on other substances does not mean weed would do less to you. Thc is it's own substance. It's like saying " dude I drink everyday and I poped a thizz and rolled balls isn't that weird?"

You should feel lucky that you experience weed like that. You should try taking hit by hit. Take one hit and you should feel something without all that mind fuck paranoia shit. And if you do get that, it won't be as bad as it is after you have takin say 10 rips off your jay. Your thoughts would be very controllable,there for having a relaxed high.

So when you learn to do that take a hit so those feelings can come on without being so strong, then try and contoll them and tell yourself I'm just being paranoid, no need to do this to myself. And they should go away. So once thy go away you should take another hit if you want to keep your high goin and after the second rip you shouldent even be feeling any paranoia because you just got over it after the first rip. Hope that made since to you. That's what I do when weed seems to be doing that to me....and btw I smoke everyday so know that you don't get these feelings because you are an inexperienced toker(not saying you are because Idk if you are or not). All though I have heard that some people only gor paranoid when they first started there smoking habit.

Weed can be very intense.

Well, it is for me at least, which is why I've never done anything 'stronger'. It never occurred to me that it doesn't necessarily mean something more potent would have a worse effect.

Well, it is for me at least, which is why I've never done anything 'stronger'. It never occurred to me that it doesn't necessarily mean something more potent would have a worse effect.

Ecstacy is pretty easy to handle, I'd say. Opiates too.

Other drugs are easy to handle. Ex is just a great feeling and shrooms I'll just laugh alot. I guess im just smokin too much. I just hate the confused feeling.

Other drugs are easy to handle. Ex is just a great feeling and shrooms I'll just laugh alot. I guess im just smokin too much. I just hate the confused feeling.

Me personally, I think shrooms might be one of the hardest to handle, that and salvia, major mindfucks...
For me, I got naked and ran around like a wildman naked playing with my dick, I got fucked by the shrooms I tell ya.

You could have high anxiety or stress that is exacerbated by weed. Usually that anxious and dazed feeling passes after a few minutes and you should just feel relaxed.

Smoke less, or be in a comfortable environment when you do smoke.

You could have high anxiety or stress that is exacerbated by weed. Usually that anxious and dazed feeling passes after a few minutes and you should just feel relaxed.

Smoke less, or be in a comfortable environment when you do smoke.

Now that I think of it. Every time ive felt that way it was because I was around parents or another figures house. Not even feeling of terrible paranoia, but it was just annoying.

I think the strength of good marijuana is generally underrated, and those of us who get stronger effects usually can't convince other potheads... cause they are so closed-minded.
From a subjective standpoint, marijuana can fuck me up more than tobacco, alcohol, speed (taken orally), and benzodiazepines.

From an objective standpoint, benzodiazepines can fuck you up more than any weed can.

After two years of marijuana abuse, it doesn't fuck me up much anymore. Although benzodiazepines don't fuck me up much either.

I think the strength of good marijuana is generally underrated, and those of us who get stronger effects usually can't convince other potheads... cause they are so closed-minded.
From a subjective standpoint, marijuana can fuck me up more than tobacco, alcohol, speed (taken orally), and benzodiazepines.

From an objective standpoint, benzodiazepines can fuck you up more than any weed can.

After two years of marijuana abuse, it doesn't fuck me up much anymore. Although benzodiazepines don't fuck me up much either.

potheads are closed minded? lol

please tell me what are benzo's what u use them 4 etc i hear a lot of people reccomend them, they a legal 'medicine'?

Benzo's are a type of pharmaceutical drug. Common ones go by the brand names Valium (Diazepam), Xanax (Alprazolam) and Ativan (Lorazepam) to name a few. They are definitely not legal without prescription and are physically addictive.

As for the topic. I have definitely been there before. I find if I get REALLY stoned and I've got something stressful on my mind, I get very panicky and feel much more "fucked up". Same deal as major psychedelics though I guess, if there's nothing on my mind I'm fine when I get super blazed.