• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Meth psychosis

billyj

Bluelighter
Hi. I have come, after a full year, to understand that my persecution psychosis after two days on meth and forgetting to take my Xanax was just that: psychosis. The logic of the events (police surrounding the entire hotel, a group of concerned hotel guests gathered outside my room talking for hours about how they'd filmed everything through the window etc) is simply not believable (no police ever came, on exit from the hotel the concierge told me be hoped I would return soon).

However the psychosis was so vivid and realistic at the time that even though I know in hindsight it was delusional, it is burned into my memory as real events and I can recall every word if the entire episode to this day.

Has anyone else had this? Does it ever go away?

Hi. I have come, after a full year, to understand that my persecution psychosis after two days on meth and forgetting to take my Xanax was just that: psychosis. The logic of the events (police surrounding the entire hotel, a group of concerned hotel guests gathered outside my room talking for hours about how they'd filmed everything through the window etc) is simply not believable (no police ever came, on exit from the hotel the concierge told me be hoped I would return soon).

However the psychosis was so vivid and realistic at the time that even though I know in hindsight it was delusional, it is burned into my memory as real events and I can recall every word if the entire episode to this day.

Has anyone else had this? Does it ever go away?
The definition of delusion is a true inability to distinguish hallucination from reality.

The very fact that you've made the step to question it, deconstruct it, and explain it, is a huge step.

My last major psychosis was about 5 years ago. It does take time to heal, and the memory of it is still very fresh in my mind, but now feels like a long time ago. It's less visceral.

All memories fade with time. But at least you know it wasn't real, that's a very positive step towards moving forward from the experience.

Thab
The definition of delusion is a true inability to distinguish hallucination from reality.

The very fact that you've made the step to question it, deconstruct it, and explain it, is a huge step.

My last major psychosis was about 5 years ago. It does take time to heal, and the memory of it is still very fresh in my mind, but now feels like a long time ago. It's less visceral.

All memories fade with time. But at least you know it wasn't real, that's a very positive step towards moving forward from the experience.
Thank you.