View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals [Mescaline Cactus Subthread] Peyote

is it legal?
is it legal to buy over the internet?
is it legal to buy the seeds over the internet?
is it easy to grow?

how hard is it to get if not legal?

there are other mescaline producing cacti

that are legal

san pedro
peruvian torch

and some others

seek those out

that is all

I think you can buy peyote seeds over the internet but they take a looong time to grow. a good sized button usually takes over 10 years to grow.

But like melange said peruvian torches and san pedros are legal and can be bought over the internet.

its openly for sale on the internet, but shipping is only to europe, its not legal to have the actual cactus shipped to the US (seeds maybe although im pertty sure thats illegall as well) i have always been under the impression that its really rare/expensive ive never seen it and i dont personally know anyone who has done it in the last 20 years. other mescaline containing cacti are another story...

just order or buy some fucking san pedro. its worked here in the new world just as obviously as the peyote cactus and for just as long, but its not as exploited. peruvian torch would be even better.

is it easy to get in australia. i've been looking for it for awhile i found some in melbourne but not where i live now in queensland. does any one know

Its perfectly legal to order the seeds but growing the cactus is illegal (go figure).

I'd get some T. Peruvianus but I would extract the pure stuff instead of eating the plant or cooking it. I've heard of some nasty experiences with Pachanoi and Peruvianus from not having a clue how potent it was.

Also, peyote is a psychedelic. This doesn't belong here.

Trichocereus Cuzcoensis is where it's at. It's exponentially stronger than peruvian torch and san pedro. If my memory serves me correctly, it has been used in place of peyote.

sharpezor said:
is it legal?
is it easy to grow?

google

dumbass

moving to PD. please post topics of peyote over there in the future.

peyote is said to also have the most side effects of the commonly used mescaline containin cacti and both P tourch and san padro have ben shown to have at times larger amounts of mescaline then peyote.

Agave tequilana

Ariocarpus fissuratus

Astrophytum asterias

Astrophytum myriostigma

Burseras fagaroides

Carnegia gigantea

Epithelantha bokei

Hoodia gordonii

Trichocereus 'huasca' hybrid

Trichocereus brevispinulosus

Trichocereus bridgesii

Trichocereus bridgesii var. mo

Trichocereus cv. Tom Juul's Gi

Trichocereus macrogonus

Trichocereus pachanoi

Trichocereus peruvianus

Trichocereus Spachianus

Trichocereus terscheckii

uh, so you just cut & pasted a list of cacti from a vendor's website... about half of which are either completely non-psychedelic, or will produce only very minor amounts of mescaline under the best of conditions... over years. thats far from helpful in any way.

Most of those are only of interest to a cacti collector, and fairly expensive.

Youkai said:
peyote is said to also have the most side effects of the commonly used mescaline containin cacti and both P tourch and san padro have ben shown to have at times larger amounts of mescaline then peyote.

But, IIRC, peyote has like 60 some other alkaloids that may contribute to the experience many of which have never been researched in humans. This is definitely one of those cases where a plant is more than just a mescaline container.

I have heard the same thing, that San pedro is much kinder on the body.

I believe peyote is legal in many places as an ornamental cactus (like canada) and if you are truly determined peyote can be grown from seed to mature adults in 2-3 years using grafting to pereskiopsis (spelling?) and then trichocereus. You'll certainly benefit from the experience growing the cactus.

I have heard that t pachanoi is kinder on the body than peyote, yes. But peruvian torch is one I've read quite a few negative body experiences about.

If you do end up obtaining some pachanoi or peruvianus, I'd do some sort of an extraction and watch the dose. Cactus varies greatly from batch to batch on mescaline content and taking too much can cause a lot of physical distress.

Join the church of Peyote...I think its Arizona? being a member allows you to grow and ingest peyote legally.

sharpezor said:
is it legal?
is it easy to grow?

peyote buttons definately ARE NOT easy to grow. They take many years, some are ready in 5, others are up to 10. It's also not legal in the US.

warpedmind: there wasn't anything really apparent about the Australian legality on erowid or any of the general resources like that, that I noticed anyway. You might have better luck in the Australian drug discussion forum, as people there are likely to know the local laws better than a group from all over the globe.

Chances are pretty good its illegal to have though, and if not, probably illegal to consume in any case.

You can get them to maturity in 3-5 years or so if you graft them onto a faster growing cactus. San pedro is popular for this... there is some fast-growing succulent that apparently works well too, though its name escapes me at the moment.

peyote and visions

I am a HUGE lover of mescaline and have always wanted to try peyote to experience the differences between it and other legal cacti, but have always been unable to get it.

I have read lots of peyote trip reports over the past couple of years and one thing that sticks out to me is people who experience visions while tripping on peyote. No not visuals or color enhancement or patterns but "visions" similar to a mini delirium then, go back to a mescaline trip as soon as the vision is over.

I remember reading an article focusing on the cacti called L. diffusa which contains no mescaline at all but is known for causing belladonna like delirium, and how peyote shares some of its alkaloids which would alter the trip.

im not sure if this was the article I read (read it 1 or 2 years ago) but this is all I could find. http://www.erowid.org/plants/peyote/peyote_info2.shtml

now my question is could any of these shared alkoliods be the explanation why sometimes people on a mesc like peyote trip suddenly have visions?

any experienced peyote user out there have visions during there trips? or have any insight on this?

Last edited: