Melanotan 2 potency, heavily impacted when delivery times are too long.

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
First I'm going to link this,

And more detailed:

There's a sub on the forum called "tanning/melanotan" where that linked thread is.

As good melanotan discussion is difficult to come by, its a good resource to have to hand.

As to the contents of that linked post, unquestionably true in my experience.

This may not be noticeable to everyone but I'm type 1 skin so potency is critical to me.

When I've ordered in the passed from a verified supplier on alibaba by example, dhl express it arrives in a day or two.
Potency is unparalleled.
Turns my hair jet black and I couldn't burn if I tried.

When I order from a reputable supplier (Qingdao Sigma as per meso-rx) delivery can take two weeks or longer, the potency is just sooooo much weaker.

It does darken my hair but not nearly as much, and until I got a solid base tan I typically get some burning going on.

It's horrible.

I've found the same when I've ordered from any western supplier like x-peptides, continental peptides etc.

As they're all coming from China anyway, the only explanation is how long the peptide spends outside of refrigeration, in the post.

Exactly the same experience as the poster in the above discussion link.

So I guess alibaba pharmaceuticals getting foreclosed makes me truly hate the chinese autocrates.

And secondly I guess has anyone experienced similar outcomes? (historical threads on mt2 discuss almost exclusively orders from western suppliers so I think most people are conditioned/used to, or just put up with weak ass melanotan).

Last edited:
I've had hit or miss experiences with it. I think distributors here also add more mannitol or other bulking agents to stretch supply

Quoting from meso:

I thought MT2 had to be kept cold regardless of the state it is in, is this no longer the case? Last time I used it was when southern research was still a thing, it was mailed packed in ice as a powder. My information is 10 years out of date?

I’ve had the cold kept stuff and stuff shipped at room temp and my reactions to both varied widely at the same dose, of each. I got a great tan with both. Maybe something else is going on, body-metabolism wise?

At this point there's no doubt in my mind about this.

My hair goes jet black all the way through with consistently frozen mt2 (as per OP quotation also).

I get good tan with both but consistently frozen = superior, no doubt.

Last edited:
In relation to negative effect on potency:

Be aware that some peptides, including I believe Melanotan 2, are acetate based, and saline can cause a reaction causing sodium acetate to precipitate, destroying some of the peptides and reducing the effectiveness. I noticed this when using PT141 with a .9% saline with .9% BA water. It didn’t fully dissolve and there were hard flakes of an off-white color.

Saline (versus purified water) can negatively impact the potency of melanotan 2?

Any experiences?

Jay Campbell have just released a book called the peptides bible. Its probably one of the most knowledgeable peptides/aas guys out there

His take on melanotan is that MT2 have this nauseating feeling and the tendency of grow that darks spots and he totally avoids it in favor of melanotan I, which dont have this sides

Currently I have 2 vials, so probably I will have more than this summer covert but when I finish it I will go for MT 1

Q Sigma has a fantastic HGH but recently I got some selank and semax form them and I would say they are bunk or really, reaally underdosed or inactive. I almost dont feel nothing even injecting megadoses