• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Strain Discussion - 4th Edition - In your Blue Dreams

^ I pretty much knew when I went to Amsterdam this year that it had been overshadowed by certain parts of the US a while ago in terms of quality buds, still though, its a pretty novel place to go and be able to smoke freely and it does have a nice selection. In Australia I can get weed as good as most weed in Amsterdam most of the time but being able to choose from all different strains is a luxury I don't have here too often. I didn't actually travel to Europe specifically to go to Amsterdam and despite being a stoner it was far from my favourite place I visited. No offence to any Americans but whether your weed is better than Hollands or not I would still way rather visit Europe than the US, to each their own though.

To be honest you can be just about anywhere in the world and find killer buds, some places it might be more available or cheaper than others but if you are in the smoking scene long enough you are going to be able to find some fire. I wish I had as easy access to many high quality strains as those living in California, Colorado and Washington do right now but in terms of general living I would still WAY rather live in Melbourne, Australia.
These days I only travel to climb mountains, so I probably won't return to Amsterdam or the likes. I just got back from Russia and all I did was climb Mt Elbrus. Living in a place with great strains and mountains (US) is the ultimate for me, so I guess I'm hard to impress these days. I agree though that you can find fire pretty much anywhere. I would like to get to Australia some day...

What I was referring to (or 'talking about' if you prefer) is the stupid slang stoners use to talk about. You know, teenagers that want to seem all gangsta. I find it incredibly irritating. It's more the fact that weed tends to have somewhat of an image problem, particularly in the western culture.

As for OG Kush, it's an okay strain, I'm not denying that and one of my favorite strains uses it in a cross. What I am talking about is the incredible hype surrounding this strain which is completely unwarranted. All I hear is OG Kush this, OG Kush that, as if it's the be and and end all of cannabis. It's rediculous when there are plenty of other strains overshadowed by this false hype. Take a look at all new strains released by DNA genetics (all within an impractically short period of time). The thing that gets to me is the hyped up bullshit we see constantly that really is a cynical attempt to lure unseasoned smokers into spending their money on something that really is undeserving of all the credit. And I know for a fact that I'm not the only person that thinks this way, so it's really not that controversial an opinion.

Unfortunately it's pretty well known in the UK canna scene that in Amsterdam two things happen a lot. First they tumble the weed with a pollinator. You can tell this because even after rolling a ton of joints by hand with no grinder your hands will not get sticky at all. This is indicative of something shady going on because good weed is usually highly resinous and should get your hands sticky as fuck in no time.

The second thing that goes on is false advertising. Whatever the new hyped up strain is they will label whatever they have as that even though they're being completely dishonest. This is the sort of thing you would expect from a street dealer, not a reputable coffee shop establishment. They used to allow you to inspect their bud before purchase with a pocket microscope but not any more. You'll also notice that as if by magic, most of their strains will simultaneously go out of stock all at once. It's not hard to work out what's really going on.
Dude, sorry I was really high and couldn't resist the pun that was presented.

Some places here like to advertise that they don't sift their weed, so that problem exists everywhere I guess. It's appalling that they even have to do that. I tend to smoke only my own, but if I wasn't a grower it would be impossible for me to pass up some of the strains I see here.

Right now I have some full melt OG Kush wax along with some L.A. Confidential purps... Good mix if I do say so myself!

Super silver haze!!

I have been smoking SSH for the past 8 years daily....I am an avid body builder with a panic disorder and I found that the "haze" family of cannabis (Sativa) not only helps me the best, but it also tastes better than most anything else I've tried...IMHO.

My local medicinal supplier of SSH no longer carries it....and I'm devastated. Can anyone who is familiar with SSH recommend a substitute for me to try? I've tried several different hazes, but can't recall what works/tastes best. Looking for something very close to SSH. Thanks!

/V

Thanks guys...I'll poke around and see if I can find those strains near me. Shit is REALLY hard for me to find.

/V

Can't find any of those strains or something similar. This sucks ass big time...I miss my SSH!!

/V

^He lives in NYC and has a medicinal supplier. I don't think he needs bluelight to score weed.

I read somewhere that the Haze family started from a Colombian Punto Rojo seed. You're probably more likely to find one of the many other Hazes than that though.

I agree with A.E. do it your self if you can.

Somehow i think this thread is a hint of trying to find a source?

NO! I am not looking for a source. My supplier simply no longer carries this strain, the new strains in stock don't help me the same way. I used to moderate this board...I know the rules. I used to grow myself for a while, I still have all the equipment packed away nice and neat. Still have 3 1000w NIB. I may just start doing it again since I can't find what I want.

/V

Amnesia is the one. altho SSH is my altime fave! such a nice taste.

the effects are similar with most of the Hazes i have tried.

^He lives in NYC and has a medicinal supplier. I don't think he needs bluelight to score weed.

I read somewhere that the Haze family started from a Colombian Punto Rojo seed. You're probably more likely to find one of the many other Hazes than that though.

I agree with A.E. do it your self if you can.

Yeah ! another sativa fan who knows what he's talking about...the world needs more of us.

Got some "bubblegum haze"....it had a small hint of that hazy flavor the SSH has, but the effect on my body was completely different. BLAH!

Guess I'm going to have to try and convince the wife to let me grow in the house again....I got all the supplies I need, aside from the OK from the old lady.

/V

Just make sure yer' watchin the new video clip of J. Satriani playin' "Flying in a Blue Dream" for some lucky cat's at what looks like a Guitar Center on the Tubeyou...

Oh yeah, sativa doesnt cause anxiety disorders...It might magnify them if yer' prone, but it doesnt like flick on a switch if you've never experienced the likes of a panic attack/anxiety disabilty

^ I pretty much knew when I went to Amsterdam this year that it had been overshadowed by certain parts of the US a while ago in terms of quality buds, still though, its a pretty novel place to go and be able to smoke freely and it does have a nice selection. In Australia I can get weed as good as most weed in Amsterdam most of the time but being able to choose from all different strains is a luxury I don't have here too often. I didn't actually travel to Europe specifically to go to Amsterdam and despite being a stoner it was far from my favourite place I visited. No offence to any Americans but whether your weed is better than Hollands or not I would still way rather visit Europe than the US, to each their own though.

To be honest you can be just about anywhere in the world and find killer buds, some places it might be more available or cheaper than others but if you are in the smoking scene long enough you are going to be able to find some fire. I wish I had as easy access to many high quality strains as those living in California, Colorado and Washington do right now but in terms of general living I would still WAY rather live in Melbourne, Australia.

plus you guys always have great music scenes..radio birdman...cosmic psychos..etc..sorry, anyway..just picked up a half of juicy fruit and at the same time me other guy comes thru with some green queen and some purple urkle, not a huge fan of the urkle but the queen and juicy fruit are both fruity and very frosty.

The thing about Amsterdam is the bud is sooooo expensive and the quality is so terrible that it puts a downer on the whole experience. I know when I've been I've been too pissed off to really enjoy the experience because I know as a grower that they really are taking the piss. It's like you spend a fortune on some little bud that is miniscule in comparison to what I can produce myself, as if it's literally some crappy bud taken off the bottom of the plant and not even dried and cured properly. It's amazing what passes for cannabis over there, so much so if I were a bud tender I would be too embarrassed to be selling what they sell.

There no good reason for it to have to be that way, too, apart from greed. In my opinion growing is something one should take pride in and should be done properly, especially in a place where it's quasi/de-facto decriminalized/legalized as in Amsterdam where cannabis is tolerated. They might be a progressive society but the dutch have got themselves a terrible reputation for fuking up weed - both in the coffee shop bud and the 'breeding' they do (the only traits they seem to value are yield, couchlock high and squat, short flowering indica-type plants). And I won't even get into what shit they spray the plants with over there and how they tumble bud before sale. It's pathetic.

Blue dream is everywhere lately! My guy had two separate batches last time I went over. It does produce very nicely sized buds tho, and I can't complain about quality. It's definitely dominant indica, and it creeps.... Oh jeez does it creep! Couple hits, nothing.... 5 minutes later, BAM- on your ass, or in the clouds. Good shit.

Ever since we legalized cannabis it seems like there's been an influx of growers, or at least the growers ramped up production. I don't blame them, billion dollar industry just opened up, perfect time to get legit.