• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth - swollen hands/legs

partingof

Bluelighter
I have chronic low pottasium, sometimes and sometimes sodium, as it is, but in in the last 2 years or so sometimes after I use my legs and hands get very swollen. Isn`t painf tho, just makes it hard to walk and grip things.
Been using for over 10 years, but use to use every day. Now it`s just once a week, only 2 points.

Thinking it might be the low sodim, but my doctor has idea why it happens.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, something like this, or knows why it happens.

Strange things are strange. Let me know if you got any ideas. Thanks

** Oh and I smoke, not shoot up. I knew I forgot to write that.

Last edited:
Only time this used to happen with me was when I'd smoke a g or eat a lot and jerk off and fuck myself dehydrated, then try to take my shoes off to no avail

Get your heart checked out. Swollen legs and hands can be a sign of heart damage
Me or them

Don't scare them yet, I had this and it wasn't anything. My heart is in perfect condition i used to have an average blood pressure off an Alka seltzer shot

Fear if it persists with use after a break and hydration

Get your blood pressure checked and get your cholesterol checked. Start exercising more, runs push-ups and the like.

Is it acute - just in the hours after you have a meth session? Or there all the time : chronic even if you don’t smoke for a day? Do your feet turn blue as well? is there pain?

Did your doctor check your ankle-brachial index? do you take any other drugs?

Me or them

Don't scare them yet, I had this and it wasn't anything. My heart is in perfect condition i used to have an average blood pressure off an Alka seltzer shot

Presumably that comment was an answer to OP who asked a question about these symptoms. You weren't the one asking for an answer, right? On the other hand, if you're in the same position as OP, you might want to take it to heart too. No one is forcing anyone, anyway.

Swollen limbs as a chronic or recurring symptom is something worth checking out. A potentially hazardous condition. In this case the symptom appears in conjunction with the heavy use of a known cardiotoxic drug.

Presumably that comment was an answer to OP who asked a question about these symptoms. You weren't the one asking for an answer, right? On the other hand, if you're in the same position as OP, you might want to take it to heart too. No one is forcing anyone, anyway.

Swollen limbs as a chronic or recurring symptom is something worth checking out. A potentially hazardous condition. In this case the symptom appears in conjunction with the heavy use of a known cardiotoxic drug.
It was only once for me

I'm 22 though. Good questions for op are

Typical resting heart condition

Genetics

Amount of drug use

Types of drugs used

I have chronic low pottasium, sometimes and sometimes sodium, as it is, but in in the last 2 years or so sometimes after I use my legs and hands get very swollen. Isn`t painf tho, just makes it hard to walk and grip things.
Been using for over 10 years, but use to use every day. Now it`s just once a week, only 2 points.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, something like this, or knows why it happens.

I guess after 10 years of heavy Meth use if all you have is some low sodium and some swollen hands and legs you should thankful. More than likely it is due to lack of proper nutrition. I don’t think anything wrong with you.

Check out filariasis. I get it when I get high, there's nematode larva in the shit. Gives ya the meth mites nobody can see too.