• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

I've had it, its very annoying, and can make you very paranoid.

It stopped after I stopped worrying about it.

Happened to be a few times, always when got very stoned then went to bed where the bedand room were cold. Freaked me out the first few times, before i realised i was just very cold and stoned.

This only happened to me once, I think I'd just smoked way too much. It was actually okay when I was sitting down, but when I stood up every single muscle completely spazzed out, my vision clouded over and I fell over shaking and could barely see or move for a few minutes, I just had to lie there with my muscles going mad. More often, my heart just beats way too fast and I can't stay standing for more than a minute or two while I'm really stoned or once again, my vision blacks out. I've never actually lost conciousness this way, but it's not much fun.

Anyone tried magnesium and got a positive result?
What about an anti-inflammatory?

this has happened to me too. i was so palsy that i couln't roll a cigarette. and my head legs and arms were jerking around. but i've been demoted to newbie again since it's been so long since i smoked...

^ dude... what does where you live have to do with anything?

if someone's spazzing, they're spazzing

^^
LOL exactly. I also agree that chemis lower your tolerance heaps.

I stoped smoking because of that fuckin shakes.
No matter how much I smoke my body shakes
so bad all the time and the day after.
The only cure I found is alcohol and benzos.
I can't smoke everyday like I used to , it so
disgusting.After few months I'll try again.
Maybe my mind will forget the shakes.

glitterbizkit said:
I don't shake but I twitch a lot. That can be quite irritating. Shaking would be fun though.

i get this twitching sometimes too, i've only smoked for 6 months ish, but i'm pretty worried that it may be the onset of alzheimer's disease (i think that's the twitching isn't it??) because i get it in my hands/arms/legs... i *think* alzheimer's has been 'linked' to pot smoking but then everything has been too... 8) but i may just be being a paranoid stoner....
but it seems like i'm not the only one that gets this and it makes me feel so much better.... =D

Smoking pot has not been linked to alzheimer's.
Apprently smoking using foil, as in the aluminium vapours have been though.. don't know how trustworthy that it tho

at one point i had a really good tolerance to weed. then one day went to a party smoked way way way to much and lost my tolerance completely for about 5 months. smoked the whole way through but every time i smoked got completely blazed. it eventually slowly came back and now im at where i use to be...

one time i smoked and my left arm completely tightend up... it was always flexed for about 40 min. next day arm hurt like hell....gota be one of the most annoying twisted side effect ive ever seen

Splatt said:
Smoking pot has not been linked to alzheimer's.
Apprently smoking using foil, as in the aluminium vapours have been though.. don't know how trustworthy that it tho

awesome, that's great news... thanx =D
now i can smoke without being paranoid about that because i've never used the foil before... may have to have a bit of a smoke tonight... %)

so does anyone know the physiology on why the twitching occurs??

babariba said:
I stoped smoking because of that fuckin shakes.
No matter how much I smoke my body shakes
so bad all the time and the day after.
The only cure I found is alcohol and benzos.
I can't smoke everyday like I used to , it so
disgusting.After few months I'll try again.
Maybe my mind will forget the shakes.
Same here, except I quit like 2 years ago. I occasionally smoke, but it seems to always happen.

When I get high, my mind goes nuts and I overanalyze things, and I usually conclude that everyone is watching me, waiting to laugh at me or something. They're all plotting against me:). Then the shakes come, and I need to control it so nobody sees it. Then I think about what they're thinking of again, and the shakes get me. So I try again to control it, but I wonder if they saw me shake. Then I think about that and the shakes get me again. It repeats. It sucks.

Yeah, I hate being high now:(

happened to me once.. when i got into a very bad high. actually, i simply smoked too much... and i was in a VERY hard case of paranoia.. its all in your head... once you notice it, you can control it. just consetrate on the feeling, and think really hard about it stopping.. and take yourself out of it.

Yay my first bluelight post!

Anyway I've been smoking herb for about 10 years and every so often I get the shakes. I find that herb makes me cold (like smoking cigs, maybe lowers bodies resistance to cold?) so that's part of it, I don't know what else it could be but I am very glad to know I'm not the only one!

If I smoke too much in a social situation, my social anxiety (which I have only minimally if at all when im not stoned) kicks in hardcore and I can get a lotta shakes. Its definitely pretty uncomfortable and has been the reason I have had to ditch a lot of such situations. I've ordered some Xanax online, so it'll be interesting to see if that helps.

Yay my first post ... I get twitches all the time eye lids, arms, legs, feet, stomache grumbles. I have never had uncontrllable shaking although northern lights #2 made me feel like i was shaking constantly for over an hour... This happened another 2 times till i give it to a friend who smoked it fine.

i fucking hate the twitchin and shakin. i theorise it results from lowered blood pressure whilst you have a lot of noradrenaline agonism going on, with cold air exacerbating it. a good way to test that theory would be to take ephedrine then smoke weed, but i strongly recommend against that idea. forget i said it. experiment with these solutions to your problem:
1. comforter / blanket
2. warm brandy
3. benzos, e.g. valium (don't combine with #2 of course, and anticipate some possible amnesia)
4. take smaller hits & pace yourself

"don't knock the shakes, it's the only exercise i get"
-grandpa

When I get 'twitching attacks' when I smoke weed, it usually happens than I twitch once, then I notice this and as I get more conscious of it I start twitching more and more. Annoyingly enough, it happens most in public, obviously because I get more conscious of it then...