• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion - 4th Edition - In your Blue Dreams

thePodFreak

Bluelighter
This will be the start of a new Strain Discussion Mega Thread!

Old thread reached 1,000 posts, can still be read here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...ssion-3rd-Backcross-*ALL-STRAIN-TALK-IN-HERE*

Please do read it, and search it, you'll more than likely find the information you're looking for more quickly than by asking.

<3 Neko

Hey guys, relative newbie here, so forgive any ignorance I spew....

Anyway, I am a .NET programmer by trade, work from home and love having a nice, heady, happy buzz while programming, I get in to it and my mind seems to work better...however when that has happened, I didnt know the strainn...

So my question is, is anyone else out there in the same boat, enjoying a day of programming lightly stoned? If so, what strains give you that relaxed feeling but moreso the ability to focus and think outside the box? Some of my best shit has come out of that, especially tinkering with JQuery and UI design.

Anyway, gimmeh strains! I have heard Silver Haze is opie like, which was awesome for my programming (on pods I would get an uplifted and focused mentality that was awesome for it). I never want to get on fucking evil ass pods again, so a strain similar to it in that way would be awesome.

Right now I am smoking Strawberry cough, which in just the right amount is pretty damn close to what im looking for...calm, happy, and can focus if I want to. Im guessing I need a sativa dominant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure about strains... I generally prefer sativas and I think they are more preferable when thinking outside the box. I'm no programmer, but I did just finish a course on c++. If ever there was a time that I was stuck on an assignment, a bowl was perfect for thinking of novel ways to do things. The problem I had was there would be something I was trying to do, and I would just keep thinking myself into a rut of trying to do the same thing over and over again. It's when I'm high that I get a new perspective on those kinds of problems. I remember someone saying, "The best way to debug a program is to have another pair of eyes look at it." So yeah!

i studied programming in school but not a professional at it or anything. When i used to code i'd always be stoned, usually on a more indica type strain. I think kush would do well for programming. I once tried to do a big c++ assignment while tripping on 2c-e, it was utter confusion and i didn't end up getting all the bugs out lol. Cannabis and programming go hand in hand imo, that or stimulants.

Well what I LOooooove to program on is poppy tea with an energy drink, but that shit is no longer allowed in my body. I'd love something similar to that buzz if it exists, I was told Silver Haze is good, but haven't found any in the medical dispensaries around here so far....

Anyway, yeah I prefer caffeine or being stoned, , either one. Usually if its a high anxiety type situation I go for the ganja....ah how wonderful it is to work at home and 3000 miles from the company you work for...

I remember someone saying, "The best way to debug a program is to have another pair of eyes look at it." So yeah!

YES. When I get stuck, if I take a couple hits and I would say that IS a second set of eyes. The thing it doesn't do that poppy tea did was completely melt away the rest of my issues. Most pot either makes me anxious or brings more things in to my head instead of focusing me in to not caring what else is going on. If I found one that did that, with a somewhat stimulating affect (w/o anxiety) I might program my way in to the fucking singularity

I look for the same thing and strawberry cough does it for me. It's a hybrid and I believe sativa dominant, but doesn't couch lock you. Love it!

Last edited:
U just posted in this thread before you were moving it. Where did my post go? It's in my user posts but not here.

I wouldn't say that, in many ways I think programming is an art :D

I agree, since I finished that course I have MAD respect for programmers. It also turned me off of wanting to be a professional, but to each his own.
I'm very skilled in the art of procrastinating, which caused me to cram a lot of stuff last minute and the likes. But it was when I was super stoned that I would have those "A-Ha!" moments of actual understanding. Like when we were going over classes and such, I was so confused about manipulating member variables... but I had this highment where I was like, "OH, that's why it's called a constructor"

I agree, since I finished that course I have MAD respect for programmers. It also turned me off of wanting to be a professional, but to each his own.
I'm very skilled in the art of procrastinating, which caused me to cram a lot of stuff last minute and the likes. But it was when I was super stoned that I would have those "A-Ha!" moments of actual understanding. Like when we were going over classes and such, I was so confused about manipulating member variables... but I had this highment where I was like, "OH, that's why it's called a constructor"

Haha, yea it can be time consuming (my pod tea habit came from it - would do 90 hour or more work binges and on the tea I ijust flew!) I will say the working from home and zero drug screening is a hell of a bonus ;)

Funny thing, I got 3 promotions while on tea, and while it wasn't ever day use when that happened, I have to feel like it gave me an edge....at least until dependence kicked in 8).

