• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Methamphetamine cleaning for harm reduction

Loccdogg

Bluelighter
Can someone with experience explain the AB reduction of meth to me? I see people explain that because of the new cuts in today's stuff, acetone isn't the best thing to clean it up anymore but I can't find anyone saying THIS IS HOW AND THIS IS WHAT YOU USE TO DO IT I have been making my own anhydrous acetone and Isopropyl for recrystallizations and purifying and have been attempting to Acid/Base a ball or more at a time but after about 5 or so attempts I haven't had a successful batch yet. These are the steps I've been doing which I have put together from hours of research. 1. Dissolve meth in as small amount of water as I need 2.) I have lye water, 1 part lye to 5 parts water, drip that in until I have about the same amount of lye water as meth water to base the meth 3.) Pour hot naphtha into the glass, I use about as much as there is water and stir until the oily meth on top of the water has dissolved into the hot naphtha. 4.) Drain lye water from bottom layer 5.) Pour more distilled water into hot naphtha to make sure no undissolved cuts remain, filter that out as well. 6.) Bubble hcl gas into naphtha to rebase the meth and make it soluble in Water again 7.) Pour naphtha through coffee filter to get meth out 8.) Pour anhydrous acetone over that meth to get any remaining naphtha off. 9.)get some hot isopropyl dissolve meth that's in filter to recrystalize it and clean it up some more and leave it in dark place covered to recrystalize it. I am a longtime IV user so I know what the stuff is supposed to feel like.ive only actually had the balls to do the stuff I sent through this process twice and both times I did such a small amount but I had alarm bells going off in my head and I felt like it was not meth I did, I felt sick. I do not want to keep doing this and wasting stuff, I enjoy using so i'd really like to reduce any harm I can so I'd really appreciate some advice/critique here

I'm curious about this.

How much does it weigh when you're finished vs when you started.

What's the purpose of doing A/B? What kinds of cut is this supposed to remove?

Do you use pH test strips? If not how do you know when you have bubbled in enough HCL?

Whenever I needed to form a salt in the past I've had better luck using a dropper to add 37% HCL to the solution than by bubbling in the gas, but I was working in an excessive amount of water, too. I'm not sure if that is an issue for you though. It sounds like you're using a minimum of water.

If it didn't feel like meth when you did it, what did it feel like?

You could evaporate the alcohol off very quickly with a quick stove top double boiler setup.

Why do you need anhydrous isopropanol if it's just being used to dissolve the final product and clean the filter?

You know heet is supposed to be 99.9% methanol. It evaporates quickly in front of a fan.

Acetone
coffee filters
metal pan
Put product in coffee filter and hold it over pan, pour acetone over product it will dissolve most everything except the meth

Did you feel like it was not meth before you cleaned it? Because maybe it's actually not meth.

Also, another major concern I have is that HCl will react with alkenes in naphtha creating organochlorides. I'd use a different organic solvent. Naphtha is good for DMT extraction where you want the freebase and not salt.

Did you feel like it was not meth before you cleaned it? Because maybe it's actually not meth.

Also, another major concern I have is that HCl will react with alkenes in naphtha creating organochlorides. I'd use a different organic solvent. Naphtha is good for DMT extraction where you want the freebase and not salt.
This is the info I have been looking for. Theoretically, What other solvents would you use?

Acetone
coffee filters
metal pan
Put product in coffee filter and hold it over pan, pour acetone over product it will dissolve most everything except the

Acetone
coffee filters
metal pan
Put product in coffee filter and hold it over pan, pour acetone over product it will dissolve most everything except the m

Acetone
coffee filters
metal pan
Put product in coffee filter and hold it over pan, pour acetone over product it will dissolve most everything except the meth
I've messed around with msm because I had my suspicion that acetone in fact did not do anything to it and I was right, cold acetone does not dissolve MSM even after it's been rocked up and crushed. Now boiling acetone may be a different story but if your gonna just do a basic cleaning the only way I've found that works (and works very well) is to boil your dope and acetone together while dripping in 99 isopropyl slowly until it dissolves and let it boil about 3 minutes longer (I use a lab hotplate with automatic stirring rod) dissolving it separates all the compounds, after your done boiling it pour some more acetone in while it's still on the hot plate, keeping it warm, then just let it

A.) Cool off very slowly to form bigger crystals or
B.) Put the borosilicate right into the freezer to drop it out of the alcohol (dope is only soluble in hot alcohol)

I'd like to get the AB down with correct info as to what solvents to use if anyone could help a brother out