• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Idiosyncratic/Unusual Responses to Cannabis

i dont think that was a panic attack. panic attacks are really fucking horrible.

It sounds like your blood pressure is dropping and you're getting a head rush. It's more noticeable when you stand up after sitting down for a while, and perfectly normal. Watch out, you can pass out and fall over if it gets too intense however.

It sounds like your blood pressure is dropping and you're getting a head rush. It's more noticeable when you stand up after sitting down for a while, and perfectly normal. Watch out, you can pass out and fall over if it gets too intense however.

Ain't that the truth - be careful of this or at least get accustomed to it. Quite often when I smoke I'll be sitting down then stand up, only to come near-blackout. If you EVER feel like this just get on the ground, quick. It will help you avoid passing out and if you do at least you're already on the ground.

hmm thats probably what it is it definitely feels like a normal head rush but more intense. But the weird thing is head rushes for me dont usually last long, and my last experience lasted a good ten to twenty minutes (tunnel vision weird body high)

sounds like some dodgy weed 2 me, or you just threw a whitey :) most people have thrown whiteys from time 2 time, and 2 1/2 years smokin weed isnt that long really so could be possible whitey. Did your mate experience the same? was it bud 4 certain, not salvia?

oh yeah it definitely wasn't salvia and my buddies didnt seem to feel the same effects. it is highly possible i could have threw a whitey, but my buddy who procured said weed always gets good strains. Ill try a lower dose and a different strain and see how that works out. thanks for everyones advice this helps me out alot :)

sounds to me like youre having oxygen to the brain issues this happens to me when I smoke A TON and then pig out on a bunch of food. My theory is that I'm actually not breathing enough air because my lungs are fatigued from smoking so much and they cant expand properly because my stomach is so full, so I dont get oxygen to my brain and I more or less pass out/feint. One time in highschool I got really stoned and ate a bunch of mcdonalds, then went to go play music with my friends, I play saxophone, as soon as I started blowing into it I got intense tunnel vision which turned into full on black out basically crumpled and hit the floor for a few seconds, my friends were super surpised when I told them I was just really stoned and full of food and I feinted, they thought I had take something heavy and overdosed.

havent smoked in like 2 weeks so i honestly dont rlly rmmbr what being high really feels like, but yeah when i first started smoking i was smoking with this really experienced group of stoners and i remember taking like 2 bong rips and id be like going nuts, and theyd take like 5 or 6 and wld b completly fine, overtime ull get better and pot will b more enjoyable to u, infrequent smoking though n then that huge indulge into it causes me to be like wtf is going on

Lmao I wish I got like that. Nowadays I smoke more joints in a day than cigarettes and all it does is make me hungry, and a bit happier. None of that "mindfuck" or "dreamy" feeling, or any of the "what the fuck is happening" shit hahaha, those were the good times...

I'm really surprised at all the people with stomach problems-just like mine!
Mine started about 1 1/2 yrs ago just out of nowhere. I thought it was the flu or something so just waited it out-still waiting!
I've lost about 40lbs & am now bat 110-115lbs & am 5'7". I was never over weight to begin with. I do love that I'm pencil thin & can wear anything! Skinny jeans & boots
Anyway, fast forward from blood tests, lower abdominal CT scan. I am severly anemic & my body is not making enough blood? Dr says eat, I say I can't!! So that's where we stand.
Over the holidays, my daughter visited & brought some weed. I stopped smoking over 10 yrs ago because of paranoia. But she had some mellow stuff & got me high. Only I didn't get hungry! But wow, was I relaxed!! The she came up with "ask the Dr for a prescription!". Ok, what the heck right!
So I go to Dr & he is still upset with me for not wanting a colonoscopy....then I mention the marijuana & eating & he said "worth a shot. Not getting to root of problem tho". Yeah yeah-He writes out the recommendation & I go in search of how to do this!
My precious little snob town has 2 smoke shops, no dispensaries (might bring a bad element)Ahhhh, ignorance!
The next town is 3minutes away & has a million clubs! But they're a little ghetto & I don't want to hang out & get high, I can drive high!! So I find a dispensary & they were so cool!
I told the budtender what I wanted to feel, how I didn't want to feel. He said sativas I should avoid if I get paranoid. Indica is the way to go.
Can I eat? Nada, can I relax & sleep like a baby, ohh yeah!
Since then, my stomach still kills, but I can sleep. A great tradeoff to me. Plus, I found a killer delivery dispensary, with the greatest prices!!!
Sweet!!
; )

Could also be a mental thing. For instance - strong emotions that have been ingnored, unexperessed since childhood can bring psychological and physical problems on later in life.

Try chocolate milk if you can't handle the protein shakes. Hope you feel better soon.

You're worried about losing weight? I wish I was you. I used to be very 'athletic' and muscular but then let myself go and now look like a complete fat slob.

I know daily herb smokers who have this issue when they stop smoking.

I know it sucks but force yourself to eat when you're not high.

What did the doctor tell you?

If it's a big problem and you can't deal with it in another way, I know many people who have had success taking mirtazapine to stimulate their appetite. I take it myself, and it's probably what accounts for my massive weight gain over the years.

Dr is stumped, but I also cannot afford alot of icky tests nor do I want to.
Most women who see me say the same thing as you AF-and it's great being a size 6 & shrinking, but I don't feel well! If I felt good, then I wouldn't have posted.
I was just surprised to see how many others feel like I do with food.
Thanks everyone!!
Debbie

same with me if I'm smoking a bunch you gotta slow it down or it wont go away

Most likely a side effect from Cannabis! Had friends of whom this exact issue has happened to.

Basically, you are only eating when you're high and that is when your metabolism is at its fastest. So, the energy you are consuming is being burnt up whilst high and not really giving you enough energy to sustain muscle growth/fat build up.

Then, once you fall asleep (Sleeping actually burns A LOT of energy) your body is more or less eating into its own fat stores. So finally once you wake up, your stomach is already small and you have a psychological association with only eating whilst stoned. Due to your stomach being so small, your brain will be past the hunger period and that's where your slight nausea will be coming from and it won't be until you smoke again that you will want to eat.

Here is my advice coming from a Nurse who is a regular toker.

#1 As already stated get yourself some extremely energy dense protein. Not just 100% whey protein...get something that has decent amounts of Carbs along with the protein. I.e: Something around a 50/50 ratio

#2 FORCE yourself to eat breakfast right after getting up!!! This is A MUST. You need to fill your stomach early to replenish the energy that has been lost overnight and also to allow your brain to properly realize when your stomach is getting empty so it'll trigger the hunger response.

#3 If you want to put on weight, you need to eat more than just 3 square meals a day. This is where the protein comes in. Try to have a good 2-3 servings a day. Once shortly after breakfast but before dinner. Once after lunch but before dinner. And finally, not long before you go to bed. Also try getting some good snacks like muesli bars and the like.

#4 Join the gym or take up a high energy activity like running or cycling to keep you wanting to eat.

#5 Lay off smoking weed all day everyday. Save it for the evening. Would be better to cut back a lot more, but it's not realistic to a lot of regular tokers.

#6 FORCE YOURSELF TO EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish ya all the best mate :)

cut back on the bud a bit.
i experienced the same thing back when i was a total pot head.
was having like 5 seshes a day for months and i found i could only eat when i was high, i lost so much weight as well.
seriously, just bun less lol