• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Making hash/kief/cannabis extracts

How much of the oil did you try? I mean, there was only 1.5g there in total, if you're tolerant you might need a fair bit.

What is the best efficient way to dry your hash after a simple ice extraction?

Besides letting it sit for 12 hours or more I was curious if there were any other methods to drying this hash.
Could I put it in the oven at a low temp or would that degrade the hash?

Press it as hard as possible with tissue to absorb as much moisture as possible and then place somewhere warm and airy, such as on top of a radiator. If you're really impatient, dry with a hair dryer.

Ok so i tried to extract some thc into some Organic, extra virgin coconut oil. I used 1.5 g of finely ground weed, and about 9g of coconut oil.

I had a big pot on the stove, a glass plate on the bottom, and a glass bowl on top of the glass plate which is what i was cooking my mixture in. I also had a lit on the pot. I cooked for 2 hours while it was simmering. There were some bubbles coming out though, but i wasn't sure if this may have been caused by glass plate touching the bottom of the pot. The bubbling was very light tho, and the water wasn't at a rapid boil.

I tried taking the end result, and i can't say i'm too impressed. I'm a little disappointed I wasted my weed, and was wondering where i went wrong? was it too hot, or not hot enough?

Is there a way that i can just retry with my final product and see if maybe more THC is extracted by reheating the oil on the stove? or is it pretty much ruined now, and i should maybe just eat it all and hope i can catch a buzz?

In LA, we get good extracts.

I am not the pro at making it, sorry. I'm sure someone else will help out.

Wax How do they do it?

Hello all, I looked through the mega thread and couldn't find anything on the making of wax. Now I am a medical Marijuana patient on a budget, and donating anywhere from <no price discussion - chainer> a gram is quite expensive. just asking if anyone knows the process for making Wax. is it made from trimmings, buds etc.? I don't think I am breaking any rules on here, just curious on how the process is done . thank you!:?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all, I looked through the mega thread and couldn't find anything on the making of wax. Now I am a medical Marijuana patient on a budget, and donating anywhere from 40-60 a gram is quite expensive. just asking if anyone knows the process for making Wax. is it made from trimmings, buds etc.? I don't think I am breaking any rules on here, just curious on how the process is done . thank you!:?

wax is dank, a gram should last you equal to like 1/2 an ounce. I may be exaggerating, but i've gone through quads of weed twice as fast as i've gone through a gram of wax.

Here's a pictorial guide that tells you how to make BHO from trim or popcorn bud. Once you've made the BHO you then just get a knife or razor a whip it up with some heat until it turns into a more convenient texture for handling.

Here's a pictorial guide that tells you how to make BHO from trim or popcorn bud. Once you've made the BHO you then just get a knife or razor a whip it up with some heat until it turns into a more convenient texture for handling.

You are a gentlemen and a scholar, thank you!

wax is dank, a gram should last you equal to like 1/2 an ounce. I may be exaggerating, but i've gone through quads of weed twice as fast as i've gone through a gram of wax.

I couldn't agree with you more my friend, it does last 3-4 times longer than an 1/8 of herb does, thank you for your input!

I couldn't agree with you more my friend, it does last 3-4 times longer than an 1/8 of herb does, thank you for your input!

so what i'm saying is its worth paying the 60 dollars for a gram of wax, since if you were to buy the weed to make it, i would imagine that it might be a tad more expensive than buying the gram of wax, thus, buying wax is much cheaper than making it yourself... you follow?

ime making your own bho is just about as expensive as buying it ready to go depends on what prices your working with i guess, actually after buying quality vector butane and supplies your probably looking at spending more than just buying it ready to go. id honestly rather make it in my area(i like to be able to pick which buds i want to make it out of), the process is very very simple imo. also once you get it down youll breeze through it while making excellent oil.

you can also find glass extraction tubes that work really nice. ime ill get like 3-5gs off a oz of quality buds. its super worth it though i get stoned like the old days but better, it also lasts alot longer as long as you dont get hash happy.

i do admit be very careful when your letting the butane evaporate try not use anything that gets to hot, 1 of my buddies almost blew his face off and the other almost lost his hair.

lately we have been setting our dish is hot water in the sink or bathtube, thats seems to work very well. if the water gets cold just re fill with more hot water and repeat if you have to.

Winterize the BHO. Dissolve in hot ethanol, put in freezer for 1-2 days to precipitate waxes, filter and evaporate. GW Pharmaceuticals, the makers of Sativex, have a patent that uses it. Be sure to use proper precautions when heating and evaporating the alcohol because it's flammable. But you've already worked with butane or hexane by this point, just don't be a dumbass(good ventilation/outside, seal it up when in the freezer, no flames or sparks ie pilot lights or electronics such as motors).

Unless you actually grow, I wouldn't bother because the amounts involved are likely to be too small for it to be worth the bother.

If you do grow, in the UK at least I would have thought it would be better to get caught with a small amount of oil than with the corresponding amount of bud from which it was produced. It also allows you to smoke much less material for the same effect.