• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] The green dragon thread- alcohol extracts and tinctures

im_shpongled

Greenlighter
This thread is a the place for all questions about extracts or tinctures of cannabis made using ethyl alcohol for oral use. There's a lot of info here, much of it repetitive, but that should only make it easier to find what you need.
For questions/discussion about any other kind of oral cannabis, see this thread:
[MEGA] Edibles/Oral Cannabis

Vader

Alright so I'm trying to make some green dragon. There's so many different procedures for this online that I couldn't decide which one to follow and just kind of winged it.

Anyway, we took a 5th of everclear and poured out about 3 shots of it. So there's around 20-21 ounces left which has an 8th of some very good weed soaking in it. I took the weed and rubbed it through this tea strainer type thing. The resulting product had the consistency of flour, so it's about as ground up as possible.

First off, how high would one shot of this stuff get you? I want it to get to the point where you can get extremely baked off of one shot, since one shot of this already has about 2.5 shots of vodka's worth of alcohol in it. I'm thinking it might need less liquor and more weed, but I can't find a sure answer anywhere.

Second, how much of the THC will be absorbed by the alcohol, and how much do you traditionally get by smoking it? I've heard somewhere that smoking the weed only gives you about 30% of the THC and the rest is destroyed, but I can't confirm that. I did the math and calculated that the amount of THC that should wind up in this bottle would be the same that you would absorb by smoking almost 12 grams. However, I'm going on the assumption that you only get 30% smoking it and that you get 100% through an alcohol extraction, so if none of that is true then my numbers mean nothing.

Third, how long does it have to sit in the bottle for? With the weed as finely ground as ours was, I would assume that the vast majority of the THC dissolved in the alcohol within the first few hours. All of the recipes online say to leave it sitting there for multiple weeks or up to a month which seems extremely excessive.

And finally, if I did fuck this up a little bit, is there anything I can do to make it more concentrated other than just adding more weed?

Thanks if you stuck with me this long.

Last edited by a moderator:
put a few Gs of fine buds & junk stems in for 2weeks times, remove plant material & repeat a few times for extra nice ness

In terms of how high it would get you, just think that if you take one shot it is X% of the whole bottle which is X% of the bud you put in. Drink a quarter of the bottle with 4 grams in it and bang you had 1 gram (think in terms of eating not smoking). If it is everclear and you have enough to submerge the bud and shake it around etc, saturation shouldnt be an issue, you should be able to dissolve all of it with enough time. Longer it sits in the bottle the better (up until about 2-3 weeks, though I have heard people doing it for a year). You can make it more concentrated by trying to evaporate some of the alc once you finish letting it sit. This will lower your volume and make it more like hash oil (technically it would now be a tincture) but it might be worth it.

EDIT: People usually say .5g - 1g per fluid ounce of liquid.

Nope, its in solution, its not chemically bonded to the water or anything. THC is wayy too heavy to become a gas like that.

this never made sense to me..

U want to get drunk and stoned, how about drinking and smoking simultaneously... same effect, uses less weed and u will have more control over your limits..

I can see a THC/alcohol combo resulting in intense dizziness, nausea and vomiting.. sounds real fun 8)

I can only get 80 proof vodka, what should I do? I was thinking 1/8th in 4 shots.

this never made sense to me..

U want to get drunk and stoned, how about drinking and smoking simultaneously... same effect, uses less weed and u will have more control over your limits..

I can see a THC/alcohol combo resulting in intense dizziness, nausea and vomiting.. sounds real fun 8)

It does not make sense to you because you lack and understanding for basic properties of substances...I don't know if you read any of the posts before you kindly chimed in with your enlightened knowledge but the ALCOHOL EVAPORATES and leaves behind water and flavoring...in the process it absorbs high ratio of the THC...giving you a edible THC elixir so to speak...this product if very pure and potent which is why people do it...

so...you just got owned(kind of) lolz

Also...Asian...If you don't have Everclear or moonshine go to your CVS or grocery story and get Isoprophyl Alcohol...Its basicacly rubbing alcohol and is about 75cents for a bottle...it is like 190% proof so it should get the job done...

Hope that helps

when you orally consume cannabis doesn't it take about an hour to get you really niice & baked anyway? If so its a little different cause when you smoke & drink your getting both effects & peaks simultaneously. No one should drink or ingest isoprophyl alcohol. If your going to use it for hash at least get the highest proof available to cut down contaminants but in my honest opinion your much better off doing blender hash at that point.

What are you trying to do kill me? I'd die if I consumed isopropyl alcohol.

Iso wont kill you, just be really nasty. Dont drink it though its not FDA approved for human consumption. You need to evaporate it off first, and if you do an iso extraction, only leave the weed in it for 15mins to a half hour because iso is a lot harsher on the plant and you dont want to totally dissolve your bud in it (this is a THC tincture not a chlorophyl one!!).

It does not make sense to you because you lack and understanding for basic properties of substances...I don't know if you read any of the posts before you kindly chimed in with your enlightened knowledge but the ALCOHOL EVAPORATES and leaves behind water and flavoring...in the process it absorbs high ratio of the THC...giving you a edible THC elixir so to speak...this product if very pure and potent which is why people do it...

so...you just got owned(kind of) lolz

Dude, he obviously didnt understand how it works. Chill out.

For the record, I also know nothing about making Green Dragon but would love to give it a try. Maybe somebody could post a link to a guide or instructions on how to make it?

I was thinking about doing this with vodka using the stove method, I have an electric stove, but I'm still gonna use a pyrex cup inside a cup of boiling water to control the temperature easier. I'll probably use like 5-6 shots for 3.5 grams. Would putting a top over the pyrex cup allow any vaporated alcohol to return and not escape?

isopropyl alcohol will cause blindness if consumed in any relatively large quantity... dont risk it, just spend money on high proof liquor. alcohol is a bi-polar molecule, an OH group and a carbon group. so the nonpolar thc only binds to a part of the alcohol molecule, so making green dragon will always take some time to do correctly

you also need to heat the weed a little beforehand to convert the THCA into THC , to activate it so to speak. next you can extract in it a relatively low heat for a decent amount of time. make sure it is below the boiling point of both alcohol and thc (170-ish and 390ish respectively (fahrenheit)) you need a decent amount of nuggage if you want some potent shit, so it depends if you wanna get drunk on green dragon or just drink a few shots to get high. the nug to alcohol ratio determines the potency, so experiment with whatever you like.
have fun, be safe, and don't do drugs kids- daren the lion

could you let the mixture evaporate like K

and smoke the powder or bump it 8)

love
redundant