• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth Meth Primer: Post Your Meth Tips Hints & Hacks Here

PS @VerbalTruist - you’ll really notice the difference with the washed stuff. It tastes slightly sweet but of almost nothing and it’s a lot harder to burn because there are no (or fewer) impurities going off at lower temps. With a very low flame (use a spirit burner with denatured alcohol) you can keep the crackback just a slight off-white/caramel colour almost the whole way through the bowl.

Even the purest meth at around 95 % benefits from a wash.

I have a tip for anyone who's smoking on the regular. Just space your tokes out. I'm not going to lie and tell you I never get pretty fucking blasted, but since I'm dependent on the stuff I have mostly learned to adjust. Most times I'm just taking one toke, maybe two or three tops. Every single hour or two. I'm chronically addicted to it and cannot wake up without it. I feel so, incredibly run down without it.

Even on it I feel tired sometimes. I sleep every night maybe 4-6 hours and sometimes a nap during the day. Bit of meth and I'm good to go. My #2 is alcohol and casually sip beers all day (4-5 since I got up maybe 16 hours ago sometimes more in a day) that's not what this is about. I know what it's like to be going up and up and up. I've been to the point that I once shot a .6 and passed out while in a video chat an hour later. Couple days later I shot a full gram, 2 needles back to back because I didn't manage to fit it all into one, and I was moderately high for 4-6 hours. Then... nothing. Smoking was absolutely useless t that point. I detoxed hard and came back at a more even keel, getting high again.

Less is actually more with this stuff. Meth is incredibly potent at any level. If you're using at any level and regularly, you will have your breaks in your psyche and you will have your problems. It's a lot easier though if you're actively trying to do what you're trying to do if you're reading this. Harm reduction. I smoke meth around the clock and rarely go over 2-3 points per day. Cause I space it out. I still get high. I'm functioning in my job. I'm even starting to find myself in places that I couldn't have imagined before in a positive way. I've landed two really cool positions lately.

Whatever you're doing. Just take it easy. I promise I will most likely have my days but I find that the best way to deal with that is just that. Deal with it! Don't start losing self esteem over being addicted to drugs or to not being able to get sober or as sober as you'd like to be. Just slow down a bit and things will be alright. Just do it again and one day you'll realize that you are doing better than you were and you have grown as a person. It's always relative. We're always stressed out now, because we're here in the now. Get to that sort of realization, and then maybe you can start looking ahead. I think I just got there.

Take it slow and one foot in front of the other. Maybe meth will always be a part of my life and I'll always have some issue with it, but it's not going to ruin me and I refuse to go down without a fight. So I smoke every hour or two. Going to have a toke now.

Last edited:
Great rig to hot rail with.
Use one of the silicone nectar collector's with a quartz tip (quartz holds heat great). Only somewhat downside is you can't smoke the stuff in the tube (besides what's in the quartz) like a normal hot rail set up, but bending/flexing it and poking something down through it gets most of it out and that can be used. On the upside, you don't have to worry about burning your nose at all with the silicone base. Also with it being something you use for wax, you could clean it after each sesh and no one would be the wiser that it's used for anything other than getting baked.

It smells like nail polish remover. It’s not a toxic/poison/acrid kind of smell. It’s kind of aromatic but very very strong. But it also evaporates/dissipates pretty quickly in a well ventilated area. It wouldn’t make you think meth lab.
That is because Nail Polish Remover is Acetone.

very basic rinses with Acetone, even extractions dry acetone isn't going to make much difference if any. If you are out of Dry Acetone and spending 4 hours on MGS04 in the oven is not happening, you can get Nail Polish Remover 98% pure Acetone, cheaper than Solvent Purpose Acetone. No added scents or fragrance unless you want some dirty smelly and sticky product.

Something else, saw it pages ago I believe, 2FMA was mentioned. You can clean it and the other 4FMA ect. It is soluble in None Polar, however just like almost every stimulant, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine and Pseudoephedrine are all very similar in solvents as long as it's the salt form. Usually take good time to absorb in Acetone, heating is really the best thing you can try, just be ready to add more as it evaporates so fast.

I've done over 100 solvent based extractions, soaking and some washes/rinses when needed. Soon a procedure, just gotta make sure I can repeat it.

I was trying to find a place to get 4FMA and the other 3ish that are close(caugh caugh), I have heard good things. Usually prescribed something for ADHD but have not been about a year, wanted to give them a try since they are not illegal, before going to a doc and getting meds.

very basic rinses with Acetone, even extractions dry acetone isn't going to make much difference if any. If you are out of Dry Acetone and spending 4 hours on MGS04 in the oven is not happening, you can get Nail Polish Remover 98% pure Acetone, cheaper than Solvent Purpose Acetone. No added scents or fragrance unless you want some dirty smelly and sticky product.

There are differences of opinion on BL about this. Some people use 98% or hardware grade and some people use acetone they have dried themselves. Acetone will absorb water from the atmosphere over time and part of the reason for using desiccated magnesium sulfate is that you leave a few inches of it in the bottom of your acetone container to continually keep it dry as it is stored.

I did an experiment once where I washed 2 grams of the same meth separately. One in the acetone I bought from the hardware store and left in the original tin and one in the same acetone but which I kept in a mason jar 1/4 full of magnesium sulfate. There was about 5 % greater loss from the undried acetone.

I have heard that MDMA is even more sensitive to the water content in impure Acetone.
Something else, saw it pages ago I believe, 2FMA was mentioned. You can clean it and the other 4FMA ect. It is soluble in None Polar, however just like almost every stimulant, Amphetamine, Methamphetamine and Pseudoephedrine are all very similar in solvents as long as it's the salt form. Usually take good time to absorb in Acetone, heating is really the best thing you can try, just be ready to add more as it evaporates so fast.
Remember to warm acetone in a water bath. Not directly on a hot plate and definitely not near flame. A respirator is not a bad idea when he use heated acetone. It boils at around 56 c so you don’t need to heat it much.
I've done over 100 solvent based extractions, soaking and some washes/rinses when needed. Soon a procedure, just gotta make sure I can repeat it.

I was trying to find a place to get 4FMA and the other 3ish that are close(caugh caugh), I have heard good things. Usually prescribed something for ADHD but have not been about a year, wanted to give them a try since they are not illegal, before going to a doc and getting meds.
You won’t find that info here. Sourcing discussion not allowed. 4-FMA is illegal in many places. In the US, you could be prosecuted under the Analog Act even before it is scheduled.

@Perforated TLDR: Only one house next door, none on other side, can they smell the meth vapor (smoke) if someone was using it.

question how noticeable is the meth vapor smell, to say neighbors. 1800 square foot house on golf course, no houses to left just a wall and yard, golfers are at closest 20-25 feet from the back of the house, neighbors house is 7-8 feet next door to the right (Use like your facing the front door from inside the house as left right bearings), bordering, 2nd bedroom, small bath, 3rd bedroom. It is a villa, there is a hallway to open floor plan. In the hallway, leads to laundry room leading to garage in front. Back of open floor plan is Master bedroom, and master bath bordering neighbors.

Probably irrelevant info, but is it highly noticeable to the house next door?

@Perforated TLDR: Only one house next door, none on other side, can they smell the meth vapor (smoke) if someone was using it.

question how noticeable is the meth vapor smell, to say neighbors. 1800 square foot house on golf course, no houses to left just a wall and yard, golfers are at closest 20-25 feet from the back of the house, neighbors house is 7-8 feet next door to the right (Use like your facing the front door from inside the house as left right bearings), bordering, 2nd bedroom, small bath, 3rd bedroom. It is a villa, there is a hallway to open floor plan. In the hallway, leads to laundry room leading to garage in front. Back of open floor plan is Master bedroom, and master bath bordering neighbors.

Probably irrelevant info, but is it highly noticeable to the house next door?
Nope. Pure meth HCLis vapor is odorless and tasteless when smoked and dissipates in the air very quickly. However, you never get 100 % pure lab grade stuff and 90+ % pure stuff seems to have a slightly sweet taste.

