• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Vaporizers Thread

cssss

Bluelighter
[This is the MEGA Vaporizers thread.
Feel free to post any & all questions about your vape, prefered temperature, and favorite brands.

Pleas remember there is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY on prices and sourcing. This is your warning. Please do not post pictures linking to vendor, or discuss prices of paraphernalia. This means no specific price points.

Thank you.

-Chainer
]

Hey party people!
Now as near as I can tell, smoking (well not really smoking, but anyway...) weed through a vaporizer is the most efficient and healthy way to ingest that precious THC we all love so much.
Now, my question is...... Is it worth it? From what I can tell from websites of paraphernalia stores here in Australia is that they cost quite a bit... I haven't been able to find much information on the pro's and con's of these (as sales websites generally don't list the cons of items).
Being a student living at home with my parents I can't exactly let them know I enjoy to smoke so how discreet are these things?
Thanks for any help :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There's virtually no smell from smoking it, but the device itself looks conspicuous because it's a box-like...thing. It's worth it if you smoke it enough, but in all honesty, a window, a sploof, and a small bowl is really all you need.

Figured we needed a mega thread for vapes.

I love vapes to be honest, I just don't own one due to not wanting to drop $100+ on a decent one just yet. Its healthy, efficient, and gives you a very clear headed high.

Just make sure you don't get those shitty glass dome looking ones.

I bought a vape in April last year, and to be honest I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about it.

Mine is a whip vape, which is inferior to the hugely popular bag vapes, such as the Volcano. Bag vapes tend to be more complicated, thus generally more expensive, so I opted for a $200 Australian vendor.

The high, compared to a bong? Well, it's a very clear-headed high. You get high, no doubt about it, but sometimes on a Friday night I like to have a couple of drinks, smoke the bong and get messy. There's no messiness or confusion that comes with the bong (due to the CBDs you are, or more accurately, aren't inhaling) and as someone has already said, vapes are much MUCH less smelly than their bong cousins.

The downsides? Some say they save marijuana using a vape. Me? I think I actually use MORE. Because I'm so used to that bong high, it is difficult to reach the level of high that I want, and I think I'm essentially substituting the lost CBD with MORE THC to get to where I want to be. Although, this is probably more a self-control issue than anything else. I believe the theory that THC is burnt before it can be inhaled with a bong is true, so technically you should be using less cannabis with a vape.

The fact that I have to explain a biggish black box isn't such an issue for me, the digital display on the front, coupled with the fan on the back, makes it easy for me to "hide" it in front of my not very computer literate parents. "CPU cooling equipment" usually does the trick.

Go for it. You'll never cough or choke on hits. Weed lasts forever. And it gets you really really high. I'm sure a cheaper vaporizer would do the job. Also the smell is very minimal.

Last edited:
Thought the vape thread needs melting points ;)

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

At 21°C (70°F) - the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) - the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) - virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 122°C (252°F) - Most of the THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 185°C (365°F) - Cannabinol (CBN) boils.

At 190°C (374°F) - Cannabidiol (CBD) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) - THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

^ This chart contradicts the pretty common belief that vaporizers vaporize THC and leave behind much of the CBD and CBN. Do you know the source of this info?

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

At 21°C (70°F) - the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) - the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) - virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 122°C (252°F) - Most of the THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 185°C (365°F) - Cannabinol (CBN) boils.

At 190°C (374°F) - Cannabidiol (CBD) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) - THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

That chart is all wrong. THC boiling point is 157°C (315°F). CBD is 180°C (356°F). CBN is unspecified. According to wikipedia at least - source of all wisdom.

Vapes are the way to go! Be nice to your lungs - they have a hard enuf time coping with everyday pollution imo. If in doubt, crank up the temperature a bit. Even roasted bud is better than burnt bud.

I like my Vapolution vaporizer (particularly with the all-glass 'whip' or buddy bowl they call it). Sucking on a plastic bag seems a bit ghetto to me - i've never understood how it caught on.

I suppose if this is the megathread, it would be the best place to ask. How would one go about making a vape?

I suppose if this is the megathread, it would be the best place to ask. How would one go about making a vape?

Maybe you could make something like this: Magic Flight

I don't know the details but it uses a charged battery (and I'm assuming some simple metal coils attached to a heating plate) to create enough heat to vape whatever is on the plate.

Just an idea.

I have a volcano and it's payed for itself and then some over the course of almost the past year. It still stinks like pot but it's a more subtle smell and doesn't wreak like dank smoke. If you can't get high in your room and have it smell I'd stick to smoking your bud outside.

