• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids Methadone taper with cheat days?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
I get weekly take homes. Currently Im on 85mg à day.
I usually take 3 bottles at once on take home day and that gives me 55mg per day for the rest of the week which holds me.
I want off this shit but while I'm on a fairly high dose will this weekly treat completely fuck any chance of lowering my tolerance?
I plan on asking my DSP to drop me 5ml a no th and continue having a big dose on pick up day ut lowering it accordingly so each month I'll be taking 5ml per day less.
Possible?

Yea thats a bad idea, I dont think you can taper and get high at the same time, taper is about spreading out the withdrawal, a heavy use followed by lower doses is just gonna end up being many pretty shitty withdrawals which will be a lot harder than even cold turkey imo

If it's dropping 5mg a month from 85mg I'd expect you to do alright for quite a while. Eventually though you'll wanna reduce how much you drop by each month.

To be honest though once it gets to the lower numbers I'm not sure how your use would complicate matters. I do think you could do it for at least several months. Maybe more.

I used to have many cheat days. Using less than my prescribed dose to build up a little stash so that I could get high every now and then. But eventually, you realise that you're only cheating yourself. Methadone is a great tool for getting clean, but it has to be taken as prescribed. Fucking about with your doses only prolongs the agony...

I'll sell you my script when I've got it sorted, both scripts, the play and the subscriber prescriber

I have to go to the chemist every 2nd day, but hopefully it'll literally be a stones through away, new chemist opening. I always hold my doses back then but it back in the bottle,because then I get to take as little as possible, without being on my back about it. But if as soon as you open your eyes, you know, providing you don't the '6 o'clock knockdown' your sorted. Them chemist is the least av got to worry about, in Glasgow you can miss 2 days before it you gotta start at 30ml again. Either try use it to get clean , or when youv not got to keep sickness away , wouldn't be taking both just fucking yourself even more.