Petsonally, I’ve smoked in the room (with windows open) next to people and they’ve never noticed. They’ve also come into the room 5 minutes after I was hitting it and not noticed anything.

The only thing I ever worry about is the smell of acetone if I wash it or people actually seeing me with a pipe in my mouth or a lighter flashing multiple times at night.

Nope. Pure meth HCLis vapor is odorless and tasteless when smoked and dissipates in the air very quickly. However, you never get 100 % pure lab grade stuff and 90+ % pure stuff seems to have a slightly sweet taste.

Petsonally, I’ve smoked in the room (with windows open) next to people and they’ve never noticed. They’ve also come into the room 5 minutes after I was hitting it and not noticed anything.

The only thing I ever worry about is the smell of acetone if I wash it or people actually seeing me with a pipe in my mouth or a lighter flashing multiple times at night.

Thank you good sir, have the house to myself next week, planning on a 1-2 day thing beginning of week, just to locate a pipe now is my last task, you answering this will relieve paranoia. meth and crack, the smell is the only thing that sets off paranoia for me. I'll be chill as a cucumber playing some heroes of the storm. Appreciate the quick response!

Thank you good sir, have the house to myself next week, planning on a 1-2 day thing beginning of week, just to locate a pipe now is my last task, you answering this will relieve paranoia. meth and crack, the smell is the only thing that sets off paranoia for me. I'll be chill as a cucumber playing some heroes of the storm. Appreciate the quick response!
No problem. If you cannot locate a pipe you can quickly make one out of a household light globe. You need an old-fashioned screw in (edison-type) incandescent or halogen globe because the glass is thicker and they are made to withstand high temperatures. The newer energy/saving LED globes are no good for this purpose.

All the intructions are on Youtube if you search ‘light globe vaporizer’.

Dont’ bother vaping off aluminium foil. It tastes horrible and you lose a lot of product.

Meth sucks compared to what it wasin the early 2000s. It crept back into my life a couple years ago but its not fun. No tweaking, no staying up and fucking for a couple days, 24 hour NHL playstation battles, its a drag... if you can find anyone making it the old school way, hang on to that person
The shit here in Florida, you'd be surprised is pretty top notch, even after acetone washes.

No problem. If you cannot locate a pipe you can quickly make one out of a household light globe. You need an old-fashioned screw in (edison-type) incandescent or halogen globe because the glass is thicker and they are made to withstand high temperatures. The newer energy/saving LED globes are no good for this purpose.

Dont’ bother vaping off aluminium foil. It tastes horrible and you lose a lot of product.
Appreciate the comment just looked it up. In the U.S most of the light globes are screw in for the most part anyways, thank you!

Meth sucks compared to what it wasin the early 2000s. It crept back into my life a couple years ago but its not fun. No tweaking, no staying up and fucking for a couple days, 24 hour NHL playstation battles, its a drag... if you can find anyone making it the old school way, hang on to that person
Really I wish I could smoke crack instead, but smells too strong, and I am always chill as can be no paranoia side effects, unless one things triggers it for me... I think omg everyone can smell it, and that's the reason ill be smoking Meth over Cracked Cocaine

Hey why aren't the screw in LED All GLASS globes no good? I have some that are all glass and some that have a half plastic half glass. Of course the half plastic isn't gonna work, but an all glass LED wouldn't?

Hey why aren't the screw in LED All GLASS globes no good? I have some that are all glass and some that have a half plastic half glass. Of course the half plastic isn't gonna work, but an all glass LED wouldn't?
You can use an LED full glass one if you are REALLY careful with the heat and the cleaning. The glass is so thin and not heat resistant so they crack really easily. Definitely don’t hit one with a torch lighter. When I’ve made one out of an LED I’ve always cracked it within a day. But globes with a halogen or incandescent filament can take a torch lighter for a minute or two no problem. And they don’t often crack if you accidentally drop a bit.

household Halogen and incandescent globes are being phased out and made illegal in many countries so you might have trouble finding them although Amazon still has them: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q22TS8F/

Get an oil burner. So you don't have to worry about the flick of the flame. I personally keep my thumb on a lighter or torch to continue the flame until I'm done.