Yep, I have a Volcano Digit and I'm very satisfied. However, I like to mix it up with bubbler, bong, etc. Vaporizing is great, but smoking is nice in its own right. It also depends on the type of bud, i.e. indica, sativa, or hybrid.

If I smoke in small increments, starting at about 330F and climbing up to 390F as I usually do, it lasts FOREVER but the high tends to come in "components". I don't want to say that the vapor high is sometimes "missing" something, but it sometimes feels incomplete when one is used to smoking and has been doing so for a long time.

Although unlikely, if I ever have to move to a really hostile environment it's nice to have. If you're a parent or need / want to hide your usage, vaporizing is definitely the way to go. Added health benefits, plus the fact that strictly smoking vape def. conserves weed. Vaporizing kief / hash is excellent.

There are other good models, e.g. Aromed and I've heard good things about the Silver Surfer.

i am a daily light bulb vaporizer user. i vape a bowl then dump the leftovers into my glass bowl and smoke it cuz it still has like 20-40% thc left depending on how u vape it. its pretty frickin efficient and effective. ive already gone through like at least 25 light bulbs. i dont think ill ever buy one its not necessary and plus i love my light bulb pipes hahah

Ok so you guys are saying if I wanted to get just thc (I.e a sativa feeling) I would set my vape bettween 150-160degrees c ?

That chart is all wrong. THC boiling point is 157°C (315°F). CBD is 180°C (356°F). CBN is unspecified. According to wikipedia at least - source of all wisdom.

Vapes are the way to go! Be nice to your lungs - they have a hard enuf time coping with everyday pollution imo. If in doubt, crank up the temperature a bit. Even roasted bud is better than burnt bud.

I like my Vapolution vaporizer (particularly with the all-glass 'whip' or buddy bowl they call it). Sucking on a plastic bag seems a bit ghetto to me - i've never understood how it caught on.

You(wikilord) could be right. I pulled these from another forum, and these numbers were unsourced. However, in my experience with a Volcano, the information I posted seems to fit better. To get the full benefit, it needed to be turned up to over 390, usually 395. When it was down in the lower 300's it didn't "work".

I recently got a magic flight box brand vape.

I didn't pay full price for it and I got free shipping on the site I got it from.

I wanted a small powerful, portable, and discrete vape that would not leave me broke.

I got just exactly that.

I do not use THC as much as I did when I was younger so this works fine for me, as I want to keep my use to a few times a year or even just once a month like I did when I started smoking herb as a teenager.

I got super high from a tiny amount of herb, way less than what you'd put into a small one hitter cigarette bat.

The high was different than smoking is with the CBD and CBN and the body load and oddness they can cause and as weird as it sounds I did not feel nearly as dirty as I have from smoking herb in the past. IME the high was more psychedelic/cerebral, and I didn't get the annoying side effects like couch lock, lots of paranoia/anxiety where you can't function, and I'd get thirsty but I did not get cottonmouth that never went away no matter how many liquids I drank. I'm not sure if I got the munchies or not as I had eaten dinner before trying it out and I just ate some fresh and dried fruit while high.

I've inhaled some vapor from a Volcano vape but not a full bag and the magic flight box works as well as the volcano does but you can't set the temp and if you leave the battery in too long you will burn the herb and not vaporize it but you would have to do that on purpose.

I also did not cough a lot like smoking herb did to me and I'd have times when I thought I was sober but then I'd realize I was still high.

The high lasted a very long time for me but I had not consumed any THC for 5 years.

Last edited:
Ok so you guys are saying if I wanted to get just thc (I.e a sativa feeling) I would set my vape bettween 150-160degrees c ?

Maybe you could make something like this: Magic Flight

I don't know the details but it uses a charged battery (and I'm assuming some simple metal coils attached to a heating plate) to create enough heat to vape whatever is on the plate.

Just an idea.

Doesn't really help my question, though. The bolded part is kinda what I needed to know... lol. Is there like a step-by-step guide for us who aren't so mechanically inclined... and flat broke.

i set my digit at about 385 for 2 bags, 395 2 bags, and 405 2 bags, from there i save it all up to get a shit load and blast it at 430

Doesn't really help my question, though. The bolded part is kinda what I needed to know... lol. Is there like a step-by-step guide for us who aren't so mechanically inclined... and flat broke.

Some people use clear lightbulbs tweaker style but I've heard that they have chemicals that you do not want to be inhaling or vaping.

In one thread on here someone described using a clear glass jar and a lighter. I've never tried this so I have no idea if it works or not.