And yeah, that "oh...they CONSTRUCT things! I get it now. Lol

Last edited:
You're right, for anything requiring 'left-brain' thought it's gotta be sativa, or you're likely to end up couchlocked and sleepy.

Not sure if I've really tried true Blue Dream strain.

I see lots of sources for it now-a-days. Shall I give it a go?

and blue. meddle is a solid album imo. one of these days.

People who refer to all indoor weed as 'hydro' (as if it's all hydroponic) and use terms like 'indo' are clueless and a little bit annoying. There, I said it.

Also OG Kush is not the holy grail of cannabis.

People who use the word "refer" without it meaning cannabis, while posting in a cannabis forum, are a little bit annoying ;)

Also, OG Kush makes some of the best crosses in existence. She's not so much a holy grail as she is a queen.

^ Dude refer and reefer are two totally different words, I have never heard anyone call weed 'refer', where 'reefer' is a relatively common colloquailism for cannabis.

Out here in Australia we don't really get to pick by strain very often which sucks. I was in Amsterdam a couple months ago but right this second I am having trouble thinking of the names of too many of the better strains I got to smoke. Tangerine dream does stick out as a pretty darn nice sativa dominant strain (I think lol) I smoked whilst there.

^ Dude refer and reefer are two totally different words, I have never heard anyone call weed 'refer', where 'reefer' is a relatively common colloquailism for cannabis.
ok you got me ;)

I've been to the Dam about 3 or 4 times. It's still not as impressive as the strains I've seen here in the states.

This Alaskan Ice I'm currently smoking on is surprisingly good. Solid A.

Last edited:
^ I pretty much knew when I went to Amsterdam this year that it had been overshadowed by certain parts of the US a while ago in terms of quality buds, still though, its a pretty novel place to go and be able to smoke freely and it does have a nice selection. In Australia I can get weed as good as most weed in Amsterdam most of the time but being able to choose from all different strains is a luxury I don't have here too often. I didn't actually travel to Europe specifically to go to Amsterdam and despite being a stoner it was far from my favourite place I visited. No offence to any Americans but whether your weed is better than Hollands or not I would still way rather visit Europe than the US, to each their own though.

To be honest you can be just about anywhere in the world and find killer buds, some places it might be more available or cheaper than others but if you are in the smoking scene long enough you are going to be able to find some fire. I wish I had as easy access to many high quality strains as those living in California, Colorado and Washington do right now but in terms of general living I would still WAY rather live in Melbourne, Australia.

People who use the word "refer" without it meaning cannabis, while posting in a cannabis forum, are a little bit annoying ;)

Also, OG Kush makes some of the best crosses in existence. She's not so much a holy grail as she is a queen.

What I was referring to (or 'talking about' if you prefer) is the stupid slang stoners use to talk about. You know, teenagers that want to seem all gangsta. I find it incredibly irritating. It's more the fact that weed tends to have somewhat of an image problem, particularly in the western culture.

As for OG Kush, it's an okay strain, I'm not denying that and one of my favorite strains uses it in a cross. What I am talking about is the incredible hype surrounding this strain which is completely unwarranted. All I hear is OG Kush this, OG Kush that, as if it's the be and and end all of cannabis. It's rediculous when there are plenty of other strains overshadowed by this false hype. Take a look at all new strains released by DNA genetics (all within an impractically short period of time). The thing that gets to me is the hyped up bullshit we see constantly that really is a cynical attempt to lure unseasoned smokers into spending their money on something that really is undeserving of all the credit. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only person that thinks this way, so it's really not that controversial an opinion.

Unfortunately it's pretty well known in the UK canna scene that in Amsterdam two things happen a lot. First they tumble the weed with a pollinator. You can tell this because even after rolling a ton of joints by hand with no grinder your hands will not get sticky at all. This is indicative of something shady going on because good weed is usually highly resinous and should get your hands sticky as fuck in no time.

The second thing that goes on is false advertising. Whatever the new hyped up strain is they will label whatever they have as that even though they're being completely dishonest. This is the sort of thing you would expect from a street dealer, not a reputable coffee shop establishment. They used to allow you to inspect their bud before purchase with a pocket microscope but not any more. You'll also notice that as if by magic, most of their strains will simultaneously go out of stock all at once. It's not hard to work out what's really going on.

Last edited: