• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis

my hubby used to be like this when we first got together he used to roll a single for the morning the night before wake up have it then would manage to get up for a coffee and breakfast, only once he reduced how much he was taking on a daily basis did he feel less sick in the morning. Personally I have never felt this. we have really cut down on how much we have and keep it only for once the kids are not here and he no longer has the sicky feeling in the morning at all.
might be worth trying a couple of nights without it and see how you are in the morning, maybe reduce the time before going to bed to see if it helps in the morning.

people's body's are changing all the time! if you have had a checkup latley and this "not eating as much" hasn't effected your health in a negative way..i wouldn't look much into it.
I have had stomach and gi issues all my life to the point where some baby food and cream of rice was all i could eat and i barely could eat that..
Smoking didn't help but i did find that opiods made it so my stomach didn't hurt and i could eat.

If it is effecting you in a negative way it is time to cut things out of your diet,change some habits, and seek out help and do research, tons of it.

Hey

If you have been smoking weed on the regular, from my experience, you will definately notice a decrease in appetite even when your high and especially when your sober.

MY friends also have the same problem. So im thinkin its pretty common.

I guess its just what weed does to a person in the long run

The protein shake was a good suggestion

simple slow down on you pot smoking its the same with me but only on weekends for some reason.I've got myself into a habbit it used to be every day before i started working....try eating some fruit or somthing in the morning to get you belly going.Do you work? cos i know when i dident work i was sleeping into 1-3 each day and not eating til like 7:30ish its not health man.....

I know how you feel. I'm visiting family and I couldn't bring any herb with so my appetite is tiny. I suggest just eating less because it's no fun forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry. For example, if you normally eat 2 pancakes in the morning just try eating one or even half. Also drinking any liquid will help the stomach growls, drink more than you normally would to make up for the food. My other suggestion would be to smoke some weed but it's not always an option. If you're quitting it wil go away in a couple weeks.

OP, I have some similar issues, although I'm guessing my body chemistry is a bit different than yours.First of all, I'm female. I'm about 120 lbs now (only about 5'2, so short also), and when I was in highschool I was about 170 lbs (I'm in my early 20s now). Anxiety tends to make me not eat. Due to some life circumstances a few years ago, I dropped 30 lbs all at once, and the other 20 at some point before it. Since this weight loss, my appetite sucks. And I'm blaming pot for it --- I normally don't feel hungry unless I smoke first. When I'm at home visiting family I have a very hard time eating during the day, but I generally have a hard time eating when I'm anxious, stoned or not.

So, what I've been doing now is trying to force myself to eat BEFORE I smoke. Like, I won't allow myself to smoke pot if I haven't eaten yet that day (unless I have my period which causes some ungodly nausea). After sort of retraining myself to do this for a while, I seem to be able to eat more and more food without the help of pot...I've been working on it for quite some time though, and after getting so used to pot helping my appetite out, it's a little strange. Plus, I used to be fat so I'm guessing I also need less food now than I used to as well. On days where I'm very anxious, or for some reason have no access to pot/benzos (if I take a benzo I'll get hungry when it kicks in, since the basis of my loss of appetite is an anxiety issue I think) I will try to have some chocolate milk, or carnation instant breakfast --- something along the lines of the protein shakes others have suggested. That way, I'm still getting some calories in, and your stomach won't make those odd sounds if you can manage to get something thicker than water down. I've been told that if you've been crying/just very upset, it's okay to go a couple days with almost no food, but just make sure you are staying hydrated at all times...since the body can survive without food but not without water.

So, to summarize --- start trying to eat BEFORE you smoke, and not letting yourself eat after you do. Also, any of those high calorie and nutrient shakes will help your body get what it needs. As I said, our chemistry is a bit different since I'm female and previously was overweight, but I do think weed is causing the problem (been using it daily for about 7-8 yrs now, so I barely remember a time without it). Since weed actually helps my anxiety, I think anxiety could have something to do with it as well.

I have the same problem, except I only have it seriously until 1 or 2 in the afternoon (I'm pretty nauseous in the morning and I don't have an appetite until 6 or 7 at night, but I can eat), and I usually get out of bed around 10 or 11. I too have a fast metabolism, I weigh between 130 and 140 pounds and I'm 6 feet tall. I've always been thin though, and I'm in quite good health.

I usually just force myself to eat a little bit of food because I also always drink tea (or sometimes coffee) in the mornings and if I drink tea/coffee without eating my stomach will hurt.

I find it's easiest to eat liquidy foods like yogurt or apple sauce, and also fruit like grapefruit, bananas, blueberries and the like. Other people have been saying protein shakes, and I guess that's a good idea but I've never been into drinking most protein shakes when my stomach feels fine, let alone when it doesn't.

Usually I'll eat a yogurt and some fruit, or cereal with soy milk and some fruit along with tea and orange juice before leaving the house at 1:00, and then eat better when I return (I smoke and then eat after getting home around 5 usually, because I still don't have an appetite). I often smoke before eating in the mornings as well, depending on how rested I feel, but I guess that's not great advice.