There are differences of opinion on BL about this. Some people use 98% or hardware grade and some people use acetone they have dried themselves. Acetone will absorb water from the atmosphere over time and part of the reason for using desiccated magnesium sulfate is that you leave a few inches of it in the bottom of your acetone container to continually keep it dry as it is stored.

I did an experiment once where I washed 2 grams of the same meth separately. One in the acetone I bought from the hardware store and left in the original tin and one in the same acetone but which I kept in a mason jar 1/4 full of magnesium sulfate. There was about 5 % greater loss from the undried acetone.

I have heard that MDMA is even more sensitive to the water content in impure Acetone.

Remember to warm acetone in a water bath. Not directly on a hot plate and definitely not near flame. A respirator is not a bad idea when he use heated acetone. It boils at around 56 c so you don’t need to heat it much.

You won’t find that info here. Sourcing discussion not allowed. 4-FMA is illegal in many places. In the US, you could be prosecuted under the Analog Act even before it is scheduled.
Thanks.

Anyway, is saying locations for solvents ok?

100% Acetone is super cheap as nail polish remover, about 6oz for $1. Unless you have the glass to distill it and the time, although it is fairly fast with the rate of evaperation, the best route would be the 100%. Stocking up if you need it as anhydronous as possible helps. Reason being the condensation quickly will dilute the solvent once opened very fast. Notice how cold acetone feels when in plain glass, now imagine that cold liquid on the room temp container, especially the tin, end of cans are the worst usually.

Keeping some in the freezer is always good. Pseudoephedrine and Methamphetamine it is confusing researchig solubility. Many peer reviewed articles that list different solvents and the rates will usually leave Acetone blank, or varying claims. Basically the temperature and time determine everything. If you have a tin can of Adetone one of the common sellers, Quick Klean or Jasco ect., when used to dissolve something you want to make sure mixs in to create a solution, it's smart to use extra with the goal of using enough that the water content will just catch everything you want.

Luckily I found a head shop with pipes for 4 bucks. If newer to vaping it be wary of certain 'oil burning' pipes, like at gas stations. The first one I got was purple and the stem spiraled, it was pretty cool except it was too thick, may have been pyrex. I couldn't get it hot enough at all. Since I only used tinfoil in the past and a light bulb a couple times, I wasn't sure and barley got anything, once melted and crack-back'd it barley got hot enough no matter what lighter or how long, I cleaned it out scapping it, and dumping out. I thought it was cashed or whatever being a noob, luckily it paid off because I ran out and a week later snorted the slighly vaped shards and they were basically as good as new.

Not only that, but inhaling the toxic fumes of superheated aluminum is extremely unhealthy.
Well, a proper oil burner made from sodium borosilicate glass is the best way to go, in my opinion, but in a pinch, knowing how to vape off of foil (aka “chasing the dragon”) can be indispensable. Some tips…
  • Foil takes less heat.
  • If you “superheat” foil to the point of toxic fumes, you burnt the meth long before that.
  • Get heavy-duty aluminium foil wrap, tear off a piece and double it, fold it lengthwise once, then fold each side down so it resembles the letter M sorta.
  • Hold a Bic lighter a hand’s width underneath the foil and allow the drug to melt and slowly slide down the crevice you’ve made in the foil.
  • Pull in the stream of vapor with a straw, glass tube, or something resistant to melting.
  • By watching the heat, this should avoid producing toxic fumes.
  • Don’t let meth boil because it burns/polymerizes near those temps.
Methamphetamine.HCl melts at 175°C and boils at 214°C. This is remarkably low for a drug salt (just an uncommon feature/quirk of meth… hell, freebase meth oil has a higher BP than its HCl salt; crazy, right?), and this is an appreciable gap between melting- and boiling-points. Regardless both are lower than the fuming point of aluminium metal.

Copper is a different story. Do not smoke anything from copper.