I don't know man, I'm kind of the same way, and I've been smoking for about 11 years now. It doesn't always happen, but sometimes if I don't get enough sleep (e.g. go to bed at 1 am have to get up at 6 am), I'll be nauseous in the morning until I smoke (or after an hour or so if I don't smoke), and I have to be careful with my first smoke, because if I hit it too hard and cough, it may make me "puke"---usually just a dry heave, I try not to eat before bed anyway. Like I said though, it's not ALL the time, and it's not that bad either, but I'm pretty sure it's something that started after I became a regular weed smoker. The only idea I have is that, since I started smoking regularly, it effected my sinuses a bit, as I get a bit of phlegm every now and then (but I don't smoke cigs). I think that the act of swallowing some of this phlegm throughout the night can cause nausea, but it doesn't seem like I'm congested enough, on the regular, to where it should be a problem.

i doubt its the weed. the whole morning nausea reports are typically from people that spend every waking moment of their life high, there for their stomach needs the weed to settle it, first thing in the morning. if you really want to see if its the weed, take a break.

this happens to me ONLY when I get super high the night before and wake up early.

i doubt its the weed. the whole morning nausea reports are typically from people that spend every waking moment of their life high, there for their stomach needs the weed to settle it, first thing in the morning. if you really want to see if its the weed, take a break.

Heh, I think you guys might be onto something, there.

I think its probably the weed causing your problem just because I know a lot of people who this happens to including me and whenever I quit smoking right away it goes away within 2 or 3 day. I'm usually going through about 2 gram of high quality a day when it happens. I think its just cause weed messes with your appetite and general digestive system a lot. Usually when this morning nastiness is happening I also cannot eat a solid meal unless I've smoked a decent amount of weed. I dont feel sick during the day, just not at all hungry till I smoke.

yes, this same things has happened to me and I smoke my weed everynight before i go to bed

well one night I got high and eat 3/4 of a roast beef and a bunch of other shit. woke up with sever nausea and thought my appendix need to be taken out. No it did not, I just ate way to much before I went to bed because of that indica purple kush.

Also if your smoking that much I would suggest a bong to conserve weed or a vape even better. I mean if your smoking alone in your house..why not.

I will leave this open for now, but there are many, many threads about this topic. It has been suggested that you take a break, and see where that gets you.

Drugs effect everyone differently. I personally suggest you experiment. Drop cannabis cold turkey - see where that gets you. Nobody has ever died from it. If it becomes such an issue that you become overly dehydrated or cannot hold down water, then smoke. Personally, if you do get any W/D symptoms, I suggest powering through them for the sake of knowledge - if you make it past 3 days and you still get morning sickness.... maybe your preggo?... but really, it's probably sometime else if you are still getting sick after a break.

This happens to me if I eat a whole bunch and don't let it digest before going to sleep. Are you munching our hardcore before going to bed? If you are, give yourself at least an hour before hitting the hay. If not than I don't know man. I highly highly doubt it has anything to do with the weed though. Especially if you've been smoking for a year without any problem.

THis sounds like the most plausible conclusion.

If you don't eat within an hour of waking up, your metabolism struggles to "get going." im willing to bet it is a digestive issue completely independent of marijuana. getting high will put a band aid on the pain, but in no way would it cause or cure it. and there are no physical withdrawal symptoms, its simply your brain doing what needs to be done, in a sense

strange effects from cannabis

I am an experienced smoker and have been smoking weed for about two and a half years now with great effects. Not once have i had a bad experience from it and have always enjoyed my experiences no matter what the situation. However, a couple of days ago, i had a negative experience that is hard to describe. I smoked a couple bowls with my buddy at his place, and as i was heading home, i was getting full blown visuals kinda like from when i first started. there was an interesting brief moment that i felt like my mind was leaving my body. The best way i can describe it is a loss of feeling in my hands and feet, and a wave feeling that washed over my body that i can only describe as feeling like i was "dying". I decided to follow up on this experience and i smoked a couple bowls with my buddies a day ago. The same feeling happened, but more intense, with full visuals and a strange body high. My hands and feet were extremely cold and i felt like i was being "sucked" away. I had strange tunnel vision and everything seemed to have a strange aura. I do not usually have panic attacks so im not sure if that was exactly what was happening. also, both the times i smoked was from the same strain, it may have been just the weed. The last time i had a trip that was like a normal high and had positive effects was literally less than a week ago. So my question is, if these are anxiety/panic attacks, how can i combat this? Has anything like this been reported before? I have read that if you take a break for a couple weeks it seems to help. However, i have been smoking less over the past few months and my trips have gotten pretty intense, but nothing abnormal or negative. (except for these past two experiences of course). Also, i have started working shifts at 4 am. Could it be a sleep pattern effect? Lastly, the day of my second negative experience i came down with a pretty bad cold, could that have any effect as well? (it usually hasn't had any effect in the past, however this is a pretty bad cold) Any input would be greatly appreciated :)